Chapter Eleven: Obtaining Information
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 2056 (present day)

Hana walked alongside the river bank, staring at the water with empty eyes. She was drained. Physically and emotionally. She knew demons were a rare species, but barely being able to find any was throwing her off. It was Kumigawa. A population of 25 million people lived here, meaning more demons should be around. So why the hell were her markings all the way up to her neck? 

It's been a month since her arrival and she's managed to kill 60 demons. "That frown on your face will stay there permanently, y'know." She glared at the man who was now infront of her. A stupid grin plastered on his face. "Do you want to be pushed into the lake?" "No." "Then I suggest you stop talking." Her own lips curled up into a wicked grin, causing Ichinose to break out into cold sweat. 

"Anyways, we've got to talk about some serious things," Hana tilted her to the side, confused. "Firstly, we've got your eighteenth birthday coming up. Secondly, we've got the demon situation. Finally, the tall woman with the rifle is a part of this criminal organisation." They walked up to the bench that was by the lake and sat on it. 

"Her name is Clementine Toussaint. She's a member of Roulettes, a group of mixed assassins." Hana took her time taking in the information. Then she noticed the way Ichinose's face contorted into confusion. "However, there seems to be a problem. Her records state that she died in 1954, which was 102 years ago." 

"Ichinose, magic swords and demons exist. A ghost should not be that surprising to you." Hana started. "She's not that weird if you look at it." She continued softly. The reaper nodded his head agreeing with the swordsman. 

"What we need to find out is, what they need from us."

~~~~~~

Location: Kumigawa Underground. (Cho's Fighting Arena)

Loud music played through the purple and blue neon lit hall. A singular arena was dead in the middle surrounded by betting tables and poker tables. Old, young and middle aged men surrounded the tables. Dressed like gangsters you'd see in a movie, cigars were placed between their chapped lips and rotten teeth.

Ichinose walked in wearing a black silk shirt. Three buttons open to show off his chest. He then wore long black cotton pants that were flared at the bottom. A pair of smart shoes to tie the whole outfit. His hair was done and some of it fell forward. His wrist was decorated with the finest gold chains, so was his neck.

As he walked further into the arena hall, unpleasant and pleasant glances were thrown at him. He kept his composure. He knew what he was here for and that's what he needed to focus on. He walked a bit more before he stopped in front of a door. It was black, metal door with a golden tiger on the front. A large gold handle was present as well. He took a slow deep breath and opened it.

"Ah Ichinose. I've been expecting your arrival." A croaky old man's voice spoke. In the room was an ordinary office set up. A set up that told you, you were in the boss's territory. A group of twelve men divided into 6 stood at each side. Black suits, buzz cuts and sunglasses.

" Cho, it's been so long." The young tried to keep the atmosphere cheery. He knew what he was called here for. "The money Ichinose, where is it?" Ichinose placed the briefcase on the glass coffee table that was in front of the grand desk. "Here." One of the suited men went to reach it, however, Ichinose placed his summoned scythe down on it. 

"The information Cho, where is it?" Just as demanding as the old man. Cho stood up. He was a short old man in a full brown suit with a red undershirt. His grey shoulder length hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, some of it falling forward. He placed down the files, the word 'Roulette' placed right on the middle. 

"It's the 30k yenin you asked for, " A peace sign and a hearty smile offered from him. "Hopefully the information is worth 30k." He added. Cho opened the brief and smiled when saw the money was in place, stacked neatly. Ichinose grabbed the files and turned around. "By the way, make sure you keep safe Cho. These people have eyes everywhere." With one final warning, Ichinose walked out. 

Just as he got out of the arena and into the 3rd floor narrow corridor, filled with doors to rooms holding more of Cho's men, Cho started counting and inspecting the money. Ichinose picked up his speed as Cho's face contorted into one of confusion, shock and gradually, anger. 

"The fucking money is fake. IT'S FUCKING FAKE!" He boomed. He pressed the button to the speakers and spoke into the microphone, it could be heard all over the tower. "Ichinose 'The Reaper' has duped us, get him. The said boy rubbed his face in exasperation. He was too late. He stood at the end of the corridor watching as men started leaving the room with various weapons. Guns, daggers, machetes etc. 

They all started coming at him one by one. His scythe was too big for the corridor, so his resort was to use his hand to hand combat skills. A massive guy with a machete came at him swinging. He dodged it and kicked the guy in the stomach, making him kneel. He then dodged the dagger at attacks that started coming from the others. It was overwhelming, however, he was able to fight them one by one. 

A sudden dark circle appeared beneath his feet and he started sinking in it. "Oi oi oi oi oi, what the fuck is going on?" He stated, panicking severely as he started sinking in further. "Shadow Realm." From panic to ecstatic. "Hana. Oh god it's you Hana." After a bit of traveling in darkness he arrived outside of the building. 

Hana stood there with a deadpan look on her face. Her markings now back down to her wrist. She was in her pink matching set pajamas and a pair of flip flops. Her fringe had rollers in them and face was covered in a mask. Ichinose pulled the girl in a bone crushing hug. 

She patted his back before breaking away. She then turned to the building. Waving her arms around in a circular motion, two circles appeared below and on top. "Shadow realm, Infinite dimension." The building was engulfed, muffling the sounds of screams. It was gone in a second. 

Ichinose stood, his mouth open and eyes wide. "Ever since you've been able to hear kage, you've grown powerful." 

"Still doesn't make up for the lack of demons around. We've only got 13 more and we're done." Ichinose nodded his head. They both turned away from the building and started walking towards the nearest takeaway shop. 

 

0