Ch 25. Arrival
58 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bus suddenly shook and the involuntary nodding of my head took me out of my dream. I looked through the window in order to find out where we were but sooner than later I realized that we were just a few blocks away from our stop.

“Hey, S-Sotoka, Wake up!”

“Uhm…”

However, I simply got a mumble as a response, so I started to dessesperatelly shake her in order to make her come back to her senses.

“C-Come on, you…! We need to get ready!”

“Umhm… Just 5 more minutes…”

“W-We don't have enough time! Wake up, now!”

“Zhmunn…”

“Wake up!!!!”

Once we finally arrived at our destination, we got out of the bus.

“What a fine ride, it took less than I expected. What do you think, Eriko?”

Sotoka had a big bright smile on her face while stretching her arms once we were out on the street. On the other hand, I'm really exhausted, afterall, she woke up almost at the last second.

“W-Well, maybe it was because we slept through the whole trip?”

“Oh, now that you mention it, you might be right! Fufufu~”

This girl… She is such an airhead. Well, maybe I'm the one in fault here, for falling out for her.

I let out a long sigh before starting talking about what we should do next.

“Is that really that important? I mean, we almost never come to the city, we should try to take out the most of this journey, right? Fufufu~”

Well, she is right about that, but I'm quite sure that we came here with a clear objective in our minds, so maybe we should start heading there first. Of course, I proposed this to Sotoka, but she dismissed me saying that we should leave desserts for the end of the day, that's how they work.

I looked around, searching for inspiration about what we could do next. That was when the feeling of being in the middle of the city hit me right in the face.

Cities tend to be really crowded places, but since we were here on a Saturday in the morning, the amount of people was just a fraction of what anyone could expect. However, even if there were few people talking about city standards, the amount of people could easily be compared to what we could see in our town during a busy day.

Nevertheless, this wasn't a noisy place. Besides the cars and the talks of the people walking around us, there was nothing else that could be heard. There were no animals, no birds, no wind, and of course, there was no stream of water flowing next to the sidewalk. Realising this, made me feel a little bit lonely.

Suddenly, I felt two arms falling over my shoulders and a soft voice whispering in my ear.

“Don't tell me you are feeling nervous, Eriko.”

“Kya~!”

I jumped away due to the weird sensation and almost made the two of us fall to the ground. Luckily, we were able to avoid that kind of embarrassing situation.

“D-Don't do that! And, no, I'm not nervous, there's no way I'll be!”

“I don't know, you were looking a little bit paler than always (from my perspective). You are looking fine now, a little bit red though.”

As always, she had a happy smile drawn on her face while teasing me. She was clearly enjoying herself. I like her being joyful and all, but I don't like that her fun is coming from mocking me.

I let out an exasperated sigh before saying anything.

“You… You better tell me what we are doing next…”

“Fufufu~!”

7