Chapter 12 ** The Fate Of One And Another **
160 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two minutes into their trip back to the residence, Nathan heard someone running, he wondered if he should ignore it or not.

The running came faster and suddenly someone jumped into the carriage and fell to the floor.

Seeing her like this, so beautiful, yet…Seeing her hurt him, made him angry and sad…

Nathan didn’t know what to do…He didn’t help her and decided that he couldn’t look at her now. He looked out the window and wished his ears wouldn’t be listening out to what she was doing. Was she still on the floor? Was she hurt?

He couldn’t speak, afraid of yelling at her, he couldn’t look at her, afraid she’ll see his pain. So, the journey back home was silent and uncomfortable, then, once arriving home, Nathan left without a glance back at her and went straight to his room.

All this time, had she been with him? What had they done together? Why did she even come back?

Even though she did come back, and it did make a good change to Nathan’s thoughts, he somehow wished that she didn’t. If she hadn’t, he would have known then and there, that there was absolutely no future with her…That she’d probably just disappear, like the maid ‘Dupli’. It really scared him, this type of outcome...Her disappearing as suddenly as she had appeared, was always something that he had worried about...

Since she had come back, does that mean she will at least say goodbye? Or is it that she's staying for good now? That this other man wasn't anyone that will stay in her life?

Nathan ripped his formal clothes off in anger and then laid on his bed, depressed.

 

***

 

(Earlier)

When Nathan had walked out of the ballroom, Kaira had watched him leave, not happy that he wasn’t happy. He had been a huge help in her life, after she had run away. He was her very best friend, the one that made her smile, the one that had let her go at her own pace…

“Is he…Good to you?” Sebastian asked.

The moment of happiness, over her calling him her ‘other half’, seemed to vanish when she was watching Nathan.

Sebastian had always trusted Davina, always knew that she loved him the most, yet, right now…He was becoming insecure…

“Yes. Very good.” Kaira said, turning and looking at Sebastian. “He made me smile again.”

Sebastian sighed and felt terrible, he hadn’t been there for her!

Closing his eyes, he didn’t know what to do! His life was hers, but…Does she even want it? Will she ever forgive him and love him again?

Letting out a deep breath, Sebastian looked at the floor and said, “I know I’ve hurt you Davina, I know that!”

Shaking his head, he stopped…Suddenly he found himself angry! Dammit…So much was wrong!

Looking up at her, he was stunned because she was already looking back at him, then he realized he had anger in his eyes.

Sadly smiling at her, he said, “I can’t be close to you, but when I go far away, I just come back…What do you want me to do?”

 

Kaira hated seeing him like this, he was even that upset he was getting angry, that meant that she needed to do something. It’s not a nice sight, when her other half was angry…Why do you think there’s no power left in the countries?

He’s immortal, he could kill everyone, not in one go, but it’s not like they’ll hurt him…

He had sucked in a whole countries power once and used it on Kaira when they had first, the very first, time that they had met…Many, many centuries ago…

That was how she had inherited all the powers herself. She had already been a Growth Priest in that life but had not learnt any other power. They were at war, when they had first met, and since Sebastian had become an immortal from learning all four powers, he had gone power hungry. He was a devil, a monster…A rage filled murderer.

Herself, known as Davina, had to go against this immortal and yes it wasn’t pretty. It had been hard to survive against him, but she had escaped death three times and when he had finally killed her, he had done it with so much power that she had taken some within her, making her able to use all four powers as well.

They hadn’t known the real reason why he was an immortal and that she wasn’t, even though both of them had all four powers. But, the best idea they could come up with, was that they had done it differently and that was why they were different. It could be that she had taken three in at once and he hadn’t or that she had started with the growth power and he the fake power. Till this day, they don’t know the answer…

The phrase…We are each other, we are all of the powers.

Kaira took two steps towards him and put him into her embrace. She had not been just his greatest enemy…But now, in the recent centuries, she was his greatest love. Just like he was hers…

 

He would always be the one that knew her the best, just like she was the one that knew him the best. They learnt to love each other through their hate. And since their hatred had run so deep, entwined and completely scarred onto their hearts, their love had grown just as deep, filled with such happiness that it was nearly too much to bare!

Kaira put all her body against him, her arms around his waist tightly, and felt him do the same and sigh.

The reason why she continued to come back, after dying, had been because of him and the three powers he had given her…But, Kaira remembered now, the reason why she was able to handle so much and enjoy so much, was also because of him…

Kaira smiled warmly, like being in his arms seemed to be like a dream come true. His voice, from the phrase had soothed her, he had even helped her as a maid, when he was confused to whom she was…How could she continue to be mad at him?

Looking up, he was of course, already looking back down at her.

“Okay.”

“…Okay!?” Sebastian asked, with widened eyes.

“But, not right now. I have to…” Kaira was interrupted by Sebastian’s sudden run…

He picked her up and raced just like the wind and in a particular direction.

Kaira sighed, she had not finished talking!

 

Just a few seconds later, they were at their house, the one they had made fifty years ago.

In her prior life, this was where she had wanted to live.

Sebastian had cleaned the house a little bit, but it was still run down on the outside. But, on the inside there was a room, that was liveable, a little messy though, as Sebastian had spent quite an amount of time just lying there.

He pulled her into his embrace and making them sit down, while still hugging her.

“I was going to say that I’ll come here with you a little later.” Kaira mumbled.

“Why later?” Sebastian asked from the top of her shoulder.

“Because, I can’t just leave Nathan and his family, they are sweet. And…”

“And what?” Sebastian put his hand up her back, over her dress, so happy that she was real and not a dream.

“I want to purify the Princess.” Kaira said, not holding any secret back.

Holding her tighter and understanding her want, Sebastian hummed his reply.

“Then I will take you to both of them, then we can rebuild this house together, mmm?” Sebastian asked, pulling back his head and looking directly at her.

Kaira warmly smiled at him, “The Princess has my bracelet.”

Sebastian raised his eyebrows, “Mmm, that’s another thing that made me think she was you…How about, I go purify the Princess and get your bangle and you say goodbye to Nathan?”

…They both shook their heads, thinking of their loved one with someone of the opposite sex.

“I have to take the carriage back, Nathan is waiting for me, meet me at his estate and we’ll say good bye together, then we’ll go to the Princess together.”

Sebastian let out a happy smile, “Ok, anything you want!”

Then he claimed her mouth with his.

He had already gotten her consent…Her ‘Okay’…

But was he going to wait any longer!?

…He will take her back later!

 

Kaira had told him that he can’t rip the dress, so Sebastian took special care with it, then roamed his hands and mouth all over her exposed body. When she had said ‘Okay’, he was no longer a brother. He was now her lover and husband. He hadn’t expected this to happen so quickly. In her last life, she had made him wait until she was 22! But, that was the key word…That was the key to switch him from brother to husband. Well, it wasn’t just the word but how she said it as well…Defeated and excited…

She could now become completely his!

And since he was immortal, he was unable to produce children…

But, not her last life…Her life before that, she had come up with an idea that involved the powers of growth, coming into existence…

She had indeed made it happen that time, she had made him produce…And well, after some time, she had their first child together. It had been a very happy century together, his favourite. He really hoped she would do it again, but he left the decision completely up to her.

Otherwise, there was just no way he could reproduce. He was stuck here, and that was that…

Having crossed some strange line, a long, long time ago, he’d made a unique enemy that pressed every single button that he had. She was a bully and tease, an escape artist and powerful for a human. She had slowly unwrapped his inner heart and he’d totally fallen in love with her!

She hadn’t believed it at first, but he can’t and won’t regret having told her and waited for her to believe it…He had made her with his hate, then loved her completely…She was…His ultimate desire, his world!

 

The first time she had been reincarnated, she had attacked him at the age of 32 and the first thing that she had asked for, was her bracelet…

Sebastian had been wide eyed in shock to her sudden attack and knife to the throat…But upon her words, he could hardly believe it! Bracelet? What bracelet?

Yet, as he claimed to have no idea, he had a heart raising idea…Was it her!? Was it really the one that fought against me so much that I used all my powers so destructively on just one tiny person!

He remembered what he was like, after her ash particles had fallen to the ground, and couldn’t believe that he was deflated. She had been his greatest enemy, making him think and use his powers to extents that he’s never used them before. She had made him get angry and want to burst out in rage and she had slivered around like a snake!

But, upon seeing her ash and…Bracelet, he hadn’t been able to help but attach that bracelet to his belt and take it everywhere with him from then onwards.

Funnily enough, she had come by again, and Sebastian questioned and played with her to realize it really was her! So, they fought again, but he never burst out in anger as he had done the last time. But, that next time, he had accidently killed her instead…

After seeing her bracelet, he wasn’t deflated this time, he was more saddened…It was like his life was starting to mean less and less, even though he wasn’t as angry as he used to be.

She had done that to him, made him use his anger and drain himself from it, but now, she was gone again, and he hadn’t known she would return, as it was, it was great that she had come back once! Which was obviously unheard of…

On the third time of meeting her, it was exactly like the second, she had asked for her bracelet!

After that, Sebastian had slowly gotten to a point he wasn’t ever going to fight her again, letting her do whatever she wanted to him to lash out her anger as well. After all…He had killed her twice already…Who wouldn’t be angry about someone killing you and your family?

After about the sixth time of being reincarnated, they finally had their first conversation. Sebastian unknowingly felt an attachment to her, already in love, yet, Davina was more into questions about what was going on and why she kept coming back after death.

 

Finally, by the tenth time that she had reincarnated, and he had found her once again. Things seemed to go towards a more normal relationship as the other humans had, and they had finally gotten married. From there, he spent as much time with her as possible and found out she reincarnated once every one hundred years. Her first death was her anniversary and birth date every century. What Sebastian had to do, was find a way to find his beloved. At first it took him thirty years and it was too late. Since they were still on rocks at the beginning, she had even married another in one life. Then, he found out the day, realizing her birth date and would use that to find her, finding her by the age of fifteen, which gave them more time to be together, yet, it was still wasn’t enough for him!

In the end, the bracelet was indeed very special. To her, it helped contain her powers, to him, it helped him find her upon her birth.

This present life of hers…She was indeed, the real Princess of Eden…Which was why he was so dumbfounded upon seeing her the first time after he had lost her.

When she had been reborn, he had known where she was by using the bracelet with his inner force and the all of the powers and had stolen her from the crib. What he hadn’t known until recently, was that someone else had taken the spot of Princess after he had taken the real one.

He hadn’t cared who she was, or where she was from, he stole her because she was his beloved!

The only person that shared their life with him, the only person who knew him, the only person that loved him for himself and who he was…

Davina, from centuries ago, had made up rules, so that he would know that she truly would choose to move on with their relationship. Until she would say a word and the way it was said, he was not to go beyond being a brother...

 

Bringing her up from a baby, he was a father, then a brother and lastly a husband. Sometimes he would do everything himself, but lately he would get help, because it was just easier that way.

He was immortal, so his looks hardly changed, but the last person who was around them seemed to see it but still worked with him. She was also very helpful and really did love Davina, so he was only to glad that she was by their side.

On that day…That Davina had disappeared…He had seen his friend's body. She had been raped and then killed. Even though Davina had been his highest priority, he still felt sad for her death. He had never wished it and didn’t want to think of the near future without her. He also knew that Davina would be upset to see her gone, so he had wished he could have prevented all this from happening so that she had survived and mostly...So that he wouldn't have lost his most precious person...

Upon not being able to talk to their friend, because she was already dead, Sebastian had no idea what happened to Davina…All he knew, was that she wasn’t there…At their house.

He didn’t have her bracelet, so he couldn’t find her that way…It was…Back to the old way of looking for his beloved…

And now, back in the present, they were back in their house. Years had passed, yet, they had come to back here. Back to the place they both felt like they belonged…

 

Sebastian relished everything about her, not in the least wanting to let her go, yet, she said that they will be together again soon.

He took his time redressing her, kissing the body he just made love to and covered it up.

After they had one more hold of each other, Sebastian then took them back and Kiara was running after the carriage that just left. Sebastian didn’t go far, he wouldn’t anymore, he was going to be close to her now…

When Kiara walked into the house, she saw the maid, Genevieve, looking at her sadly. “Why is he angry?”

Kiara didn’t know how to answer her, instead patted her on the shoulder, “The time has come, that he realizes that I won’t be the main woman in his future.”

The maid gave Kiara a pained face, “I don’t like it when he’s upset.”

Kiara nodded, “Me either. But, soon, he will finally see you.”

Genevieve wasn’t sure if she could be happy about that just yet, she didn’t like that Nathan had to hurt, just so he could see her…

Taking her into a hug, Kiara said, “Thank you Genevieve, for everything. I really wish you happiness with Nathan. I probably won’t see for a while after today.”

With widened eyes, the maid looked at her, “Wha…Where are you going!?”

Smiling, Kiara said, “I’m going to happily live my life of course!”

The maid let out a small sob and hugged Kiara back.

 

Kiara left Genevieve and walked right into Nathan’s room. “Nathan!”

“Wh…What!” Nathan blinked, sat up on the bed and looked around sleepily. He had fallen asleep really quickly upon thinking sad, depressing thoughts…Being very late into the night helped as well, many people were sleeping now...

Kiara put a sheet over his body and then said, “I’m leaving, but I’ll come say hello when you’ve moved on.”

Nathan nearly stopped breathing to those words…

“Genevieve has been hoping you would see her. But she is shy and won’t come out. I hope you finally start seeing her.”

Nathan narrowed his eyes and tried to make sense of Kiara’s words. “Uh?”

But, Kiara instead leaned over him and kissed him on the cheek, “Thank you! So much! I will never forget you!”

“You lie!” Nathan spat out, still angry. How could she just leave! He wanted to fight for her!

Kiara turned, the moon light showing behind her, making her look exceptionally beautiful, “I will not always, you’re right. But every time I am reincarnated, I will remember after about ten or so years. But…This, you must keep it a secret!”

Nathan shook his head, unable to understand.

“Remember the name Genevieve, you’ll be surprised on how often you’ll see her!” Kiara stated, then jumped out of the window…Into the hands of Sebastian, who was waiting for her.

Nathan didn’t think for a moment, but then widened his eyes in terror, “Kiara!”

He raced to the window, that was also on the second floor and saw into the distance a man racing away in a very fast way, so fast that it was unbelievable!

Frowning, Nathan scratched his head…Was he perhaps dreaming?

 

Racing downstairs, he went outside to where he last saw Kiara from outside the window and saw nothing out there.

Instead, he saw a maid who was looking at the moon.

Frowning once again, he was just about to go back inside, when he saw the maid sigh and then start to walk towards him.

She hadn’t seen him yet, so he hid for a moment, seeing himself not dressed very well.

He watched and waited for the maid to disappear, so that he could go back inside the house but caught some of her words, that started to become clearer and clearer as she became closer…

“…Not be sad! What am I to do! I only had one friend!” She went silent for a moment, now passed the man who was hiding, “…I thought she wouldn’t just leave like that! I should have packed a bag for her or something…Aren’t we family? When is she…”

Nathan did a double take of the maid but still ended up back in his room shortly afterwards…

There was just something strange going on…What did she say again?

 

***

 

Upon leaving ‘Kaira’ behind and accepting her entire existence, the name ‘Davina’ was once again used.

It was a little strange for Davina, as she had been four types of people in her past…Davina, as a young, happy, stubborn child. Then Dupli, as a maid used as a duplicate for the Princess, whom had been treated very poorly…Then to Kaira, who grew to become the person she finally wanted to be, one that didn’t have nightmares about maids and assassinations. Now, back to Davina once again, life was taking a new turn with the person she held most dear in her heart. She was a different Davina now though, one that was still stubborn but now she was more mature and made sure that her life was full. Of course, she also wanted to be Davina because it was the name that Sebastian loved the most, even from centuries ago. His beloved Davina…

 

Davina and Sebastian purified the Princess and retrieved the long-lost bracelet.

On Davina’s want to find retribution, she also purified a few maids but ended the lives of two of them…Then they disappeared.

The Princess’s future could be seen as brighter now because she felt lighter in not just her thoughts but in experiences. She no longer wanted people to endure what she has had to, now she felt bad and guilty that she had done so previously and became determined to never do so again. Sadly though, after a few months of changing into this ‘purified’ person, she was killed by assassins.

The King of Eden had seen the change in the Princess but had made no attempt to protect her. His guilt to not protecting her and even wanting the assassination attempt to have worked years ago, made him realize how far apart his daughter was from him. They had rarely spent time together and it was just too late to mean words at a funeral for him, making him even more sad. Yet, his sadness couldn’t last long. His countrymen needed him, his Queen and his Prince…In time, Princess Regina was forgotten and even another Princess took her place and was much loved by not just her father but that of the people of Eden. Her life was not only taken from her from infancy, because she was put in place of the real Princess, but her life was full of extreme survival from assassination attempts…Was it that Sebastian had killed her future of an ordinary girl’s life, or the King for ignoring her? Did she feel better about her ending now? Or since she had been ‘purified’ did she no longer want death?

Nonetheless, her time had come to an end…

But…Lord Wiltsing’s residence ended up in disharmony after the sudden disappearance of Kiara...

Nathan had woken to find that the night before was real, and that Kiara was really gone. Sandra was upset, thinking that Nathan had made her run off. Lord Wiltsing himself even wanted to scold his son for Kiara’s disappearance but seeing Nathan so abnormal, it seemed useless to bother.

 

After a week, Nathan finally couldn’t take it and said that she was gone and that was it! Not only had he yelled this out, he claimed that he was going to another town to gain experience and started to pack.

He couldn’t be there anymore, already he had spent a few hours in Kiara’s room and felt loss and heartbreak threaten to make him want to cry. He didn’t want that, she was probably happy, and he wanted her to be happy!

But, he missed her so much that he had often found himself in a daze, so he had thought that he needed to get away.

Get away from all of the memories that they shared...And there were so many of them!

Outside, inside, in town, the neighbours, horse riding...In just eighteen or so months, memories could be found everywhere!

Having nearly forgotten all about what Kiara had said that night, except the fact that she had said goodbye, Nathan had tried to remember but couldn’t.

The next day he was leaving, and to his surprise, he found himself leaving with someone called ‘Genevieve’.

That name!

Finally meeting this Genevieve, he realized it was the same maid he had seen that night when Kiara had left. Upon looking at her, she looked down with a bowed head and got onto the carriage, where all his luggage was. He noticed she only had a small bag and she sat on the edge, where the maids usually sit.

What did Kiara say about Genevieve?

 

 

Nathan was true to his word, he went to the next town of Bullhore and stayed with the governor there to learn some new things. His work very much distracted him from thinking about Kiara and he was finally starting to see that this Genevieve, that had followed him here to help serve him, would watch him with innocent eyes.

Over quite a few weeks, he was seeing this and more and more and he realized that this maid must have been watching him for years.

She knew his favourite foods, drinks, books…What he did before sleep, what he liked to talk about and what his personality was like.

As time went on, he finally had his first conversation with her and realized that she was exactly like the ‘Dupli’ that had come all those years ago. Fair enough her life wasn’t as bad as Dupli’s, but she was innocently charming and was scared to do the wrong thing. After a while of feeling a strange feeling overwhelm him, it started to make sense that he found himself wanting to protect this person. Yes, just like he had wanted to protect Dupli, now he started to feel the same with Genevieve...

Just as his time in Bullhore came to a close, Nathan had finally taken Kiara’s advice and gone as far as kissing the maid, Genevieve.

One year, after he left the Wiltsing residence for Bullhore, Nathan returned with Genevieve, ready to give the relationship a chance. To a strange degree…He felt like his relationship with Kaira was actually one that led him to be with Genevieve. That perhaps…He had loved Kaira, but never truly fell in love with her. That perhaps, loving Kaira was closer to a brother’s type of love then he had originally thought. Seeing as it had taken months to for him to get intimacy out of Kaira, he had wanted to shorten that time with Genevieve by at least half! He wanted to touch her...

So, as the year had slowly gone by and he had slowly started to feel different about Genevieve, he finally realized this and had decided to move on.

What seemed to help tremendously, besides being able to accept a maid as a future partner, was that Genevieve seemed hopelessly devoted to him…And that devotion sneaked itself in like a fire melting his heart. The small things that he saw that Genevieve did, ended up becoming more and more heart felt and touching to him that he was unable to stop seeing these things now. She was becoming more and more beautiful and lovelier by the month, week and day…

1