Chapter Two: The Reaper
30 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time Hana had awoken from her slumber, she was quickly aware of her surroundings and noticed it was day time. She was still in the forest she was attacked in. Her whole body hurt like hell and the simple act of moving caused it to worsen. The events that transpired started to play through her mind, and she couldn't help but let out an irritated sigh.

"Why me of all people!" She yelled out frustrated. After a while, she got up slowly feeling the pain turn into a mere numbing feeling. She noticed that her hip felt a bit heavier and she looked down to notice a massive black sheathed katana there. 'This has got to be the cursed sword.' She solemnly thought to herself. Putting these thoughts at the back of her head, she continued her journey through the forest.

With the pace of a snail, she was finally able to make it out of the forest and towards a giant green field. A bus stop was located there with a massive board beside it. She went up to the black and white board and read the screen. 'Lion bus to Kumigawa in 3 minutes.' She sighed, glad that she didn't have to wait for that long. The sound of a vehicle approaching fell on her ears and soon enough the lion bus stopped in front of her.

The lion bus was designed to look like a lion. It hovered above the ground and was the 3rd best transportation in the eastern kingdom. She climbed on and took a seat at the back. The interior was silver and was lathered with advertisement posters and news. She took a deep shaky breath and closed her eyes. "We'll reach Kumigawa in 1hr, so sit back and enjoy the ride." A robotic woman's voice echoed across the bus.

Other than Hana, the bus had 7 other people in it. A family of four, an elderly couple and a man in a full black cloak. Hana decided that sleeping wasn't the best thing and started staring out the window. The fields started becoming blurs as the bus started speeding. Soon enough, she spotted skyscrapers and more urban scenery. The bus started going through a small town with brothels and restaurants on full display. "We'll reach Kumigawa in 10 minutes, so sit back and enjoy the ride." Hana sighed in relief. She was finally at her destination. The place where all the best swordsmen gathered, and now the place where she had to collect demons.

Shit she didn't know existed before the cat. Soon enough, the bus stopped at a busy city centre. Shops were open, cars were flying through, and people were crossing the street. A massive billboard with the date '25th of July 2056.' This was also serene for the teen. She looked at the massive clock on the bus stop and noticed it was 12 noon. She had twelve more hours before she had to hand in a demon.

She walked around the busy centre and stared at the shops. She needed some clothes but she had to come later for that. She hastily took out a piece of paper that was lodged in her bra and read it. It was the home of the person she was staying with. "Ichinose." She muttered to herself. She pointed her hand out for a taxi, and one flew over quickly.

She got in and told the driver the address. She stared out the window, once again repeating her actions from earlier. Kumigawa from what she had seen, was like a completely different world. The sky was extremely grey. Clouds dark and three purple, pink and blue moons present. Skyscrapers looked down on her and people walked around with robots by their side.

Things she wouldn't be able to see back home. Well except the moons. Alleyways were lit up red, purple or blue. Groups of people stood outside restaurants laughing and smoking. She noticed a few people walking animals. The taxi turned left into a narrow street, the houses now starting to look different. Finally the taxi came to a stop in front of a rundown apartment complex. She paid the fee and got out of the car. Her katana strapped back onto her waist. She looked at the white coloured rundown apartment and was thoroughly intrigued.

There were two massive flower pots with tulip flowers placed at the rusting black, spiked gate. She rang the number on the paper and let it ring for a while. A buzzing sound went off followed by the sound of the door clicking open. She pulled the heavy door and entered. The apartment complex smelt like cigarettes and alcohol, but she wasn't complaining. She quietly walked up the stairs and in no time, she made it to the door.

She gently knocked on the door and was surprised to see it open. "I'm home." Why the hell did she say that? "I'm in the kitchen." A deep, but young voice called out. The apartment was small and smelled like lavender. In front of the front door, the living room was present. She took her shoes off and wore the black slippers.

She walked down the beige walled hallways and into the living room. There was a massive window that led to a balcony. The view was amazing. The skyscrapers and the moons were all visible. "You had an easy journey getting here, Hana?" The man questioned her. She looked at the kitchen entrance and almost screeched.

He was tall. Like at least 6ft and a bit. He was shirtless. He was lean built with visible abs, 6 of them. He had a blue and red dragon tattoo on his chest. His face was soft but defined. Eyes amber coloured and gentle. He had plump lips and his warm beige face was lathered in freckles. He was pretty and handsome all at once. His black hair was tied in a man bun and he had a cigarette between his lips. He wore black sweatpants with pink flippers on his feet.

"It was a journey." Anxiously stuttered out, before giving a small smile. "You must be Ichinose 'The Reaper.' He gave her a wolf-like grin and nodded his head." How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?" " 19." He replied nonchalantly. She nodded her head before following him into the kitchen when he gestured her too.

Maybe living here wouldn't be so bad.

3