Chapter 2: Bad news man, you’re dead
152 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Muhaha! I am free from Narrator Time out, but I now have to explain a character who isn't our extremely aweshome protagonist, and yes, I said aweshome.

As I have totally mentioned above, our character is being watched, by an undead, known simply as a wraith. Their soul deteriorates into a white colorless husk that hunts living spirits and loses its mortal name and mortal form. Living on the soul fragments that exist around the town, they are the vultures of the undead, hungering for the leftovers of Higher Undead spirits. They are extremely rare, and even this place can only support but a few at a time.

Well, you have to wonder, if you were a wraith, why a hundred soul fragments were restructured and live inside a single magically held together ash structure. These were pretty normal questions for anyone who could see the structure of the soul and wonder why the soul in question looks like the soul equivalent of Frankenstein's Monster.

Now all of this correlated into a morbid curiosity from the Wraith, Dubbing the strange soul Kenna, which means born of fire, It's ash body made it seem appropriate. It observed the ash soul as it stared at a corpse (which is why it thought of gender in the first place, although subconsciously) and looked at itself.

While the Ash soul observed its own body the Wraith examined the structure of its soul, in an almost jealous curiosity. How did this pile of ashes think about something as complicated as creating a soul, even it wasn't that smar-

The Wraith stopped its curious observation of the ash soul, there was no reason it couldn't be that smart, and it had every right to become that smart.

It went to an area rich in soul fragments and started collecting them without eating them, something that is very hard when you don't even have a stomach. Maybe it just hasn't tried hard enough to figure it out.

 


Hi the narrator here, but we'll leave this Wraith for its curious observations for later, It'll need quite a lot of soul fragments to create its full jigsaw puzzle. Now we'll observe some of the other effects that it created in another dungeon. Maybe we'll watch a group of adventurers that should have died to a reaper

The warrior grabbed at his right as the wight swung its sword down, grabbing it in time to deflect the strike before swinging his sword up to cut the creature's head off. He shoved the corpse off to the side before it could fall on top of him, before hearing rattling off to his side, he grabbed the corpse by the front of its shirt and threw it off to the right.

Right into his cleric companion who hadn't been expecting the attack from her companion. The cleric was immediately knocked down by the corpse, which was then pulled off by the warrior. The warrior offered his hand to the cleric while shaking his head in apology as he was too out of breath to talk.

"Kzzt..." was heard in the depths of the dungeon they were in, the 2 companions readied their weapons against the next enemy that would come. A skeletal hand grabbed onto the door frame in their view, which was pretty cool to see if you're just viewing it like I the narrator am, but that shit is scary! The hand was then followed by a cloaked figure with a scythe in its hand.

All the bravado the 2 companions turned into pure fear as they turned tail to run. The 2 ran back towards the door they had entered from before a gate slammed down to block their path. They turned around to see the reaper slowly walking towards the 2 companions, who closed their eyes in fear.

Although nothing happened, they opened their eyes to see a room filled with glowing blue strips of some larger creature, the reaper stood stock still as if it had seen a ghost. It turned slowly to look around itself at the strips...

before grabbing one out of the air, dropping its scythe, and immediately stuffing its face with the strips, which were the soul fragments, that were present.

The companions were rightfully dumbfounded, the enemy they had been afraid of turning into a tame animal that had been fed treats. The cleric nervously walked towards the reaper before grabbing the top of the hood that covered the reaper's skull. It did reveal a skull, but it also had an ethereal version of a young woman's head. The fighter nervously grabbed the scythe and moved it away from the reaper in fear of attack.

The cleric nervously patted the top of the reaper's head, which resulted in happy grunts from the reaper. The cleric was also rewarded with this message

You have tamed a reaper!
name it if you like!

Notice: Upon taming, it will gain normal mortal sustenance, but will still desire its original main source of food, souls.

The cleric stared at the message for a moment before fainting, the reaper glanced towards the cleric, but continued nibbling at the soul fragment. The fighter reasonably also panicked but conferred no problem, he also dragged the cleric out of the dungeon through the now open dungeon gate that had opened after their subjugation of the reaper.

How to train your reaper sounds pretty interesting, maybe I'll check in on them now and then.

This is a chapter from the narrator that explains the after-effects of the ash soul smashing the souls together, and the observed effects on the entire columbarium of souls. The effects are varied for different places, but it is going from the farthest reaches as all of the soul fragments become visible, to the smallest thing as a Wraith with a little bit of soul left.

5