Chapter 13: All the way.
76 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laugher and chattering rang out in the casino. After my first winning, the game continued on because poker is a bit of a fast paced game eventually we played a lot of games in only half an hour, some of the old players where replaced by new ones like the blonde girl and the guy with the loose tie  meanwhile the the guy with the pandora and the guy across from me kept playing. 

I didn't have any expression on my face as I tried to appear as emotionless as possible but inside I was celebrating, a bit over half an hour has passed and during that time I won a total of 5,325 zelo! I only brought 4000 zelo now I have a bit over 9,000 zelo! Indeed with my powers poker is the fastest way to earn money.

"ohhh! Nice man get em!"

"Hell yah someone's treating us to fancy dinner tonight!"

"I'm already thinking what I would eat hehe"

"You look like a boss right now man, the only things missing are some chicks by your side"

My friends were celebrating behind me. I was a bit embarrassed. Checking the time, I decided to end my poker dominance early as I didn't want my friends to just watch me play the entire night. if I was alone I would have continue on. Nevertheless this was a great night. So I folded from the game and backed out. 

The guy with the pandora was eyeing me as I was backing out. He's thinking that I got him good. I paid it no heed and went to my friends.

"What the hell? you stopped? You should continue playing!"

"Indeed luck is on you tonight we don't wanna waste it."

"Hey man lets go to a fancy restaurant right now to celebrate"

"That girl has been eyeing you since you've been winning want me to get her for you?"

I laughed hearing them, especially Arthur what's up with you and woman?

"It's fine I was slowly feeling that my luck was running out so I back out"

With that reasoning we walk out of the casino and continued on with our business. 

Thinking of the money I earned today a part of me wanted to go to the casino everyday, am I already developing addiction? thinking of how much money I can make each night.... is this what makes people addicted to gambling? Because its easy money? Of course you need luck but still it was exhilarating. 

Shaking my head I thought that I should restrain and discipline myself. I can't get addicted to gambling, then again it be weird if I go there everyday and win a lot everyday. Thinking for a moment I decided to go to the casino only once a week. 

With the money I can earn through gambling and being a physic I realized I can now rent another apartment for me to live in as my business area was a bit cramped and living there was a bit a pathetic. Maybe I really should have gone to casino first before renting the place? 

The night deepened and we continued to drink all night, finally at about 12am we separated and went home. My head was only bit dizzy as I tried not to drink too much cause of something important tomorrow.

I went home, well to my living area and slept soundly.


"Here we are" I said to my wife Claire. I turn to her and she just nodded with an expression like when she first met my parents. Having expectation for a better future. Or is it when the time when she held our daughter? 

We walk out of the car and went to the shop. I agreed to my wife that I'd at least try this one time so I followed her with no objections. Last night I was researching what type of drug that guy used to make my wife experience that. 

They were similar drugs according to my wife description but it was still a bit different. I don't how this guy did it but it doesn't matter i'm gonna find out today. If he comes up with an excuse like he can't do it today Ill screw him. 

I smirked thinking of that and because my wife is a bit ahead of me she couldn't see my expression.

Then we reached the door and before my wife can knock a voice came from the inside.

"Come in"

It was a calm voice leading me to believe that he maybe up to something instead of delaying and making excuses. We went in and saw him sitting in the middle with an ergonomic chair and two club chair just in between. This place is small so seeing it looks a bit cramped.

"Sit down" He said so simply while gesturing to the chairs next to him, he was still wearing the same mask. We complied while I was wondering what his gonna do next.

"Good morning Mr. Morpheus" My wife said so politely. I didn't greet him and just stared at him wondering how his gonna fool me. We sat down and before my wife could say anything else. He directly said.

"15,000 zelo. Since it is a special reading and it is not on business day" Hearing that I couldn't keep quit.

"15,000! You crazy?" I said so without any politeness. Of course 15,000k isn't really a lot to us but to ask for that price for this phony thing. Psychics sure are outrageous.

My wife looked at me with glaring eyes when I said that. I shrink feeling her gaze.

"Mr. Morpheus I apologize for my husbands rude words. We will pay" My wife said so immediately. I wanted to complain but seeing her look I hold it down.

"It's okay if things doesn't go as you want I will refund you the money. I admit I never done it to two people at the same time so some mistake might happen or I might not be able to do it" Hearing this at least his willing to refund if were not satisfied. I calm down after that. 

"I trust you Mr. Morpheus" Well I don't I said so internally.

"Then lets begin" He stood up as he said that. Wondering what hes gonna do I saw him closing the curtains on the window and locking the door.

I put my guard up seeing that. Is he gonna do something bad? I wonder. Then he did something with the lights causing it to flicker. It was a bit dark when the curtains covered the window so with the flickering lights it gave off something like the urgent feeling like when you're waiting outside in the ER.

"I assume you told your husband about what to keep in mind ma'am" I saw my wife expression seemingly turning downcast when she heard that. I know what this phony is talking about, my wife told me everything.

"Yes, I did."

"Well I'm gonna repeat it. Before everything else I want you both to chose a memory where you three are there and only you three are there. Preferable with less complicated situations"

My wife and I looked at each other when he said that. We discussed this last night that this guy might ask us to remember situations where it was just the three of us so we already know what it was. My wife nodded hearing that.

Then he gave his a mirror just like what my wife said.

"Look at your reflection while remembering after that once we get started you must keep your emotions and memories in check although this might be hard but please be calm and control yourself" 

"And finally no matter what you saw and felt, remember it's all just a memory, its all in the past, never forget that you live in the present"

I'm really curios how is he gonna do it. Still I try to remember the moment when we were still a complete family. He hold up his sleeves and sit down once again.

"You could close your eyes to remember better but keep the mirror in front of your face."

Then he said the last words before it began

"May I?" He said so while gesturing that he wants to touch us. Even though my eyes is on the mirror I try to focus on his side to see if does something. We nodded hearing that, before his hand touch our wrist I saw my wife on the corner of my eyes taking a deep breath and when I felt the touch of his hand not long after my vision went blank.

 

 

4