Chapter One: Kage
83 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sounds of crickets filled the otherwise silent atmosphere. The moon happily watched down on the earth as it lit the village up. Urashina was a peaceful village. Known to be the birthplace of some of the best swordsmen, it also became a hotspot for the people of the Eastern Kingdom.

A pair of light footsteps made their way down the steps of the empty dojo and headed their way towards the door. "Hana don't forget your bento." A elderly male voice called out concerned. Hana turned around and grabbed the bento that was wrapped up for her. She quickly bowed and muttered her thanks before speeding towards the road.

Hana is a 17 year old who stood at 5'10. Her body was lean built. Her skin was a warm beige colour . Lips plump and almost reddish. Her eyes were doe eyed and blue in colour. Her most noticeable feature was the scar running across her face, from cheek to cheek.

She sported her hair in two braided ponytails. She was wearing a black mini kimono with red flowers imprinted on them. One leg was covered in a black thigh high sock, and the other was wrapped up completely in bandages. Two daggers were strapped on her left thigh, whilst a katana was strapped on her hip. She was wearing a pair of geta sandals, the sounds they made echoing across the atmosphere.

She whistled to herself as she entered the night forest, nothing but a lantern and the moon to guide her through. She had just graduated from the dojo and was now on her way to the big city of Kumigawa to fulfill her dream of becoming a swordsman.

She continued to whistle a makeshift tune but came to a halt when she heard something in the bushes. She reached for her katana, grabbing the hilt and slightly unsheathing it. "Who goes there?" She asks in a demanding tone. Her deep, but soft voice filled the forest surroundings.

A pair of orange glowing eyes appeared before her. She fully unsheathed the katana and pointed it at the creature. It was a large white and brown demon cat." A puny human believes she could do harm with a weapon like that." The cat mused. His deep, venomous voice booming.

Without warning, the cat started running towards the young girl, not even giving her a minute before he knocked her down and bore it's fangs at her. She stared at it wide eyed, fear coursing through her body.

"You amuse me child. I think it shall be you who bears the curse of the shadows." The cat got off her, and that caused Hana to quickly counter attack. She spun her swords before quickly running forth. She wasn't quick enough and she found herself being forcefully flung towards a tree.

The cat started chanting something. Hana, barely able to keep conscious, started screaming as her whole body felt like she was being dipped in lava. She weakly looked down to see that the arm she was holding the katana with was starting to gain strange markings.

Her once silver bladed katana was now pitch black with a gold hilt. She looked up to the cat, who was smiling at her. "You now bear a curse my child. A curse that comes directly from the shadows and the gods themselves."

"Why did you fucking curse me!?" She angrily yelled out, her head spinning crazily and body getting weaker by the second. The cat cackled before it started to slowly disappear, leaving Hana both confused and terrified.

"If you want to lift the curse, go to Kumigawa and hunt powerful demons. You must kill 1 everyday before one. If you fail, the curse will speed its process of sucking your life force." The cat flamboyantly explained. "If you're able to kill at 100 powerful demons before those snake markings cover your entire body, the curse will be lifted." With that, the demon cat disappeared and Hana slipped into unconsciousness.

1