Chapter Three: Hana’s First Demon
52 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dead silent atmosphere was filled with screams filled with agony and despair. The wind caused the trees to appear as if they were cowering from whatever was causing the problem. A single figure in the middle of a children's park. Kids' mutilated bodies laid all around the figure. "You're still as nihilistic as ever." Another figure came out of the shadows.

"Did you hear that Akimitsu finally selected someone to wield Kage." The same figure asked in an upbeat tone. The talker's voice belonged to a tall woman with luscious long blue hair. She wore a white and purple lolita gown. She wore thigh high white boots. Her pale face was smeared in well done make up. Both her pupils were a mixture of orange and purple. She was hugging a brown stuffed bear to her side.

The other figure she referred to as nihilistic was a man completely covered in a black cloak. He was really tall and muscular. He held a sharpened machete in one hand. It was completely soaked with the blood of the children he had murdered. "It's a girl. A little fucking runt was given the sword, Roxanne." Roxanne tilted her head to the side as if questioning how he knew the identity.

"We were on the same lion bus."He answered her thoughts nonchalantly." Wow Gin, you're actually useful." She joked.

-----

"Ah, so you've been cursed? " Ichinose questioned, barely able to hold in his laughter. "So unfortunate." He jokingly continued. Hana looked at him as if he was unhinged. "This isn't a laughing matter, Ichinose." He waved his head muttering half assed apologies. "Akimitsu decided to send you a kaibyō." Ichinose remarked flippantly. "You should be honored."

That's it, Hana was going to beat the living daylights out of him. "Why should I? What part of me looks like I wanted to be cursed?" She questioned exasperated. Ichinose shrugged his shoulders. They were both situated on the couch, watching an idol reality show. Ichinose was still shirtless and Hana was wearing a grey tracksuit he let her borrow.

"Plus, who's Akimitsu?" Ichinose popped a prawn cracker into his mouth and chewed quickly. "He's a spirit. Almost a God to most people. He gives out curses to those he deems an eyesore. That's all I can tell ya." He rambled nonchalantly. Hana bit her bottom lip in frustration before sighing to calm herself down.

It was currently 6 pm, meaning she had 6 measly hours left to kill a demon. Now how she was going to do that, she didn't know. She lifted her sleeve to see that the black snake markings were now just below her elbow. Ichinose watched in concentrated silence, as he studied them. "We should probably go into the city centre and have your sword sniff one out a demon ." Ichinose softly muttered, Hana nodding her head in agreement.

They quickly got ready and were out of the apartment complex in no time. Ichinose was wearing a pair of baggy black jeans with a grey shirt that was under a black jean jacket. He paired them with a pair of white ankle length converses. His hair was let down, reaching his shoulders .

Hana was still in the clothes she was given. They decided to go shopping before hunting. Ichinose stuck his hand out for the approaching taxi. They both got in and sat in comfortable silence. Hana focused on the passing buildings and the trees whilst Ichinose was busy on his phone. After a while, the taxi stopped in front of a shopping centre.

They both got put after paying and headed towards one of the department stores. Hana looked around with a bright expression. She would have never been able to do this back in Urashina. Ichinose followed closely behind her. An agonizing hour passed for the reaper before Hana was done. She brought out her money and paid for the items, not before glaring at the other teen when he offered.

She quickly rushed to the changing room and changed into a black mid thigh skirt. She wore a pair of black thigh high socks and black thigh high boots. She was wearing a black short sleeved shirt that had the saying 'Eat Shit And Die' in red on it. Finally a black bomber jacket was placed on top.

When the duo left the store, a violent vibration came from the unwanted katana. Hana looked down at the sword with a shocked expression. It started dragging her towards the location of the demon, Ichinose running alongside her. "Oi, what's going on?" Ichinose asked, baffled. "I don't know!" Hana yelled just as confused. "It must mean a demon is nearby. This katana is so useful." Ichinose stated, a massive grin on his face. Hana looked bemused.

The katana stopped vibrating when they reached a red light district. Hana was uncomfortable with the location, Ichinose sharing the same feelings. A weird creature stood in front of them. It appeared to be chewing on something. The creature in question looked like a hybrid between a man and a dog. Its skin looked slimy and was a swamp green colour. Eyes were yellow with orange slits. Teeth were sharp and covered in blood.

It wasn't pretty to look at and Hana wasn't sure she wanted to fight it. But that wasn't a choice when the demon disappeared and reappeared in front of her. With barely enough time to draw out Kage, she opted to backflip a couple times. Creating a distance between them. She drew out the Katana and noticed just how black the blade was. However the bottom of the blade started to light up purple, and a purple dragon marking appeared.

"Cool!" Hana exclaimed. The demon charged forwards and Hana quickly blocked it's claw attack before swinging her sword and cutting it. The demon howled in agony and Hana took that moment to lunge forward and attack. However, she missed as the demon was too quick. The demon then jumped in the air and breathed out fire. Hana dodged, then started searching for Ichinose.

When she did find him, he was busy flirting with one of the prostitutes. She wanted to kill him right then and there.The demon was now gone, causing the teen to internally panic. "Call out my name." An eerie voice reached her ears. She turned around to see who was behind her. To her surprise, no one was. "Call out my name." She looked down at her sword and started to inspect it. "Are you talking to me?" She questioned the object. The demon appeared behind her and kicked. Making her fly into one of the nearby buildings. "Hana!" Ichinose yelled.

3