Chapter Four: A victory for Hana
18 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hana could barely keep her body standing as blood trickled down her forehead and arm. She knew she had broken something but was too angry to care. Her new favourite jacket was ripped and venom was bubbling through her veins. She didn't even know who to cut down first, the fetus looking demon or the stupid man who was busy flirting.

However, with her thinking too hard, she wasn't able to notice the speeding demon that was coming her way. It was too fast for her to block the attack, so she readies herself for the unavoidable impact. It never comes, instead a grinning Ichinose was standing blocking the attack with what looked like a red and black scythe. He was barely breaking a sweat and Hana was in awe.

"I'm not going to fight it. I'm only helping you for now, so hurry up and get ready to attack." He commanded. "Call out my name." That eerie voice reached Hana's ears once again . She looked down at her Katana and blankly stared at it.

"Kage." She whispered.

The sword then started vibrating, the hilt had shadowy strings coming out of it and latching onto Hana's arm like a leech. The entire blade was bow glowing purple. Ichinose was busy holding of the demon but could see what was happen, and oh boy was he excited.

The black snake markings covered her entire body, her eyes were now black with purple pupils. Her body felt light. "I'm going to leave the slimy bastard to you!" Ichinose yelled. Hana nodded her head before readying herself. The demon lunged forward at a vicious speed but Hana was much quicker. To this discovery, a massive grin broke into her face. Ichinose was leaning against one of the brothel walls with a proud smile on his face.

Her broken bones seemed to have healed causing her to replace the grin with a cocky smirk. "I'm going to take you down for sure." The demon charged and just as the shadow formed under the lamp post, something compelled the girl to stab it. So she did. The sword went through the shadow and the demon howled in agony as blood gushed out of its stomach. She repeatedly started to attack the shadow, wounding the dog-man over and over again.

The demon jumped away from it's hell and wailed. Blood was practically pouring out the thing. It started to regenerate, shocking both teens. Hana was quick to react and disappeared, reappearing behind the demon and bringing her glowing katana down with extreme force. With one final blow, she decapitated the demon and watched it as it slowly disappeared. A glowing token appeared before her with the numbers 1/100 written on it.

Hana yelled in happiness before collapsing. Her form started going back to normal as did the cursed blade. The injuries from earlier were now back. Ichinose ran over with the shopping bags. He lifted her piggy back style and started heading towards the city centre. "I'm hungry." Hana uncharacteristically whined. Ichinose let out a soft deep chuckle before telling her that they were going to eat.

Hana weakly lifted her jacket sleeve and noticed that the snake tattoos were only up to her wrist. So they retract everytime I kill a demon, " she happily thought to herself before her world turned dark.

3