Chapter 36 M15+
154 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Mahnu told Richard and William the story of Princess, they both interrupted, asking why she didn't talk and why Mahnu had felt different to Princess.

They turned silent at her answers, as they were sad, and she continued on so they wouldn't pity her…

They laughed when she told them about teaching Princess on how to clean, sew, fish and play an instrument, while without speaking. As she said these matters, Mahnu flew along with the story as though she had gone back in time.

Now that she thought about it and told others, it was actually embarrassing and funny…Back then though, she had thought it troublesome!

It had been so many years, but it looked like her view upon the world had changed since then. She didn’t even know that she used to be worse than she was now, with how stubborn she was!

 

Telling people about her past, made her realize this fact and Mahnu couldn’t help but get hurt by their laughter! She felt like it wasn’t funny enough to go red with laughter, when she had ‘stolen’ Princess’s husband, having him nearly fall down a tree.

Another time they had gone red, was when she didn’t think that pointing to an ingredient when cooking, could cause so much trouble!

Princess was to blame for this!

She took the wrong ingredient and dinner that night had been terrible!

How could she watch each and every movement she had done! And, on top of that, Princess had made what it was, just a few days earlier, yet she had already forgotten what ingredient was needed!

Then, Princess told her future husband that Mahnu was strange…In the past, Mahnu didn’t find herself strange at all and had wanted to speak of this but did not dare open her mouth for something so trivial!

What she saw though, was that conversation seemed to have given them something to break the ice and start a conversation!

It took a while, but after some time, Mahnu realized that she had done a great job! She had found the best husband and the reason they were able to start to get to know of one another, was because of her!

Pride filled her, remembering these memories, and Mahnu showed it in her speech…

 

When she had finished talking about Princess, they were quiet, William thinking that if that was a happy story, then how sad would a sad story be?

He finally saw that the story that was told was more based upon misunderstandings and bad reasons that landed upon survival and a forced relationship.

Fair enough, he learnt that in that time the relationships were a little different, but now, that he thought back to when he had laughed, he suddenly felt that compared to jokes and other funny stories…This one was sad…

A little girl not talking, she needing help to survive, being taught things by a stranger, who didn’t talk herself due to misfortunate circumstances…Nearly being taking away by thugs…

William took a breath and didn’t think that the history of Kralaide would be as sad. He was thinking that perhaps they had a golden age and the children where freer then they are today. More money, more happiness…But, suddenly, all his ideas seemed to go up in smoke!

…And it wasn’t just William that worried about Mahnu’s history…

The King was staring at her, having stopped his ‘busy’ work quite some time ago.

He smiled when he thought that they will make some beautiful, happy stories. Stories where Mahnu can bring true happiness to not only herself but to those who hear it!

Mahnu smiled at him but looked away, not daring to get her hopes up.

Talking about her past had made her a little emotional and tired, and as she looked out over the quietness of the town, she was sure it was really late into the night…

"I think that's enough for today, William." The King was very attuned to Mahnu, seeing her look out the window and her exhaustion, he did not want Mahnu to say any more of her stories.

William got up, nodding, and went to his post, his childlike behavior completely gone. He was no longer the smiling child on the edge of his seat, waiting impatiently to hear a story…It was more like all the air inside of him had been completely deflated…

 

 

The King took Mahnu into his arms and quietly said, "You look tired, my dear."

She rested against him, "I suppose I am."

She had been storytelling for well over an hour or two and she hadn’t really eating much or done any type of exercise, so she was a bit tired now.

He picked her up from where she had decided to sit a few hours ago and put her on the bed. "Rest"

The words in his head came to her, ‘Don't let her strain herself’.

The King leaned over her and kissed her on the forehead.

"Did another doctor come to see me while I slept?"

Then the doctors visit flashed into her mind.

She immediately saw the doctor diagnose her and Mahnu blinked to her surprise.

Was this another memory? Does this have to do with her?

As Mahnu herself came into her head, from Richard’s sight, she still couldn’t believe it!

She…Pregnant!?

She was a God and God’s don’t reproduce…

 

It was like another person’s story laid out to her in her head, and Mahnu could not take it realistically…

She didn’t know how to think or feel, thinking that perhaps…This ‘memory’ was instead a wish!

A wish that had practically died a very long time ago…

Knowing that she can’t reproduce, she never thought that a wish to once have a child had gone dormant, instead of completely disappearing…But…

How could it be!?

She…Does she even deserve to be a mother!?

The King sighed and looked at her, waiting for her reaction.

Mahnu blinked...What...

King Richard laid down next to her, pulling her into him. They were silent as she digested the news and she put her head deeper into his chest, looking like she was hiding…

Just moments ago, she had looked scared, yet Richard was smiling gently upon the little bunny that was hiding.

He knew that this would become a shock to her…He knew he should wait for her to take it all in…But…At the same time…He wanted to let her know how happy he was!

I didn't want to pressure you, Mahnu. The King was thinking. But as you can see, it's really happening, we are going to be a happy family.

"Are you sure?" She asked, her voice was muffled though because she was still hiding.

The King pulled back to look at her, "Yes, I was already so happy to be with you. But now, that my very own seed is growing inside of you, that makes me even happier!"

 

Mahnu didn’t understand…Why could a man be happy that he had impregnated a woman…

"You already have children." Was all Mahnu could state…As it was the second thing she thought of.

Having had a conversation with Richard about children before, back in Conrella, she remembered feeling like it was ok not to bare this man’s child…Because…He already had two…

The King hurriedly said, "Yes and I love them dearly. I won't ignore them Mahnu. I will teach everything I know to the Crowned Prince and watch the Princess grow to become a beautiful woman…But I won't stay a King forever and when I step down...I will live the rest of my life, away from the palace, with you and our children. That is why I haven't rushed to name you officially as my consort. I've been trying to work out what I want and what you want…But you may need to wait for a while...Will you wait for me?"

Mahnu nodded slowly, the news he said just now, and the previous news of her pregnancy had silenced her.

She still felt like she had just woken up, finding out that she had been a God and that she can read thoughts…Now it was just too much, as she was now also pregnant…

The King moved down and kissed her tummy.

He then looked back up at her sternly, "You will let me be happy about this, won't you?"

Mahnu sighed and shock her head in astonishment, "Do I have a choice?”

He smiled, "No!"

 

She stared at Richard, then put her head down in defeat. How could I not let him be happy? Truly, since I have met this man, he has always done whatever he pleased!

Putting her hand over her tummy, she wondered if she was happy.

I'm carrying a child, something that I've never done before in over a thousand years. It was yet, another thing that Richard has done for me.

New experiences, new feelings and most of the time, I wasn't getting pulled along, I would step into these experiences willingly.

…What is it to be a family? Do I want to find out? Do I want to do as I have done before and step into this willingly too?

With this man…

"Mahnu?"

She suddenly pulled him towards her, while leaning towards him and kissed him lightly. They fell back onto the bed and she continued to take the next kiss deeper. He put his arms around her and Mahnu decided that what mattered most, was that she loved this man, so deeply, and she was determined to stay beside him.

That this child, it was not just a child…It was something that her and Richard had made. It was just as much a part of her as it was a part of him. This child, was theirs…It was…Precious…

She pulled away and looked at him and he stared back at her.

His eyes were glowing, like they were shiny crystals. Her mouth was put into a relaxed smiled, making her completely defeated once again…He really was…Like no other that she had met before!

"I love you."

…Mahnu blinked…Did she just say that?

He was so surprised that he didn't move or speak, and she was exactly the same…

 

After a few seconds of silence overtaking the room, Mahnu finally got her strength back. Didn’t she just admit that she loved this man!?

Of course, she would tell him that she loved him!

Wasn’t this normal for someone who loved another?

As much as she tried to come up with reasons why she had blurted out ‘I love you’ to this man, she didn’t think too much of why it had suddenly popped out like that…

It was done…And she didn’t regret it…Especially when he looked so shocked and dedicated all his attention to her like this!

Inside…She felt like she had made herself proud but didn’t understand why…

She smiled at his shocked eyes and she went to kiss him again. As he responded to her, he held her closer, saying her name.

Being intimate with him was different this time. He was so gentle and treated her as a treasure, making her feel special. In fact, Mahnu came to a certain realization when it came to this man and how she felt…And that was, the ultimate thing he did for her…Was made her feel special.

The way that he thinks of her and how often. How he had climbed trees for her when no one else does. How he demanded her embrace and wanted her clean. How he had gotten her to talk and wanted her close by. Looking for her when she had disappeared and rushing to finish his work just to be with her longer.

Yes…She thought, this man makes me feel special…

 

He slowly made love to her and Mahnu felt like she had become one with him. She knew that a couple of times she had demanded this type of intimacy to forget, yet this time…This time she felt like both of them had connected through touch and feelings, through thoughts and wants.

…Connected in so many ways that Mahnu felt like this night, was the best night of her entire existence!

Nothing else seem to have mattered at that moment. There was no one else, they had no worries and their minds only thought of the other person.

Being with Richard, like this, made Mahnu wonder if she had found some kind of paradise.

Never in her existence had she felt so...Complete, so fulfilled in passion and happiness, that she never wanted it to end...And what made her even happier, was that Richard felt exactly the same way...

There was nothing more important...Then being with the other person in their arms…

 

***

4