[Chapter 12.5] Commence Operation Unpaid Magical Girl Internship!
2.2k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Goddess of Love’s Divine Domain, Eliza’s House (Eliza POV)


“Urgh… I want pancakes…” (Eliza)

A sigh left my mouth as I threw the romance novel in my hands on the floor before stretching my arms and rolling around on my bed. The sunshine outside shone in through the open window, warmly illuminating the bottom half of my bed while a faint breeze spread throughout the room. It was the same as always, just another peaceful day, but despite the picturesque scene, there was a lonely tone in my voice. Nothing but melancholic silence answered my request as I laid there, staring at the ceiling. A few moments passed before I sat up and stared outside at the clouds floating in the vast blue sky.

It’s been about a year since Ky left, and things have changed a bit since then. There’s a lot that isn’t the same anymore. This house just feels empty without him, and there’s a part of my heart that still believes that one day he’ll walk through the door to call me and Olivia over for lunch or something like nothing ever happened, but I know that’s just a hopeless wish.

A year is a long time, even for a god, and Olivia and I have learned to live with his absence, but if I’m going to be completely honest, the thing that affected us the most is not having Ky around to do chores anymore. I mean I miss Ky... a lot. And mixed feelings bubble up in my heart every time I think of him, but I don’t think that the house can survive much longer without him to clean it up every day, I’ve even had to resort to cleaning up after myself recently.

My room’s currently a bit messy, but the truth is, this is actually the cleanest it’s been in a while. I remember about a month after Ky left, Olivia and I were both still depressed, so neither of us cleaned up at all and the house’s cleanliness slowly deteriorated until eventually, it got to the point where it wasn’t even fit for living in anymore. After that, we had a huge trash purge and got the house back to a barely livable state again, but we knew it was only a temporary solution. We needed to change something, so I agreed to try and clean up after myself while Olivia would clean out the house a bit every week, and we’ve been doing that ever since.

I buried my face in the pillow and let the sound of the light breeze outside overtake the silence as I thought about what to do today. A few minutes passed and I was deep in thought when the faint sound of the front door opening reached my ears. I snapped back to my senses before letting out another sigh and getting out of bed. I picked my book up from the floor and gently placed it on my desk as I held my hand up to shield my eyes from the sunlight. I stood there for a moment and gazed at the scenic view outside again before reassuring myself about my decision for what to do today. I closed the window and left my room with a smile on my face as I walked over to the living room where Olivia was.

“Olivia, do we have anything urgent to do today?” (Eliza)

“Urgent? Not really... Today we’re actually pretty free. Why? Was there something you had in mind, Lady Eliza?” (Olivia)

“Yeah. You know, since Ky left, I’ve been thinking about it for a while, should we find a new heroic spirit?” (Eliza)

“A new heroic spirit? Well, I guess it has been kind of quiet around here recently, and someone new to talk to would be nice.” (Olivia)

“Great!” (Eliza)

“Then I’ll go and send out a request to his highness to transfer over someone. He usually has a few heroic spirits on standby, and we have a pretty good relationship with him because of Ky, so he’ll probably send over someone qualified.” (Olivia)

“Transfer? No thanks, especially if it’s one of his cronies. They’ll probably just complain about how run down this house is, or praise how magnificent ‘his highness, the God of Light,’ is compared to us. We’ll never hear the end of it! I think we should find a talented rookie instead.” (Eliza)

I held my fist up in the air and struck a confident pose as my eyes sparkled with determination, but it looked like Olivia wasn’t as keen on finding a diamond in the rough as I was. Her eyes glazed over and she looked at me with an empty smile before letting out a dry chuckle.

“A talented rookie? Lazy Eliza, are you sure you understand what you’re saying? What talented person in their right mind would want to be hired by us? Let’s be real, just look at us. We have nothing except your divine domain and this house, which by the way is always messy thanks to your antics. The only reason we’re even getting by nowadays is because of the salary we get for being Ky’s jailers. Why would someone with talent join us over one of the high gods or even one of the other lesser gods? I don’t think we can even afford to pay them much.” (Olivia)

Olivia’s arguments shot through my plan like arrows and the luster in my eyes began to fade as I finally faced the facts of our situation while the depression began to set in again. I let out a sigh as I plopped onto the sofa and slouched backward. A few seconds passed while I reworked my plan with our limitations in mind before calling out to Olivia again.

“Well, whoever we find doesn’t have to be strong. We don’t need a fighter, hell, they don’t even have to be qualified to be a heroic spirit. Honestly, just someone else to talk to around here is good enough. Uhh… anyway, since we can’t afford to pay them, can’t we just have them on an unpaid internship? Just call them a heroic spirit trainee or something.” (Eliza)

“Unpaid internship? What’s that?” (Olivia)

“I heard about them from Ky. Where he’s from, they have this thing called unpaid internships. It’s where you have someone who’s new work for you for free. Apparently, it’s so they can gain experience in the field and eventually get a job afterward, but Ky told me it was really just a shady way to exploit free labor from inexperienced newbies.” (Eliza)

“That sounds stupid. Who would ever fall for an obvious trap like that?” (Olivia)

“That’s what I said too, but Ky told me never to underestimate the stupidity of people. According to him, thousands of people fall for it on a yearly basis. Anyway, we can’t pay any of our new hires, so let’s try it out. We’ll have something to do now at least.” (Eliza)

“Well, it still sounds to me like this is just a waste of time, but if you insist, I guess we could give it a shot. So what do we do now?” (Olivia)

Olivia let out a sigh and I lifted myself off the couch as the sparkle in my eyes returned.

“I’m glad you asked, Olivia. Actually, there’s been a plan that I’ve been meaning to put into action for a while now. Wait here for a second.” (Eliza)

I ran over with gusto to the closet nearby as Olivia watched me with a confused look on her face. The door to the small closet was torn open and a small cloud of dust flew out as I dug through the miscellaneous knick-knacks to find a magical staff. It was a long stick of slightly pink colored wood, and the bottom of the staff had a fist-sized crystal embedded in golden metal, while the top of the staff took the shape of a large hook, decorated with light golden colored feathers and tiny magic circles arranged to look like runes.

I held the staff in my hands, patted the dust off of it, and threw the rest of the junk I dug out of the closet back in before running over to Olivia with a smile.

“Tada! This here is a bonafide, one-of-a-kind magical girl staff. It’s the only one in the entire world, and it was co-designed by yours truly.” (Eliza)

“Wait, a magical-what?” (Olivia)

“A magical girl. Ky told me about them too. They’re mysterious female heroes that use magic to fight against the hidden forces of darkness in the name of things like friendship and love, a perfectly fitting theme for someone like say, me, the Goddess of Love. I heard from Ky that a magical girl usually has a cute familiar and a magical staff that allows them to transform into their costumes. So while we can’t provide a cute familiar, we can provide a magical staff. Now, let’s see if this still works.” (Eliza)

I channeled mana into the staff, and it flowed around inside the wood before reaching the numerous fake runes at the top of the staff. Immediately the magic circles all began to light up with a pink glow and mana shot out of the runes to form a glowing ball of pure pink mana in the open center of the hook. A blinding pink glow spread out into the surroundings from the center of the ball of mana, and music mysteriously appeared from seemingly nowhere as a thin, yet solid layer of mana molded over my body to form clothes.

When the transformation sequence finally finished, the pink glow abruptly died out and burst into particles of pink mana like shattered shards of glass as the glowing ball of mana reformed on the staff while the music faded out, revealing me standing there, striking a pose.

I was wearing a short pink and white dress lined with gold-rimmed accents, along with a pair of long pink gloves that reached past my elbows, white stockings, and a pair of cute, pink shoes. Puffy frills and ribbons were lined all over my outfit, and on the side of my head was a single golden colored hairpin in the shape of a bundle of feathers just like the ones on the staff.

Olivia stood there staring at me with a dumbfounded look on her face as I put my hands on my hips and let out a triumphant laugh.

“Yes! It still works! Alright, Olivia, commence Operation Unpaid Magical Girl Internship! I’ll send you down to the main plane along with the staff, maybe near where I sent Ky, and you can go scout out our magical girl candidates!” (Eliza)

“Wait, before we do anything, where did you get this!?” (Olivia)

“Didn’t you hear me before, I co-designed it. It’s completely powered by alchemy. Ky helped me out with all the technicals, and after hearing his descriptions about outfits, I designed how the costume and staff looked. It’s our pride and joy. Here, take a look.” (Eliza)

I handed the staff over to Olivia and she held it in her hands before beginning to inspect it.

“When did you make this? I don’t remember ever seeing this before.” (Olivia)

“Hmm, if I remember correctly, it was around 200 years ago. It was pretty fun at first, but we got bored of it after a few weeks, so it’s been sitting in the closet ever since.” (Eliza)

“Wait, is this crystal a dragon heart!? And these are phoenix feathers!? The wood for this staff is even from the World Tree! Where the hell did you get the money to buy all this!?” (Olivia)

Ah. Crap, I remember why we never showed it to Olivia now! Think Eliza, think! Where could we have found this?

My face immediately cramped up and I plastered a nervous smile on my face as cold sweat ran down my back.

“Uhh… I found them… outside.” (Eliza)

“Ah, now I remember! About 200 years ago, there was a suspicious hole in our savings after I came back from visiting my family for a month. You and Ky told me that it was just a mistake in our records, but no matter how many times I redid the budget, I could never find the mistake and I always felt that there was something you two were hiding from me!” (Olivia)

Olivia looked over at me with an angry smile as sweat poured down my face and my nervous smile started to tremble.

“Lady Eliza, what do you have to say for yourself?” (Olivia)

Olivia’s voice was terrifyingly monotone, and I slowly backed away from her, towards the couch as she stood there.

“Now, Olivia. I know what I did was wrong, and I definitely should have told you, but everyone deserves a second chance, don’t they? Hehe.” (Eliza)

I winked at Olivia with my nervous smile and stuck my tongue out cutely as I knocked my fist lightly on my head, but it seemed that Olivia didn’t care much for my adorable acting because immediately after I struck my pose, Olivia held the staff like a club and took a stance as I turned around and started running for my life.

I kicked the door open and ran outside as Olivia started to chase me with the same angry smile on her face.

“Wait! Olivia, I don’t care if you hit me, but don’t hit me with the staff! You’re gonna break it! Do you even know how much that staff cost to make!?” (Eliza)


Adventurer Town Delhurst, Nearby Reina’s House (Reina POV)


A light breeze blew by and I let out a sigh as I walked down the street towards my house. I turned right from the main road and entered a small pathway between two buildings as I navigated further away from the busy street behind me. I had just finished stalk-, ahem, observing Sir Kyle from behind the bookshelves at the library earlier today, and my social anxiety was already kicking back in as I made another turn. My keys jingled in the pocket of my guild receptionist uniform as I walked along the alleyway and I finally arrived at the front door of my house when suddenly, a strange person dressed in a brown hooded cloak appeared from around the corner.

I could tell by the stranger’s figure that it was a woman, and there was a long pink and gold staff strapped to her back. The hood of her cloak shrouded the top of her face in darkness, but I could faintly see a pair of green eyes staring intensely at me from behind what seemed to be glasses. An awkward silence filled the alleyway as we both froze, but after a few moments, I heard her muttering something to herself.

“... Lady Eliza, are you sure about her?... Yes, I know, but why do I have to do it this way?…”

I stood there trembling as I watched the suspicious hooded woman talk to herself like a lunatic before she let out an annoyed sigh and reached out towards me with a smile on her face.

“Umm, excuse me miss. This might be a weird question to ask, but... would you be interested in becoming a heroic spirit trainee? Look, I’ll even give you this magic staff.”

The suspicious hooded woman pulled the staff out from behind her back before showing it off to me like she was trying to sell it to me. After getting a closer look at the staff, I could tell that it was definitely an expensive magical item.

I-Is she a con artist? If I touch it, it’ll definitely break, won’t it?

I turned around and ran towards the main street as I screamed out for the guards.

“G-Guards! Someone, help! There’s a suspicious person here!” (Reina)

“W-Wait! I’m not suspicious, I swear!”

I made it about halfway down the street when suddenly, a large yellow magic circle appeared below my feet and a barrier of light-element mana materialized in front of me, trapping me inside with the hooded woman. I chantlessly cast a second circle wind spell and two light green magic circles layered on top of each other appeared in front of me before a small arrow made of wind shot out towards the barrier. The arrow crashed into the barrier and exploded into a small burst of wind as a spark of hope lit up in my heart, but that spark was quickly extinguished when I saw that my second circle spell didn’t even scratch the barrier. The sound of footsteps sounded out behind me and I fell backward onto the ground as I turned around to face the hooded woman with a terrified look on my face.

“S-Stay back! I-I’ll blast you with magic if you come any closer!” (Reina)

“Please, miss, calm down. I’m not here to hurt you.”

The hooded woman took her hood off to reveal that she was an elf too. She had a wry smile on her face and platinum blonde hair a little longer than mine, tied into a long ponytail while her deep green eyes were covered by the pair of glasses hanging off her pointed ears.

She slowly walked closer and extended her hand out to me on the ground as I sat there trembling in fear.

“Are you ok, miss? I’m sorry about trapping you so suddenly, it must have been scary, but I’m not here to hurt you. I just want to talk with you for a bit.”

The woman softly grabbed my hand to help me up off the ground, the barrier behind me was dispelled a second later, and everything returned to normal except for the woman now standing in front of me.

“Ok, now I know this will definitely sound unbelievable, but here goes. My name is Olivia Faevaris, and I’m a heroic spirit serving under the Goddess of Love.” (Olivia)

A glowing white halo appeared on top of Olivia’s head as soon as she finished speaking, and I felt an indescribable pressure radiating from her for a moment before the halo disappeared again along with the pressure.

W-Wait! She’s actually a heroic spirit!? Oh no! What have I done!?

My body immediately stiffened up and I began to profusely apologize as Lady Olivia stared at me with a confused smile.

“I’m so sorry! Please forgive me, your holiness! I didn’t know you were a heroic spirit!” (Reina)

“Wait, calm down! Look, it’s ok. I’m not angry. Honestly, I would’ve done the same if some random person in a suspicious hooded cloak came up to me in an alleyway and asked me a ridiculous question. Isn’t that right, Lady Eliza?... This is your fault in the first place!... What?... Bring her up?” (Olivia)

“Eh?” (Reina)

I stopped bowing and looked up for a moment to see Lady Olivia staring up at the sky with an angry smile on her face while crossing her arms. After a moment of awkward silence, she let out a heavy sigh and facepalmed before calling out to me again.

“By the way, what’s your name, miss?” (Olivia)

“R-Reina Sylfey, your holiness!” (Reina)

“Miss Reina, I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to borrow you for a moment.” (Olivia)

Lady Olivia stretched her hand out towards the ground and suddenly another magic circle formed at our feet. I immediately began to panic before a flash of bright light blinded me and suddenly, I wasn’t in front of my house anymore.


The Goddess of Love’s Divine Domain, Eliza’s House (Eliza POV)


I ran outside and got into position in front of the ritual grounds as I thought about what pose to strike for the arrival of our new hire. You know what they say, first impressions are the strongest, and if we’re gonna have someone new around here, the first thing we have to establish is the pecking order... Oh, looks like she’s here already.

A magic circle formed in the middle of the ritual grounds and shone brightly for a moment before Olivia and our new hire appeared in front of me. I immediately put both hands on my hips and leaned my head back as I began to laugh evilly.

“Mwahahahaha! Welcome to my divine domain! Once you’re in here, your fate is in my hands!” (Eliza)

“Stop that, you idiot! You’re just scaring her more!” (Olivia)

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Olivia angrily throw something at me and I instinctively took half a step to the side to avoid it at first, only to realize as it was flying past me that Olivia had actually thrown the magical girl staff.

“Ah! Wait, the staff!” (Eliza)

I instantly pounced towards the staff and caught it in mid-air before hugging it tightly as I tumbled along the lawn while protecting the staff with my own body. After I finally stopped rolling, I promptly got up and ran back to the ritual grounds with the staff in my hands.

“Whew, that was close.” (Eliza)

“The only thing close here is my temper to snapping! I told you that we shouldn’t have been so shady about it! Why did you think making me dress up suspiciously while standing around in alleyways looking for magical girl candidates was a good idea!?” (Olivia)

“Well, I thought it would be cooler for our new hire to get the staff from a mysterious hooded figure appearing from the darkness. It really gives you the sense that it’s an ancient, sacred artifact being passed on to a chosen one instead of a toy that we made for fun then got bored of a few weeks later.” (Eliza)

I stood there pouting meekly as I hid the staff behind my body and avoided eye contact with Olivia. She let out a sigh and stared at me in disappointment before facepalming.

“You know what, I’m done. You just handle the rest. I’m gonna go take a break.” (Olivia)

Olivia walked past me with an exhausted look on her face and entered the house leaving me alone with our new hire. The awkward silence lasted a few moments as I stared curiously at the trembling elven girl on the floor in front of me.

“So... what’s your name?” (Eliza)

“... R-Reina Sylfey.” (Reina)

“Alright, Reina, today’s your lucky day. You’ve been personally chosen by me, the Goddess of Love, to be a heroic spirit trainee in our new unpaid magical girl internship program.” (Eliza)

“Wait, what!? Heroic spirit trainee!?” (Reina)

Reina slowly got up off the ground with trembling legs and a flabbergasted look on her face as I snickered at her a little.

“W-Wait, y-your holiness, I don’t think I’m the right person for this!” (Reina)

“No need to be so stiff, just Eliza’s fine.” (Eliza)

“L-Lady Eliza, I have no idea how to do anything like this! P-Please, I just want to go home.” (Reina)

“Eh? Nonsense, you’re perfect. Have a little more confidence in yourself. You don’t need any experience either because this is exactly how you’ll be getting all of it. That’s why it’s an unpaid internship. And anyway, it’s not like you have much of a choice in this. Like I said before, once you’re in my divine domain, you can’t leave without my permission so your fate is in my hands. Now come on, newbie! Let's go back inside. Your first assignment will be cleaning the house.” (Eliza)

“...augh…” (Reina)

I twirled around and started walking back to the house as behind me, Reina let out a defeated whimper and slumped down in depression for a few moments before catching up to me with tears in her eyes.

***

“Lady Eliza, I finished cleaning up the house, what should I do now?” (Reina)

I was lying down on the sofa, halfway through another sappy romance novel, when Reina’s voice brought me back to reality. I closed the book and looked up to see Reina staring at me with a broom in her hands and a helpless expression on her face. A quick glance around the now tidy living room showed me that Reina really had finished cleaning the whole house, and after a moment, I sat up while nodding in approval.

“Alright, good job Reina, you’ve passed your initiation test with flying colors. Follow me, it’s time for you to be officially hired. And I’ll send you back home afterward.” (Eliza)

“Y-Yes, Lady Eliza.” (Reina)

Reina saluted me while tears ran down her face and I grabbed the magical girl staff that was leaning against the arm of the sofa before walking outside again to the ritual grounds. After we arrived outside, I stopped in front of the ritual grounds and turned around to see Reina with the same helpless smile plastered on her face.

“Alright. With my authority as the Goddess of Love, true name, Eliza Strateous, I hereby announce that Reina Sylfey will be officially granted the position of heroic spirit trainee. She will be appointed the title of ‘Magical Girl of Love’ along with a divine artifact as a reward for her excellence.” (Eliza)

I put on my serious face for a moment and inducted Reina into her unpaid internship before gently handing over the magical girl staff. Immediately after handing over the staff, I wiped the serious expression off my face and the grave atmosphere disappeared along with it.

“Congratulations, you’re now officially Reina Sylfey, the Magical Girl of Love. Wow! Yay!” (Eliza)

I clapped my hands to cheer for her and mimicked an imaginary crowd as Reina stood there scratching her head with a confused face.

“Umm, Lady Eliza... what’s a magical girl?” (Reina)

“Oh. Uh, well, to put it simply, you’re now a magical warrior who fights in the name of justice and love.” (Eliza)

“Warrior!? Wait, who am I going to fight!? I might have some natural talent for wind magic, but there’s no way I could beat anyone even remotely strong!” (Reina)

“Don’t worry, of course I don’t expect you to beat anyone too strong as is, you’re still only a trainee so I won’t be throwing you into the fire just yet… probably. Anyway, it’s not like I’m just sending you out there by yourself. What you’re holding in your hands right now is a genuine divine artifact. Just try channeling mana through it and you’ll see exactly how powerful it is.” (Eliza)

I gave Reina a confident smile as she skeptically channeled mana through the magical girl staff.

The ball of pure, pink mana formed in the hook of the staff and the glow completely enveloped Reina as she let out an astonished cry that was immediately drowned out by the music from the transformation sequence. After a few moments, the mass of pink mana burst into particles, revealing a completely lost Reina dressed in the magical girl outfit as I nodded approvingly at her again.

“See, I told you that you’d be perfect for the job! The three basic requirements for any magical girl are an unrequited love, a natural talent for magic, and most importantly, the ability to look good in costume. The moment I saw you, I knew that you would pass all three criteria with no problem and I was definitely right. We might need to work on your pose for the end of the transformation sequence later, but for now, just test out the staff and try to use some magic.” (Eliza)

“Magic? Is it ok to fire it here?” (Reina)

“Yeah, just fire it that way.” (Eliza)

I pointed to the open field past the ritual grounds and Reina pointed her staff in the same direction before letting out a small cry as the small ball of pink mana in the hook of the staff turned a light green. Immediately a dozen double-layered magic circles formed in front of her staff, and wind arrows shot out before converging on the ground in the middle of the open field. A massive explosion of air blasted out from where the arrows converged, making our clothes and hair flutter around for a moment before the raging wind from the explosion died down.

“Eh?” (Reina)

Reina stood there dumbfounded as I gave another approving nod and turned to her.

“Great, looks like the staff is still working properly. I told you, didn’t I? That’s a genuine divine artifact. If I remember correctly, it should act as both a magical amplifier and a spare mana pool. Even the outfit should be tougher than a suit of heavy armor, so at the very least, you should be able to protect yourself from most people for now.” (Eliza)

“W-Wha-” (Reina)

“Anyway, I promised I would send you back after this, so you can go for now. Here, take this pendant with you, I’ll contact you through the pendant tomorrow so be careful not to lose it.” (Eliza)

I pulled a heart-shaped pendant out of my pocket and placed it in the hands of a bewildered Reina as I cast a teleportation spell. The white magic circle lit up with a sharp glow as Reina let out a final confused shriek before she was sent back to the main plane.

“Alright, I’ve worked a lot today. I think it’s time for a well-deserved nap.” (Eliza)

I let out a yawn as I turned around and started walking back towards the house with a goofy smile on my face.


The Goddess of Love’s Divine Domain, Eliza’s House (Reina POV)


“Lady Eliza, please wake up. It’s already noon.” (Reina)

The sunlight shone in through the window in the living room as I gently shook Lady Eliza, who was sleeping on the couch, but even after shaking her vigorously for a few moments, she wouldn’t wake up. I stood there and panicked a bit as I thought about what to do when I heard Lady Olivia enter the room.

“Reina, don’t bother. Lady Eliza won’t wake up until she feels like it, trust me I’ve already tried too many times.” (Olivia)

“Eh? But won’t she be cold sleeping out in the open like that?” (Reina)

“She’ll be fine. Anyway, yesterday his highness gave us some sandwiches when I went over for our monthly meeting so I left one for you. It should be in the fridge.” (Olivia)

“Oh. Thank you, Lady Olivia.” (Reina)

Lady Olivia smiled at me as she pointed toward the kitchen. I walked over and opened the fridge to see a sandwich on a plate. I took the sandwich out of the fridge and sat down at the kitchen table before starting to eat it.

It’s been about another year since I was forcibly hired as a magical girl by Lady Eliza, and at first, I thought I would be risking my life, but luckily, the only thing I’ve done since then is clean up around the house and talk with Lady Eliza and Lady Olivia every once in a while. I never expected them to be so nice after what happened the first day, but it turns out that Lady Eliza is just a klutz while Lady Olivia is her voice of reason. To be honest, I even kind of enjoy coming over to talk with them. I’ve always been shy, so I’ve never had many friends, and while I have been improving on my social anxiety by working at a few different adventurer’s guilds these past few summers, the only ones I feel like I can freely talk to have been Lady Eliza and Lady Olivia.

As I finished the sandwich, I heard Lady Olivia’s voice call out to me again before she entered the kitchen.

“Oh, by the way, Reina, you said that you would be starting school again soon, right?” (Olivia)

“Yes, I’ll be attending the Raidion Royal Academy, where my aunt is.” (Reina)

“Hmm, I guess you won’t be coming over as often for a while then, right?” (Olivia)

“Y-Yeah. Sorry...” (Reina)

“No need to apologize, you’ve done more than enough for us. Actually, let me help you a bit this time. Come here, I’ll read your fortune for your unrequited love again.” (Olivia)

“Eh?” (Reina)

The blurry image of a gently smiling man with white hair that was tied into a ponytail resurfaced in my memories again and a blush spread across my face as I remembered the delicate mix of emotions that ran through my mind when I met him for the first time. A faint, fuzzy warmth spread through my chest as Lady Olivia held my hand, closed her eyes, and stood still for a moment before opening them with a smile on her face.

“Well, it’s a still little vague like always, but I can tell you that you’ll definitely have some good luck in terms of love at the Royal Academy. Just make sure you take the class on ancient alchemy.” (Olivia)

I looked out the window with a soft smile on my face before I lightly slapped my cheeks with both hands and put on a determined expression.

“Ancient alchemy, huh? Alright, the Magical Girl of Love, Reina Sylfey is on it!” (Reina)

38