Ch 41. Daily Life: Clair’s Éclair
30 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huh? What did you just…? You are taking a break because your back hurts and it's my turn to tell them something?

Mhmm, well, let me see… Right now I'm kind of busy, but I'll do my best! 

Huh? The first thing I should do is to tell them what I am doing? This is really weird, you know…

Anyway, I'm currently stal– I mean, watching the teachers room's door, and taking notes of how many people are still inside, but more importantly, if Sapphire is still there or not.

This is a really important job, you know? I mean, if ther–…

“Hey, Clair, what are you doing here~?”

A familiar, and annoying, voice shook me out of my thoughts. It was Kasumi's, as cheerful as always.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Kasumi, but it should be pretty obvious that I’m currently busy in something more useful than chit chatting about trivial stuff of our daily lives.

“Oh, Mhmm... H-Hi… W-Well, you see…”

As I was stumbling with my words, thinking of a proper answer to her unexpected question, she interrupted my train of thoughts once again.

“Could it be that you are stalking Sapphire again? That won't do, Clair!”

“Of course I'm not…!”

Of course I'm, isn't it obvious? Now get out of here soon, please.

As if she were able to read my awful thoughts, or maybe due to the appatic expression drawn on my face, Kasumi smiled at me and said some words before starting walking away.

"Uh, well, I see. See you later, Clair. Sorry to bother you. Hehe.”

That was obviously an uncomfortable laugh,  I'm sorry Kasumi, again, I have nothing against you. 

Just what was she…?

I tried to turn my gaze back to the teachers room's door, but right when I was about to finish my turn, a karate chop fell from above, right in the top of my head.

“That wasn't friendly at all, Clair…”

Standing in front of me was Sapphire, ready to start lecturing me. She said those words with a monotonous voice, and in her face was a expression that looked like a mixture of a really serious one, but at the same time, she looked disappointed, I couldn't understand why.

Of course, since she was about to give me a lecture, I was about to understand the look on her face. Or that's what she thought, however…

Sapphire let out a long sigh before starting to give me her usual speech.

“Hear me out, Clair. It should be clear at this point, but since you are a student here and I’m your teacher, there's no way… [*bleep*] [*bleep*] [*bleep*]. I’ve said this a lot of times, but you should try to get along with your classmates, instead of… [*bleep*] [*bleep*] [*bleep*]. What's more, I really think that you… [*bleep*] [*bleep*] [*bleep*]... Please understand… [*bleep*] [*bleep*]..., feelings,… [*bleep*] [*bleep*] Besides, even if… [*bleep*] [*bleep*]...”

Awww, I really love to see her talking, and her voice is like music to my ears. However, I really wish that she could stop making those annoying beeping sounds from time to time when she is talking to me. But if we put that aside, I honestly think that she is the most precious girl around here.

Oh! But don't get me wrong, I know that she has her flaws too, she is just a human after all, just like you and me, I’m not blind or something like that. For example, I know that she drinks a little bit too much, and I really wish she could change that, for her own health…

“Are you listening to me, Clair? No, more importantly, why are you looking at me with a condescending expression when you are the one being lectured?”

“O-Of course, I'm listening, Sapphire. You said that I should than– apologize to Kasumi for what happened…”

“Yeah, and please stop calling me Sapphire…”

“Huh?”

I tilted my head at such a extrange sentence. Isn't she called Sapphire after all?

Sapphire let out a tired sigh.

“You know what? It doesn't matter…”

She said before going back to the teachers room while waving her hand.

The next day, the first hour in the morning, I gave Kasumi a chocolate bar.

“For what happened yesterday, take this, Kasumi.”

“Uh? T-Thanks…? But I’m not angry at all, you know? Haha.”

“Oh, it's a thank you gift, enjoy it! Fufu~”

“Sure…?"

I walked away and continued with my daily life.

 

6