Chapter 10: At the same time
59 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's a mess. Reading Nathans thoughts I knew he came here alone cause he wanted to scout this place first and possibly warn me of any illegal things I'm doing before both him and his wife comes this afternoon but reading the thoughts of the person at the door, Claire actually knew what his husband was up to. 

So she followed him and came here. 

I was lost in thoughts forgetting to open the door for Claire instead it was her husband that did so.

"Honey what are you doing here?" Nathan said confused and embarrassed.

"I should be the one that ask that" Claire just said simply.

Nathan smiled wryly.

"How did you know?"

"We've been together for six years you think I wouldn't know what you were thinking?" 

Nathan smiled wryly that he had been found out.

"I just wanted to know if something shady happened to you" He said with concern.

Instead of answering, Claire Looked at me and smiled gently with eyes that was filled with hope and amazement.

"I apologize for suddenly intruding your reading mr..? I never got your name"

"You can call me Morpheus." I said. She's thinking about the Morpheus in mythology. I caught a glimpse of her life by doing the deep dive so I knew that when she was young she loved mythologies. Actually I also caught glimpses of things I shouldn't have seen. 

I lightly cough but not enough to be heard. 

"Mr. Morpheus, I didn't get to thank you for yesterday. "

"I just did what you asked of me and you paid for it" I wave my hand and said.

Then just as Nathan was about to speak his mind, 

"Mr. Morpheus.. can you let my husband meet with our daughter again as well?"

Before I could say anything her husband chimed in saying..

"Honey you don't need to believe him. I just asked him to let me experience it but he denied so what you experience yesterday was probably cause of something else"

I closed my mouth hearing that. Seeing this, I decided I really should increase the price of the third reading, it'll prevent those who are only curios and just wanted to try. For those that are willing to pay for the third reading these people are either desperate or they believe such things in the first place.

I was thinking while Claire and her husband was talking. Eventually Claire turned to me and said.

"Mr. Morpheus its okay, my husband is stronger than that so please allow him to meet our daughter once again... Actually can you let my me and my husband both meet our daughter at the same time?" She said with a bit of longing of making her family whole again.

Nathan just crossed his arms and said nothing. They must have come to some form agreement. 

Actually that was a good question. Can I connect the minds of two people at the same time and let them experience memories together?

I was eager to find out. I never tried this before, heck I had only officially confirmed that I can manipulate someone's mind yesterday so there is still a lot of things I don't know about what my power can do. 

Still I take caution, I bleed yesterday just using it on one person so I expect the toll to be at least double as well. But I really wanted to try it. 

So after thinking for a while, I agreed. 

"It.. might be possible" I said so. I didn't want to use my powers on the husband as I wanted for only one of them to believe me but I was worried he'd really report me to the authorities. How should I then explain to the authorities how I managed to let Claire experience all that without using my powers on them? But if I did use my powers on them my façade will become a fact and if I don't then they can easily think that I used some sort of drug that incites hallucinations or something. In short, I'd be screwed.

"Really?! Then please do it, I want for us to be a family again even for a short moment" 

"But I can't do it today." 

Her husband grumbled. I didn't hear it clearly but he seems to be thinking that I was just delaying it and coming up with excuses to deny it.

"I can do it tomorrow however since tomorrow is Saturday and we are doing a special reading the cost is higher" I continue saying.

"Of course, I don't care how much it is just as long as you can do it." Claire answered. 

So after that we talked on what time tomorrow will we do the reading and agreed at 9:30am.  I didn't say how much I will be asking and they didn't ask. I was a bit embarrassed to say it. Still for someone who owns four restaurants and a hotel, it'll only be a small amount to them.

They left after that with Nathan giving me the suspicious eyes before leaving.

I shrugged seeing that. After that, nothing eventful happened during the entire day, I did receive three customer who asked for the first reading, they left satisfied, amazed, and wondering how I managed to read their minds. Floyd came in the afternoon and asked for the second reading. 

I felt a bit guilty for the second reading as what I'm doing isn't really taking a glimpse of the future. 

He asked me that he wanted to apply in a telecommunications media in the city and asked me if he will be hired and become successful. I judged him through his past actions and just gave my speculations. He graduated high school but not college so I said there's a high chance that he wont get hired if doesn't do well enough. I noticed that he was a bit hot headed when it comes to personal stuff and that he was a bit clumsy in planning.  I warned him that if he didn't change he'll fail. I also said the if he fix he's shortcomings then success is just right around the corner. I didn't gave him a concrete answer but a general one. Horoscopes do that as well.

He seem to kept it in mind though. Then again what I said about his character is true so by mixing some truth, lies and speculation I can come up with the most reasonable answer.

When it was 4:30 I decided to close the shop and call it a day as I have something to do at 5:00pm. Today, I got three customers who asked for the first reading and Floyd who ask for the second reading earning me a total of 875 zelo. Not bad. 

I check my phone. My friend already chatted where to meet so after some time I headed there and saw them. 

"Hey, the others are not here yet?" I questioned but I saw someone that's here already causing me a bit of surprise.

"Arthur? You're already here? Is the world ending? How are you here so early?" I said jokingly to Arthur who is known for always being late. 

Before Arthur could speak in his defense. 

"Its because he wanted to escape his girlfriend's nagging that he made an excuse that he urgently needs to be here at exactly 5:00pm"

Blake said while nudging Arthur. Arthur just smiled wryly and said.

"Not true, Its just I missed you guys so much that I came early" We laughed hearing that. We were still two short people away so we waited for them and chatted. Finally we were complete and talked about where to eat.

 

4