Chapter 3: The names
92 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hanging up I plan for the setup of my shop. I wanted the setup to be like how you would find in a psychiatric office, I also need to buy some props to add some mystery. Luckily though I already have two comfy club chairs back at my old apartment that I had yet to get. It was a gift from my uncle and since it was too far to bring to the countryside I just left it there. It was a bit worn out but its okay.

Next I plan to buy some curtains, maybe even a crystal ball, some masks, just something to add mystery to it.

The only problem I will have is the place to sleep. I cut off my contract back at my old apartment cause I don't plan to stay there. Its a bit far if I choose to go back there as well, adding to the fact that I will only have a bit of money left if I did rent a separate apartment. Judging from the apartment I plan to rent for my shop its a bit big so it might be possible to have a sleeping area but that seems a bit pathetic.

Maybe I do need to go to the casino after all? I went to a friend place to wait for 1:oopm to come.

Time passed and it was 1:00pm

I got there and saw an old man about 50s with his gray hair and beard, even then he still looks healthy by the way he poses himself.
I approached him and said.

"Hello~ are you the landlord?"

"Oh are you the one renting? My names Gilbert. Which one do you one to rent?"

"My names Oliver, I want that one" I point at the last apartment on the right

"Sure come"

And so we explored it, the front has a large window that can easily see through the inside. Judging by the size of the space it was probably about 20square meter, a bit cramped. It was fairly empty with a few Monoblock's stack at the side but it was clean, there's a toilet at the end, and I didn't notice it before but there was a door to the right side of the apartment. Seeing that I think its possible to do business here while living here as well. The front door can be used for business purposes and the right door can be used for my personal stuff.

I was satisfied by it decided to finally rent this.

"What business will you be doing anyway? I tell you don't believe what you hear that business is easy, business is like the jungle, you always start as a prey with predators just lurking around nearby"

Hearing what Gilbert said I chuckle and said

"Something unique, I wanted to do things I'm not usually used to, If you're curious visit my shop when it opens"

"My, a young spirit that's not afraid to try something new, young ones should be like that, watch your expenses though cause sometimes you'll find out the stress is greater than the joy"

After that gilbert left. Seeing this place I was excited like a kid who got his first ps4, I first went to get some business permits for it, it was a bit of a hassle but after getting an obscure and weird look from the stuff there I finally got one. I went to grab my stuff back at my old apartment. A folding bed, two club chairs, an ottoman, an ergonomic chair, guitar and other stuff.

After that I went and bought some masks for me to use, I could have just ordered online for something more exquisite but cause of my excitement to start as soon as possible I just bought mask locally with weird designs. 

After that some small bottle with bones in it, horns, a glove, dreamcatcher, some lights and a red curtain. I didn't buy a magic ball for the conjuring of powers though or tarot cards, I will mainly show how my powers works to the costumer just buy reading them within a distance and another through touching. I will act like a psychiatrist here to receive his patient. But thinking about it, A psychic needs an item to perform his powers so, if I suddenly read a customers mind without doing anything it'll look weird and suspicious, but if I use tarot cards I have to study it which I'm to lazy to do, if its a crystal ball then it will be better for it to glow but still its not satisfactory. I want it to be unique. In the end I settled for a mirror the size of a head as a reflection to one self and.... the thing I got from my nephew, a magic eight ball. It was broken though so words no longer appear and the 8 on its back has been scratched away so it only looks like a black ball. I can use it as a mysterious item that can read minds. Anyway, psychic is already weird from the start so it doesn't matter if something is different that commonly used items. I wanted to buy a pet as well and "train" it but what I wanted was pretty expensive so I'll hold it off for now.

It was nearly night when I finished putting all the stuff in the shop. Arranging them took a while, a bit over half the shop is for business and the other is for his quarters. I used the red curtain to cover it up as well as the other sides, now the room looks like a redroom with only the ceiling, floor and the front window that's not red, I also arranged the chairs and coffee table.

The arrangement is this, to the edge of the business area is a my ergonomic chair and desk table after that two club chairs left and right and a small coffee table in the middle, the ottoman is on the right of the front door, as for the monoblocs I just placed them in my quarters. When I'm only giving a small service I can just sit on the ergonomic chair and if its something deep and I'll use the club chair. Because of how small my living quarter is my folding bed is basically a bit near the toilet. I didn't like to color of the chairs, it seems to not match the red curtain so I cut some extra curtain and spend all night to cover the chair with it. By the time I was done it was nearly 10:00pm.

Looking at my shop, I was satisfied, as I studied architecture I know about interior designing so seeing this it gives out a classy mysterious feeling.

I think I need to buy some curtain to cover the front window as well, the sunlight will erase the mysteriousness of this place.  That can be handled tomorrow, now the only thing left to is to name the shop and come up with my own pseudo name.

I wanted to name myself as the seer or Mr. Seer but I can only see the past and not the future so I denied it.
Thinking more I decided my pseudo name shall be Morpheus! the Greek god who wanders through dreams of mortal man, there's others like Hypnos that handles the mind as well but that seems like a very dubious name. And for the name of the shop... I decided its name shall be

Pandora's Mind.

4