Chapter Nine: The Festival
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of people cheering, singing and having a great time surrounded Kumigawa. The sky was dark, indicating that night had bestowed upon them. The sky was filled with different coloured and shaped fireworks. Kids were sitting on the roofs of stores and houses enjoying the view, dressed in the finest kimonos and yukatas.

The streets were filled with soba, ramen, gaming and souvenir carts. Each owner luring in people and selling them their items. A massive tank filled with koi fish was presented in the middle of the vibrant streets, lit up by the candles the local orphanage had created. The castle was in full sight for everyone. 

The Fujitoro family stared down at the people of Kumigawa fondly. Each of them were dressed in the finest kimonos. Made from materials only those with high status could obtain. Misaki was wearing a blue and pink coloured, silk furisode kimono with white lotus flower patterns over it. She wore a bright pink, long butterfly robe on top, bringing the whole look together. 

Her hair is filled with the finest gold accessories. Her eyelids were covered in a soft orange. Her cheeks smeared with a soft pink, and her lips remained a deep cherry colour. A red fan was opened and covering her face as she waved at the people, her eyes shutting, indicating a massive smile was on her face.

To her right stood Daichi. He was wearing a lime green male kimono with a blue robe on top. His swords strapped to his waist, his man bun still in place. The three young children wore brown matching kimonos. Each having a little sword strapped to their waist. Chiharu was wearing the same outfit as her mother. The only difference being hers was dark blue, light blue and white. Her katana was safely placed in her room.

"Soba! Soba! Soba!" Megumi, Osamu and Yui chanted. Eager smiles were on their faces, glowing stars appeared in their eyes, and they salivated from the mouth when they spotted the soba stand.

The servants escorted them down the street. People bowes and waved at them, and they quickly got their soba noodles, slurping it with a content look on their little faces. Chiharu excused herself from her parents and headed towards her room. It was a standard bedroom. A massive view of the cherry blossom and koi fish garden was right next to her large futon. Floral paintings were all over her room.

Her katana laid quietly on it's stand, patiently waiting for Chiharu to pick it up. She did. She safely strapped it to her waist, a small smile on her gentle face as she caressed the sheath. Hiroshi, who was wearing a red yukata, entered. "Lady Chiharu, everything's been prepared for your shadow dance." She grinned at Hiroshi. "Let's get the show starting then."

-------------

A massive spotlight drew the audience's attention to the middle of the stage. Musicians were all sitting at the back as Chiharu, who was now wearing a black and purple furisode kimono, took the centre. She was wearing a white fox mask. It covered half her face, leaving her cherry lips exposed to everyone. She took a deep breath, clutching her sword's hilt and exhaled. This was it. This was what she practiced the last five years for. 

Start

The sound of the shamisen playing passed through her eyes and around her body, wrapping it in strings and controlling her moves. She started dancing, enchanting the audience to form a circle around the stage. Her family watched from the balcony of their home. 

She held the sword between her two hands, and then began twirling. The audience were thoroughly in awe, her parents looked down with massive grins as her siblings cheered at the top of their lungs. The shamisen stopped and so did she. The sound of intense drumming sounds echoed across the city's centre. 

"Drown the world in darkness, I now call forth Kage." 

A massive burst of energy emitted from her katana, then a massive black circle was around her, spinning. Little sparks of electricity came out, shocking everyone with excitement as they continued to watch. She then twirled the hilt of the sword and stabbed into the ground. "Now come forth dancing shadow figures." She commanded. 

A bunch of black and dark purple shadowy figures started dancing. The people clapped in awe. 

"Now the real show begins."

~~~

The festival continued as normal. The children proceeded with stuffing their faces with food and the adults drinking their hearts away. Chiharu walked around greeting people and relishing in the praise she was being given. The dance had been successful but awfully taxing. A bowl of soba noodles and a drink would work wonders right about now.

"Ah Chiharu." A creepy, soft deep voice called out. She cringed, her eyes widening and her lips curling up in disgust. She turned around slowly, grimacing once her suspicions were confirmed. "Akimitsu." A 17 year old Akimitsu smiled at being acknowledged. He was wearing a black and white yukata with a crescent moon symbol on the bottom half. She wore a pair of light brown clogs, sockless. His hair was in a high ponytail, his bangs swept to one side.

"How are you doing?" He asked, his tone flippant and slimy. She opened her fan and covered her face, covering the grimacing expression that kept coming to her face. "Good." She replied curtly. She turned around and quickly walked away, not letting the serpent-like man get another word in. Boy, was this festival ruined for her. She could feel his strong glare on her katana, prompting her to hold it close. 'He's still after it.' She thought to herself, agitated.

You see...these two had been at it for 5 years now. After Kage was crafted by Shinsou Watanabe, a talented swordsmith and he infused with the shadow stone he possessed, the power the sword held was told all over the eastern kingdom. Then the news of it being gifted to then 12 year old Chiharu hit. Enemies from all corners from the kingdom had been coming after her. She was talented and strong, so those enemies did not stand a chance.

However, slimy slimy Akimitsu was one enemy that gave her the shivers and an enemy who was breathing down her neck. He never once asked for a duel, attacking her out of nowhere. But he seemed to just pop out of nowhere, look like he was planning something and just leave. That's it.

It made her feel so uneasy.

She turned around to see if he was still standing there and he wasn't. "Just what are you planning Akimitsu to do?"

0