Chapter 5: Exposed
219 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amasa herself got changed in her own room. There, she sat on her bed pondering what was to come. What was it that girl wanted? Fukuna was always a thorn in her side in high school, so maybe it wasn’t even something to do with Tahiko himself. Perhaps it was just to annoy her even more and plainly make life more miserable.

“We need to come up with a plan.” She said after sitting alone for a good 20 minutes. Amasa didn’t hear the shower running in the bathroom, so she knocked on the door to see if Tahiko was finished. “Are you decent?”

“Yeah, go ahead and come in.” He answered, so she did. However, the boy was far from finished with his bath. “Hey there.” Tahiko greeted her nonchalantly as he continued to sit in the bathtub fill with water. Because of it, she couldn’t see any features of his nude body, but he was still nude nonetheless.

“Ahhh!” She screamed loudly and shut the door in an instant. “That’s not decent!”

“But you can’t see anything.” He responded, muffled by the door.

“Why aren’t you taking a shower?” This hardly seemed the time to be taking a bath with someone evil coming by.

“Is this not considered one in your world?” Given technology on Enatis, despite having easy access to water thank to magic. They didn’t have the means, or more accurately, the thought process to create showers. “Oh well, it’s no matter you wished to talk to me about that girl?”

“Finish first and fast.” She stomped away, her face bright red from seeing him nearly naked. That idiot, she thought. Doesn’t someone like him have any etiquette at all? Surely just because he’s from a different world doesn’t mean he’s unaware of the difference between them?

She certainly could tell the difference between them pretty fast in the second she laid eyes on his body. Sure, there was water and soap covering most of it, but that still left out those strong arms, those pecs, and those abs. The girl shook her head as she went to sit down on the couch. He’s stupid and she shouldn’t be thinking anything of him other than being a nuisance in her life.

“Okay, what’s the plan?” He finally emerged from the bathroom with a fresh pair of clothes and clean body. Now that she was seeing him in this way, he looked a lot more normal for someone on Earth now. They were certainly fortunate that the people of Enatis looked just like humans.

“You’re the one who talked to her.” She replied. “What was she like?”

“It didn’t seem anything special.” He answered. “She made some weird statements though, like how your school is magical and stuff. Does that mean you were lying to me about not using my magic?”

“Something’s wrong.” She knew Fukuna and that girl didn’t use terms like that casually. Especially not when it portrayed their situation a bit too accurately for her liking. Did that girl somehow find out about him already? But how? They had been very careful throughout the day and avoiding anything unnecessary. “You got any magic that can erase memories?”

“I’m aware of its existence, but I’ve never learned to use it myself.” As a knight who was used to vanquishing his foes, there was no need to make them not remember things.

“Darn it.” If her suspicions were correct that this girl somehow found out the truth, then how were they going to keep her quiet. “How are you with… Ending a high school girl?”

“It would go against my duty as a knight to harm an innocent civilian.” He told her. Plus, that girl reminded him of the princess too much that even if he didn’t have that issue, he’d still wouldn’t want to hurt her. Amasa grit her teeth in response to the latter point. That girl just had to be so special even to someone out of this world, didn’t she?

Speaking of said girl, there was a knock at the door. Obviously it was the expected guest as the pair slowly made their way to the front. “Should I be the one to answer?” There was doubt in his voice as the boy felt a bit of dread over their opponent. Just what was up this girl’s sleeve?

“She is the one who asked to see you.” She replied, getting herself into a safer spot by standing directly behind him. Then, the girl shook her head and got a mean look in her eye. “No, this is my house and I’m going to give that girl a piece of my mind.” With determination, Amasa opened up the door and prepared to yell at the girl. However, upon opening it, there was no one standing before them. “Huh?”

“Watch out!” Instead what greeted them was a bucket hung on a rope flying down right for her face. While Tahiko could’ve simply pushed her out of the way, his instincts took over as the boy took note of the water in the container and stopped its momentum with his water manipulation.

“Well, thanks.” She was a bit surprised that he used his powers to protect her. “But I think I could’ve just dodged it myself.” Though that was odd, why would someone set this up on them? And also something else that begged a question, where was Fukuna?

“Aha, I knew it!” Apparently she was just hidden behind one of the bushes with her phone out recording the whole ordeal. “So you weren’t speaking gibberish about that magic earlier.” This was her plan to capture him in the act. Either they were telling the truth and she’d get proof of his magic or they were both hit with the eight grader syndrome and she’d get a funny prank on one of them.

“What is that thing she’s holding?” Since Tahiko had never seen a smart phone before, he wasn’t certain as to why she was holding it up to their faces.

“It’s a phone.” She answered. “And it just captured the whole thing.”

“A recording device!?” There were crystal balls in his world that were capable of saving moments and events. So it made sense to him that they would have something similar. He also knew if she had the evidence of his magic, things were going to get complicated. While the boy was unaware of what goes on in this world at large. Given that magic didn’t seem to exist, that should cause a massive stir among the world leaders and populace at large.

Knowing that this was going to cause problems were she to show this to someone, Tahiko sprung into action.

“Now I’m going to upload this and-” Fukuna mocked the pair and began hopping onto social media to share the video to the world. Being someone in her position, people tended to believe she wouldn’t lie on the internet. However, he used his instant flash spell to quickly close the gap to her and rip the phone from her hands. “Hey!”

“I cannot allow you to do that.” With that, he ran off out into the town. The boy didn’t realize that phones weren’t indestructible, so he decided to go with the safer route of taking it away from her and hiding it somewhere.

“You get back here right now!” She commanded him as the pair ran off. Amasa couldn’t believe what she was seeing. He should’ve destroyed the phone seeing as even if successful in hiding it, she’d just be able to find it again. Technology really was so far ahead for that boy’s head to comprehend.

“Don’t leave me behind.” As much as she hated physical activity, it was troublesome to have them run about town without a goal in mind. Though they were faster than her, and the girl found herself falling behind easily.

“Give me my phone back right now.” Fukuna continued to yell and run after the boy as they ran through the quiet streets of the town.

“And allow you to expose me? Not a chance.” The boy was never one for planning, as he preferred to think on his feet. Though right now he was unsure in the moment on what to do to solve this predicament.

There was also another problem. This girl was somehow keeping up with him. It was less of a matter that some random spoiled high school girl was faster than she looked and more that he was slower than he knew he could run. What was up with him lately? His skills weren’t as sharp as before, and neither was his stamina. Was it an effect of the world he was in?

If it weren’t for these limitations, he would’ve already lost her by now. And this phone in his possession would likely already be at the bottom of a river too. So Tahiko needed another plan to escape, so he took a shortcut across a street to gain some ground.

“Oh no you don’t.” The lack of crossroads did little to deter Fukuna from continuing the chase. However, jaywalking can be dangerous when one doesn’t pay attention to their surroundings. And the horn of a truck sounded clearly why one should look both ways. “Oh…” Time felt as though it slowed down as she looked at what seemed to be impending doom.

Fortunately for the girl, her end was not going to be today. Tahiko saw it when he heard the sound and once more used his instant flash to turn course and put himself close enough to the girl to push them both out of the path from vehicular death.

“Are you all right?” He asked, as the sounds of screeching brakes filled the air. She was in awe that he would risk his own life for someone trying to ruin it.

“Thank y-” She attempted to express her gratitude, however the boy passed out right on top of her. Using that spell a second time so soon after the first drained his energy as the grip on her phone was loosened and it fell to the ground.

6