Chapter 11: Lunch and Shorts
130 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time passed, lunch was to be in order. Which required the gang to come back and join the rest of the students. For some reason, that feeling popped up again for Tahiko that he was in potential danger upon returning. Odd, since rejoining the group should entail more safety.

It became more noticeable when many students that weren’t in his class approached them. Though fortunately their target was that of Fukuna. Since a lot of people wanted her to sit with them.

“Looks like you’ll just have to take one for the team.” Amasa had a smug look on her face as she patted the girl on the back. It was also her silent gesture of getting most of these people away from Tahiko. The less friends he made, the less complicated the matter of him being on Earth would be.

That was good with her, seeing as that finally allowed her some freedom away from that girl. “Guess I can just live with sharing lunch with you.”

“That’s... good.” He had already sat down, opened his bento, and stuffed his mouth filled with what her mom had prepared for them. Tahiko had no care about manners because his stomach had been feeling empty the moment they got here.

“You slob.” She complained, but sat down besides him anyway so they could share another lunch together. “So, you gonna sit down or what?” That left the only other girl around them, Chisa, awkward unsure of what to do next.

“You’re fine if I eat here?” She asked, as if the prior question wasn’t just a way to tell her permission was already granted. “Just, isn’t that weird because we’re not in the same class.”

“Doubt most of those boys are in our class.” Amasa replied, noting all of the people talking to Fukuna.

“Besides, we are friends, aren’t we?” Said Tahiko. Sure, his sister would disagree with that assessment, but he was free to be with people he wanted to be with. Of course that had to be within reason and she’d consider the Fukuna part to be unreasonable. “Come, sit with us and let us enjoy our meal.”

“Okay.” She accept their offer and sat down in front of Tahiko. This boy was such a strange person she couldn’t understand. Yet at the same time, because of it she also was afraid to reject his requests to get to know her. She’d rather not talk to people because the girl was generally worried about looking stupid. However, he hadn’t seemed to care about all of the mistakes she had made so far.

Partially because he himself also had done strange things that would cause most people to turn their heads in confusion. The one part that struck her the most was his speaking mannerisms. They didn’t seem to fit really any part of dialects in Japan, so where did he get it?

All her questions caused hesitation where a normal person might get a bit more inquisitive. Chisa didn’t want to bring something up that might upset him, seeing as no one was aware of his past. Sure, he seemed to be a cheerful person, but an orphan might be holding in their feelings of loss for their real parents, wouldn’t they?

At the same time, she wasn’t the only person who was holding back. Despite his welcoming demeanor to her, Tahiko hadn’t asked her any questions to get to know her. In fact, despite all the time they had been together to this point, there wasn’t anything he could say he knew about this girl.

As much as he wanted to, the boy couldn’t bring himself to ask any proper questions. After all, she’d return by asking the same thing in return, right? But then, how could he answer in a manner that would satisfy her, while also not revealing who he really was?

Meanwhile, Amasa was actually enjoying this lunch. Those two were quieter than she expected, so she was able to finally get some peace around here. So their lunch went by rather quickly and before anyone realized it, lunchtime was over and it was time to head onto some more activities.

“Ahh…” Chisa sighed in disappointment as she put away her lunch. That was incredibly awkward and she just knew he must’ve noticed how awful she was in social situations. At some point, he’ll abandon her for some better people, like Fukuna.

“So is there anything else for us do here?” He asked. As much as Tahiko had been enjoying exploring the grounds, surely that wasn’t all there was to this day.

“I don’t know, there’s some activities with that rock climbing wall, and some people are checking out some boa-”

“Wait, did you just say rock climbing?” He cut her off and looked around quickly to find there was a set for kids to try climbing up on. “Woohoo, now that’s some fun indeed!” Without caring to wait for the others, he rushed over to the wall and already began climbing it.

“Hey, get down from there!” Immediately that earned him a scolding from one of the teachers for not wearing any gear.

“What were you thinking?” Amasa complained to him as they detoured to put on the gear and tie themselves to the rope. “It’s really dangerous, you know.”

“Sorry, I just forgot.” Back home, a wall like this would be no trouble. He was able to be quite capable of climbing even in his metal armor. Plus, judging from the height of the set up wall, even if he fell from the top, he’d still be fine. Of course, in reality that was a fall that could seriously harm a high school student. “Anyway, how come Fukuna is not putting anything on? Does she not wish to join us?”

Once lunch was finished, that girl attempted to join back with them. Since he ran off before her arrival, she had to rush to catch up. However, seeing what they’d be doing here, she decided it best to sit this one out.

“How about I answer that with a question of my my own.” Amasa decided to test him to see if he wasn’t all that naive. “Did you ever question why my outfit is different today?”

“I did notice you’re wearing shorts.” He replied. Of course he would notice it since that was different than how she normally wore it from his short time here.

“Exactly.” Being outside made her paranoid about it being windy and blowing up her uniforms skirt. Of course some girls cared more about appearances and took the risk, like with Fukuna. Meanwhile, someone like Chisa went full blown with track pants instead. Despite the fact her skirt was already longer than most. “None of us want boys catching a peek.”

“You are correct.” He responded by pulling up her skirt to check it out. “I cannot see your undergarments at all.”

“Pervert!” She slapped his hand off of her as hard as she could. The girl’s face was bright red from him having the gall to do something so brazen in front of their classmates. “Don’t do something like that ever again.”

“But, I can’t see anything inappropriate? How is it embarrassing?”

“It just is.” While he was correct that it’s not like he’d consider peeking her underwear, or that he’d expose her to the school knowing that it was just regular shorts down there. It still was somehow embarrassing to have that done to her. “Don’t bother arguing with me.”

“Anyway, now that I’m am all dressed up.” Quickly forgetting about her scolding, Tahiko prepared himself to climb up the wall. “Let us begin the fun!”

“Hey, hold on a second!” Unfortunately for Amasa, the two of them were sharing the same rope. So when he took off in a dash, she ended up being pulled along for the ride from his superior speed and strength. “At least let me walk…” This had the result of her being dragged on the floor in front of everyone. Yet again he made a mockery of her entire existence.

“Now it’s time to climb.” He said as he got their rope tightened up according to the rules the teachers set for safety. The moment that was complete, he rushed up the wall with lightning speed. It shocked everyone watching to see him display such speed, strength and dexterity as he navigated the climbing holds with little trouble.

After little time had passed, the boy had found himself all way to the top and sat himself down to witness the view below. The people down there looked at him in shock. He had ascended the wall so quickly that this easily smashed the prior record.

This fact led to many of the students cheering and hollering that he had made himself a small spot in the history books. Meanwhile, Amasa rolled her eyes to show how little she cared with how popular he was getting himself to be.

4