Ch 23. Sunrise Talk: Bus Stop
69 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5:50 am in the morning. The alarm clock is ringing and its sound is echoing inside of my head, but somehow I managed to gather my strength and turn it off. However, that wasn't enough, I also needed to gather strengths and get out of my bed. That's why, in order to achieve that goal, I decided to simply roll through the bed until I fell to the ground.

The loud bang of my body hitting the floor shook my room, but after a few seconds no one came to see how I was, maybe it wasn't loud enough?

I managed to stand up, with a weird mixture of pain and dullness in every inch of my body. Luckily, I managed to decide what clothes I’ll be wearing for today, so all I need to do right now is to put them on. Well, I also needed to wash myself, fix my bed hair, and eat breakfast, so after a few seconds of doing nothing and just being there, in the middle of my room, I started doing my morning tasks. 

6:30 am. Sotoka has just arrived at the door of my house and rang the bell. Even if she usually is careless, somehow she managed to be here right in time. What's more, she clearly took her time doing her hair and choosing her clothes, because she looked extremely beautiful. Maybe I’m still half asleep?

Sotoka was wearing a short sleeved back and white striped t-shirt. On the top of her short blond hair that somehow looked curlier than usual, there was a black beret, while two pink star shaped pins were holding her bangs out of her face. She was also wearing a short black skirt and long white socks that reached the middle of her thighs.

Now that I think about it, she looks a little bit like a mime. Of course, I’m not going to say something like that, after all, she looks really cute.

I giggled my thoughts away while greeting her with a smile.

“Morning, Eriko, You look really cute in that blue dress! And your hair is also cute with those braids!”

That's right, just for today, I decided to wear braids instead of just leaving my hair untied just as I usually do. Am I overdoing it? I looked at Sotoka once more, just to make sure… No, I think I’ll be fine just like this.

Once we were done greeting and complimenting each other, we started the walk towards our first destination: The bus stop.

“Honestly, Sotoka, I didn't expect you to actually wake up at this hour. Haha~”

“Well, if we want to make the most out of this day, we need to be able to take the first bus, you know?”

“I know that, but as I just said, didn't expect you to actually wake up this early, even if it was your idea.”

“Oh, you are so mean, Eriko…”

“It seems that you really want to try out those candies~”

“D-Don’t…!”

We had our peaceful walk to the bus stop without any problems. I was mocking Sotoka during most of our trip, however, that's just how things are, she really loves candies.

It wasn't a long trip, but since we wanted to catch the first bus, we needed to wake up this early in the morning. After all, if we somehow manage to lose this one, we need to wait until 9:00 am.

“It seems that we got here a little bit early… Well, it's just a few minutes, there's nothing we can do about it, right?”

I looked at the clock, 6:50. Since the bus is supposed to get here at 7:00, we have 10 minutes left. It's not much time, and as Sotoka just said, there's nothing we can do about it. Besides, in this kind of scenario, it is better to be sooner than later, it’ll be a big problem if we lose this bus.

“Yeah, you are right. However, isn't it a little bit chilly? Maybe I should have bringed a blanket or something…”

“Going out with a blanket?! What are you, an old lady?!”

“...”

“...”

“Fu…”

“Ha…”

“Fufufu~”

“Hahaha~”

In the end, we managed to nonchalantly speak and joke around until the bus finally arrived.

8