Assaulting the Ice Fortress? Master’s Brilliant Tactics!!
675 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spoiler

We headed back to town. Master burst into the ice house and beat up the Liloi that gave us the wrong information. The whole time she pled for mercy, but master was strong and didn’t let up! Even though she looked like a child, he beat her face in so hard it was inside out! Wow, Liloi really were made of metal, huh? I wish she wouldn’t scream so much, though, it’s hurting my ears.

[collapse]

 

[Jesus Christ what the fuck what the fuck. Okay, this guy is just a straight-up sociopath. Goddamn. I… I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to keep editing this, honestly, just for the sake of my own mental health. I’m really sorry if chapters after this one take a big dip into being completely riddled with errors and disturbing and incomprehensible, but I’m not doing so well in real life and I think I just need to try to focus on getting better.]

 

Finally, she gave up the real location of the orb, and I followed master to go get it. Apparently, it was in a secret, reinforced ice fortress of the yeti! Neat!

 

When we got there, it was a huge, boxy structure covered in towers and icy spikes and arrow slits and it was all made of bricks of the same kind of magic ice as the labyrinth. Huh, I wonder if they constructed the whole labyrinth as a distraction? That would be wild!

 

The fortress had a huge set of double doors in the front. After trying to destroy them or burn through them for a bit, master seemed to have a realization.

 

“The layer of permafrost that underlies this fortress is not enchanted. A foolish and fatal oversight on their part, and one that we can exploit.”

 

Master is so smart!

 

He used his FIRE” and EARTH& magic to dig a tunnel through the icy ground so we could come up inside the fortress! Easy!

 

Then he used his FIRE” magic to melt the army of ice guys that rushed to attack us when we popped up!

 

We climbed a tower in the middle of the fortress and at the top of it was a huge ice statue of a guy holding the real orb! But when master took the orb from its hand, it came to life and started attacking us?!

 

“An ice golem,” master muttered intensely. “Crafted of the same unmeltable ice as this entire structure.”

 

Whatever you say, master! Wait… does that mean FIRE” won’t hurt it? Eek!

 

Master turned to me. “At last, I may have found a use for you, girl. Golems are beings whose bodies are forged from an element and then animated by filling them with SPIRIT^. IF you use your SPIRIT^ energy to force the SPIRIT^ from the golem, it will return to inert matter.”

 

I stared at master blankly. What did he just say?

 

He sighed. “Stupid girl. Attack the ice man with your spirit claws.”

 

Oh! That I understood! Silly master, why didn’t he just say that in the first place?

 

I used my claw magic on the golem. It worked great! Awesome! Goddess, did you see that? I was finally helpful to master! Surely now he would keep me around and wouldn’t sell me again!

 

[Again, seriously, what the fuck. Also, Estelle, why are you writing the main character as so dumb? You’re not dumb in real life, except in understanding social cues or how normal relationships work. Is this a fantasy of yours? Are you into bimbofication or something? I can understand wanting to just turn your brain off and rely on someone else to tell you what to do, but the way that’s implemented here just seems needlessly demeaning and Alto seems needlessly cruel about it. Anyway, this tears it. I’m out, bitches. Sorry, no more of  these editor notes to give you a brief respite from the sheer unabashed weirdness.]

9