Chapter 21: The Bridge City, O’Della
74 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

It's been three days since we left New Darwin City, and we should be approaching the boarder of the Nevermist in the Paganish Realm in at least a day. From what Louis explained to us, the Nevermist will be easy to spot because the entire boarder of the region is fenced by a mile high fence of thick mist. According to his journal and the limited recourses about the Paganish Realm, the magic in the land is so dense that it fluctuates time, space, and even memories of the people who visit there. However, the natives of the nation, fey creatures such as centaurs, dwarves, gnomes, elves, fairies, etc. are unaffected by the memory shifting principles because of the innate magic within them; even the Snowstriders are immune due to their similar natures. However, time is very wobbly, with no set standard for how time passes inside vs. outside.

"Do you think we'll be alright once we enter?" Rana asked me while I was driving.

"Louis said as long as we follow the compass on our way entering and exiting, we should return with as minimal dilation as possible." I eased her worried. "To be honest, I'm looking forward to it. On Earth, we have creatures like dwarves, elves, and hobbits in books and movies, but not in real life." Tolkien would be proud.

"I think we're approaching O'Dela very soon." Lanie notified us, looking our the window with a spyglass. "I see it on the horizon."

My second wife was correct, just a few minutes later I could see our destination. The Bridge Nation, O'Dela; an entire country built on a colossal bridge that's a mile wide and stretches for 500 miles. When I researched it for our trip, I learned it was built through the combined efforts of thousands of slaves, convicts, and immigrants over a span of nine hundred years; the bridge was built across a large canyon and a desert with some piers being 2 miles deep and as thick as the diameter of Ranger's Stadium; there are entire cities built along the bridge, and numerous lower class areas bellow the surface between the beams. It was an impressive structure, and in no time, we would be crossing into O'Dela.

[O'Dela Gate]

The entrance wasn't busy; due to the location of the country, people hardly ever entered or left the O'Dela.

I pulled up to the large wooden gates and a guard approached us. "What is your business here?" He asked, authoritatively.

"We come here wishing to enter the Nevermist." I told him, my head out the window.

He comes in closure and looks at our convoy. "Strange vehicles you have. Never the less, I will need proof of identity to allow you all to enter." We all handed him our IDs, after looking them over they were returned. "Very well. All clear!" He called out to another guard at the top of the gate tower. "Enjoy your time in O'Dela. Have a wonderful day." He gifted me a map.

Crossing into the bridge nation, I was amazed by how magical it was; it was really a mile in width, and the buildings were all well maintained and there were people everywhere. As we continued down the road, we took sight of rows and rows of houses, stores, schools, etc. all bustling with people. It was getting dark, and from the map the guards gave us, we already crossed a good distance into the country; exhausted, and because it may be our last chance to do so, our group decided to spend the night in an inn. Lanie asked a vendor about a good inn, and gave us directions to a place with enough parking for our RVs called the 'Blue Vine Inn'.

I lead us inside; the décor reminded me of hunting lodge, but there was no sign of animal pelts or trophies.

"How may I help you?" The lady handling the front desk was different from the races I've seen so far; a centaur, she had a human body above her waist but below looked like the torso and legs of a deer. As I got a better look at her, she also have deer ears and big eyes.

"Hello, me and my group would like to stay the night." I began. "We will be needing... four rooms, I think. One single, two twin, and one double, please."

She checked the hotel log book. "Seems good; a single bed, two twin bedrooms, and one double, breakfast and dinner is included for each guest. All together, that will be 142 mik."

The price was steeper than I hoped, but with so many people traveling at once, you needed to be adaptable. Paying for the rooms, I gave everyone their keys and we departed. Cavadier and Jo-se would get a twin room, along with Ra'sh and Louis, Tuca got the single alone, leaving Lanie, Rana, and I with the double. After a simple dinner and getting washed of from travel, me and my wives decided to "destress".


"~Uh." I sweating like a pig while I moaned, trusting hard Rana grabbed my shoulders. Right beside us, Lanie kissed me passionately as she enjoyed the after glow. "Ah, I think I'm going to fire again."

Rana clamped her legs around my waist. "Let it out, my strong man needs to unwind."

Ejaculating deep inside her, poking into her womb, I felt the stress melt away as I resumed kissing Lanie while Rana orgasmed. Having two wives took a lot of effort, but these two are worth any challenge.

"You are amazing." Rana cooed in my ear from behind as she hugged me.

"He really is." Lanie agreed, grabbing my front. "Just wondering... Rana, are you expecting?"

That woke me up. "What are you talking about?"

"We go at it like pigs in heat." Lanie teased. "Children born between human and beastfolk isn't as common as same race conceptions, but it is possible."

Rana played along with her. "Are you nervous, Aiden? Who knows, we might be expecting a little miracle soon." Giggling, she pressed her face against mine.

Lanie placed my hand on her stomach. "~Ooh, I think I can feel the product of our love taking shape." She laughed with my first wife.

I laughed along. "You two are hilarious." I said drily. "Let's get some sleep." I rested my head, but was unable to fall asleep like the other two. My thoughts filled with uncertainty about our mission, I stood up and went to the window for some air. Looking into the dead night, I saw a faint light moving around the RVs. "What the..." I whispered.

Putting on some pants, my Snowstrider bomber jacket and boots, and Shaka in bracelet form, I ran out the door and down the halls to the parking lot. Approaching carefully, I saw the light look around inside Lost Fang's RV; bursting through the door, I saw the origin of the light to be an incredibly short creature.

"Stop!" I screamed, but then they ducked and past through my legs. Troubled that they might have stolen something, I chased after them.

Whoever they were, they were very fast and agile, but by augmenting my body with lightning magic, I was able to keep a steady pace with them. I may have been able to out run them, but they were cleaver enough to duck through openings in fences and buildings that I couldn't fit; however, with my magic sense, I was always able to find them. After chasing them for a long distance from the hotel, I saw them turn down alley without them seeing me.

If I catch them off guard, I might grab 'em. I thought to myself.

Resting in the alley, they pulled down their hood to reveal a small human with curly, brown hair, stubble, and a big nose. He was about 3ft tall, I might have mistook him for a little person but his body looked in correct proportions; he kind of reminded me of Bilbo Baggins.

The mystery man had his guard lowered; seizing my chance, I sprinted towards him and pinned his face against the wall with his arm pulled around his back. "Ow! Damn!" He winced in pain.

"Who are you and why were you in the RV?" I asked him, firm and angry.

"Argh what?" He asked. "Look, I'm sorry I broke into that strange vehicle. I just thought that carriages like that would have something valuable on the black market." He tried to defend himself. "You can ruff me up a bit if you want, but please don't get the authorities involved."

I was ready to take him up on his offer, but I felt something odd about his statement. "What do you mean, 'carriages like that'? Have you seen vehicles like those before?"

"Uh, yeah, carriages that don't use horses and run on things called 'engines'. I saw them a lot in... wait, are you not from there?" He tried to turn and look at me.

"From wh-" Before I could finish talking I felt a robe tie around my body. Trying to break free, three more lassos restrained my body and arms. "What's is this!?"

The thief looked in terror. "No, no, no, NO!" He tried to run away, but a larger, hooded figure restrained him.

To my horror, the people restraining me slowly creeped out of the shadows from under the bridge, on the roof tops, and from the alleyway entrances. Scared, I tried to use magic but the ropes constricted tighter, making me fall to my knees.

"Who... who are you?" I asked around, weakly as breathing was difficult.

Slowly approaching me, a figure removed his hood, revealing an ivory skinned man with long, light green hair, green eyes, a thin nose, and long, pointed ears. "You don't need to concern yourself with that." He answered in a frank, almost condescending tone. "Soon everything before now won't matter. The seal." He called to another guy who gave him some kind of gold seal stamp.

This... elf, pressed the stamp against my by bare chest over the my right pec. It glowed, and I felt a searing pain on the spot stamped; weak, I began to lose consciousness, but I managed to hear this man speak something before that.

"Get the halfling. It may be of some worth, but this one is defiantly a catch." I heard the elf man, about to blackout. "And hurry, we need to get them to the Nevermist fast, the Colosseum doesn't like tardiness."

 

 

2