The General of Wind
493 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once again, sorry the last chapter was so short, and if there were any typos! Emma still isn;t responding to anything I send :(, PWEASEEEE EMMA, you promised you’d edit the whole thing owo. although she did post this on her twitter? Idk what it means. cacacacacababaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaabbbcacacabaaaaaabaaaaaaaaacacabaaaaabaaaaaaaaacacbabazaaaabaabccacaabbaaaaababaaacbabaaccabaabccaaaaaabbaaaaababaeaaaaaaacaaaababaaeaaaaaabb

 

Upon ascending to the great tower’s seventh floor, I was surprised and puzzled by the sight that lay before me. Rather than a wide, circular chamber of dark stone, this floor seemed to stretch outward forever, and was composed of cottony white clouds bathed in the light of an invisible white sun. I saw my master stepping forward upon these clouds, searching for the seventh and final of the Demon Queen’s generals.

 

Tentatively, I stepped forward onto the clouds. I shrieked as the white fluff seemed to sink down beneath my foot, but it quickly stabilized and I fell silent, embarrassed by my own cowardice. I briefly wondered if my state of constant fear was master’s doing, to keep me dependent upon his protection and encouragement. It seemed the sort of manipulation I expected of the man, corrupting those around him to act subservient, needy, fearful, and dim. He did not want a person, but a pet. A lapdog, a lackey, was what I had been reduced to. And yet as much as I struggled within, I remained powerless to resist. Even now, the eternally bubbly, vapid voice threatened to retake my mind, as it had for so long. I hated myself for my weakness, as my body continued forward to simper in my master’s shadow.

 

He activated some manner of spell, using the elements of flame and wind. I began to wonder if they formed the element of light, enhancing his perception. Enlightenment, if you will. But then I felt the older familiar dull fog settle upon my brain, and suddenly I could not focus. I briefly, desperately grasped to reassemble my train of thought, before all slipped away and left only a void in its place.

 

Suddenly, a predatory grin spread across Alto’s face and his power-hungry eyes, and he snapped his fingers. A jet of flame erupted from the sea of clouds, and a brief scream rose up and then quickly fell silent.

 

The heavenly domain of sky and mist quickly faded away, revealing it to be no more than a convincing illusion. Once again, we found ourselves in an identical, black chamber.

 

Only one room remained: that of the Demon Queen herself. I shuddered, imagining what torments my master might wreak upon her, and hoping against hope that she might defeat him.

 

Once he was gone, maybe I would finally be free. Free to be the Lys that I wanted to be, to discover who I truly was without his malevolent interference. Through everything, though I despised what he had done to this body, I was still happy to be a girl. After long months and years of fantasizing, absorbing myself in fiction where a boy became a girl and then was happy, my initial arrival in this world had brought a stab of purest joy. Though all was quickly warped and perverted by the accursed Chosen Hero, I prayed that I might remain in this world after his passing, and live out a peaceful and dignified life as an ordinary woman.

 

I was suddenly shaken from my thoughts of past and future. “Come, stupid girl. Stop your cow-eyed daydreams,” master snapped as he started forward.

 

Full to the brim with hopes and dread, I followed my master once again up a twisting flight of steps.

7