Chapter 14: Questions
68 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't let your mind wander and remember" I said to Nathan who seems lost in his thoughts that his mind was a bit messy.

Touching them at the same time I confirmed that I can access two minds at the same time. Now curious if I'm able to connect the two

minds. Nathan then did as I said, remembering the memory. It was still the same on the balcony with the three of them together.

Then I tried to connect their minds but.... nothing happens. It's like there is an impregnable wall between them not allowing for their minds to connect. I was a bit stumped but I already had an idea what to do.

I tried to connect their minds directly which felt like there's a giant wall separating them so this time I tried to connect their minds through me. An example of this is the two minds are like rivers and there's a giant wall separating them, so for both of them to connect I open my mind to them so that their river can flow through me and connect with me as the center.

Since I can put my consciousness in their minds I expect I can let them do it to me as well. So I stretch their consciousness into my mind. I was a bit worried that they'd get inside my head and read my thoughts that was why I was being very careful doing this.

Carefully I brought their consciousness into mind and moments later it worked! I just Isolated my mind and place them into an empty space of my consciousness. Although they are still just a lump of consciousness at least it is possible to connect their mind through me.

I wonder what will happen if I suddenly cut off my connection to their minds while part of their consciousness is still on me? Or if I stretch my consciousness to other people and cut it, will I transfer bodies? If so then that's very scary and powerful considering if I can transfer my mind to anyone I can basically become immortal. Oppss I've stray too much that I nearly lost control over Nathan and Claire's consciousness. I'll think about that later.

Nathan is confused right now but Claire seems pretty calm. Then the next step is forming the environment. Luckily they are still thinking of it so I easily form the environment.. is what I thought but stretching that memory unto me is quite a hurdle. I can feel it took more toll than when I did it to Claire.

It took a few moments before an illusory place was slowing reconstructing itself. Both Nathan and Claire are seeing this. Claire particularly suddenly seem got emotional but calmed herself down.

Recreating the place was also a bit slower than when I did it to Claire. When Claire first experienced seeing her daughter she got so emotional that the entire balcony that was formed through memories nearly broke down.

So I expect both of them to have unstable minds once they both see their daughter well, maybe just Nathan cause she already experienced it once.

Finally, the place was done. It wasn't perfect but it was nearly acceptable as for the sky and the sunset that is a bit far from the core place they were a bit blurry. I could make them clear as well but I think that's unnecessary.

Then I now formed their bodies. I first did it to Claire as I already did it to her once. I took her conscious attached it to her while I slowly form her body and not long after she "awakened" her eyes.

Then I went to Nathan and did the same thankfully it wasn't that hard. They both stared at each other wearing the clothes on what they wore that day.

and lastly their daughter....


My vision went blank, I panicked not long after thinking that that guy did something but then I heard his voice.

"Don't let your mind wander and remember"

Where is he talking? Nevertheless, I did what he says, this is still a little suspicious but ill make sure to see through it to the end. I reminisce about that day, it was our unspoken hang out that we did from time to time, it was on the balcony. We would cook for our daughter make her laugh and listen to her for hours.

As I remembered that scene I felt like I was moving? I don't how exactly to describe the feeling, it was like I was floating and the wind is pushing me somewhere. Eventually, it stop. Something felt weird. I don't know what it is but I knew something's not right. 

Then I saw in front of my "eyes" something forming, it was like an illusory cloud with different colors. Slowly it turned into what I remembered, the balcony, the chairs, her toys by the side, and her small swing, slowly it is becoming more vivid by the second.

I couldn't understand what am "seeing". It eventually turn into exactly like our balcony. Then I saw a small clump of clouds by the chair that was slowly forming. I didn't know what's happening but from the outline, I knew it was my wife. Eventually, the cloud became clear and it became my wife who was wearing the clothes she wore that day. What is going on?? Am I inside my mind? Or is this something else? Questions flooded me.

I then saw my wife being confused for a moment before looking at the sliding door with a hopeful expression.
Hmnn? I felt something, it was like I was being dragged. I don't know what's happening my "vision" suddenly became very hazy until I opened my "eyes".

I see the surroundings that I was just observing earlier. I also saw my wife in front of me. I tried to speak but I was too confused about whats going on. I can only conclude that a moment ago I was only spectating now I seemed to become part of this environment My wife suddenly said.

"It worked! I knew Mr. Morpheus can do it." Claire said with a smile I didn't see any more after our daughter died. I was still confused to what I'm feeling. Being in this situation felt... surreal. It's like a dream but more vivid than anything. I experienced lucid dreams a couple times before but this is a whole new level. Then just as I was about to answer Claire. I heard footsteps. I froze hearing that. The sound of the footsteps was familiar.

The way she walks and the sound she makes when walking I remember it. I'm her father, How couldn't I? I saw my wife in front of me slowly turning her head to the side. I did so as well but slowly.

There, Cathy, incomparable clear than anything I remember, standing just outside the sliding doors.

Stunned I stuttered and with all my might and said.

"..Ca.Cathy?"

"Yes, daddy? Aren't you and mommy gonna decide who gonna cook? I want to join~" Cathy said. Suddenly the entire surrounding seems to become blurry before it immediately stabilize itself and went back to normal.

"..How could it be?" I muttered still shocked but tears were already pouring out of my eyes.

4