HTSCF CH 036 The darling of the Wolf God and Dragon God
817 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Where is the smut you ask? This writer wrote too much smut in the last arc and needs to take a break. But don't worry, the smut will happen when it happens lol (next chapter cough)

Also want to take time to once again thank readers for reading, favoriting, voting, rating and commenting! 🤗 All of it means a lot to me, and I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in this piece of work! 🙇‍♀️😁

Despite having promised they'd try and make time to see Jun, he had not seen even a shadow of Azazel and Elior for 3 months now, be it in the real world or Atlan.

Instead, during the last 3 months, the plot of the world had been trying very hard to make him suffer. Ever since the rumors about him being a sugar baby started, he had also been called a slut who only knew how to play around with men—

He wanted to argue: It was only two men, ok? And it was more than just playing around. He was very serious about them.

Preparatory school students had too much free time, and it was easy to pick on an underachiever like Fei Lan. Jun was sure his real self had also been an underachiever, but not because he couldn't do better, just that he wouldn't, preferring to be low-key and unnoticed instead. However, he had missed out on completing college for maybe two or more lifetimes now, so Jun was determined to do better.

When he became the ranked #3 student, then #2, and finally #1 during the monthly mock exams, people in school stopped spouting nonsense about him. Other than nasty words, some tried to bully him physically and threaten him for money. Did he look rich? Because he wasn't. He limited himself to 3—that number had to be cursed—milk teas a week, ok?

"It's ok, I taught them a lesson and they've since stopped bothering me." Jun was in the midst of a video call with Azazel and Elior, updating them with his situation. It was rare for them to have time for video calls with him because they were always busy. At the most, they sent him texts or voice messages.

Today was special, because it was the release date of the new update Azazel and Elior had been working on for the past 3 months or so, and the game had been undergoing maintenance for a whole day. The changes would affect a lot of previous gameplay, and he had to wonder why. Wasn't it just allowing gender change and multiple marriages?

"Then, we'll see you in the game in a few, baby."

"Ok."

Jun hung up the call and took out his VR helmet. It was a Friday night and he had already had dinner. There would be plenty of time to play during this weekend, and he was a little excited to see Azazel and Elior, even if it was just in-game. He wondered what their avatars looked like.

In Magnolia City, many players were gathered around the central fountain and it was a little crowded. ADAS was still in its infancy, but there hadn't been any major updates in half a year, so naturally, there were a lot of people online. 

At UTC 11:00 there would be an opening ceremony, in which the developers would talk a little about the update. Server 3—Jun laughed in his head—had been lucky enough to be chosen for the event. Whereas other servers could only watch on a large digital screen in the sky, server 3 would personally partake in the ceremony.

Naturally, Server 3 was the server Jun was in, and he had a feeling that things might get rowdy. A minute before UTC 11:00 several men and women magically appeared floating in the sky. Many players recognized them as the various gods in the game. No, not god-tier players, but gods who were something like NPCs.

They were the avatars of the game developers and amongst them were the two most popular ones, the Wolf God and the Dragon God. Even with their faces half-hidden by a silver mask and a gold mask, Jun instantly recognized them. After all, their avatars were the replica of their real-world selves.

Seeing the Wolf God and the Dragon God both send smiles at them, all the fanboys and fangirls squealed and giggled, thinking it was being directed at them. This resulted in a little sour Jun, but what happened next completely changed his sourness into embarrassment.

The Dragon God spoke: "Welcome everyone to the latest update of Atlan: Demons and Saints."

Everyone cheered before being quieted by the Dragon God placing his index finger to his lips in a shushing motion. Some fans couldn't help it and screamed until they fainted. Jun sweatdropped.

"There are three changes in this update," He continued. "And to demonstrate them, I'd like—"

The Wolf God blocked the Dragon God's mouth and a few CP fans of the two in the crowd went crazy.

"We would like—"

The Dragon God was allowed to talk again. "... Yes, we would like our darling to come up and demonstrate the changes."

There was a period of silence before a player spoke on behalf of everyone: "What—!? Who is it!?"

Some thick-skinned people, male and female, stepped forward then looked at each other before stopping in embarrassment. Jun wasn't one of them. In fact, he was desperately trying to hide behind Oriana, who was having a lightbulb moment.

"Come here, baby." The next moment Jun felt his body being teleported and the next he knew, he was standing between the Wolf God and the Dragon God. "Don't be shy."

"... Shut up."

Hearing that voice and seeing that face, many people were reminded of a clip that spread on the forums over 3 months ago. It was the video of a male player being thrown over the shoulder of the red-haired Jun. That wasn't the only video flashing through their heads. The unorthodox way of killing bosses with fists, kicks, and teeth, the shit item drops, his guild tag...

"P-pretty boy archer!?"

"Wave to the crowd, baby." Elior leaned over and wrapped his arms around the young man in a suggestive way. Jun gave an unenthusiastic wave, his face unamused.

"Babe, you're not angry are you?" Azazel asked, a bit worried.

"No, but it would have been nice if I had advance notice..."

"Then you wouldn't have even shown up, baby."

That was true since Jun preferred to be inconspicuous, but ever since entering this world he hadn't been able to do that and no longer wanted to.

"I'm here now. Do what you want."

Elior grabbed his face and gave him a swift kiss on the lips. "Thanks, baby! You're the best!"

Most of the people who were forced to watch this public display of affection had black lines. Some were jealous, others were heartbroken, and there were a few with glowing eyes full of eagerness. Was this what they called a CP3!?

That bit done, the Dragon God Elior faced the crowd again. "Firstly, gender change is now available..."

After a brief explanation, Elior gave Jun a Gender Changer so he could show the crowd how it worked. With abundant enthusiasm—not really—he used the Gender Changer and turned into a girl.

|Dearest Host, congratulations on completing the Hidden Mission! Once you complete the Main Mission, you'll be able to live in this world under the lifetime protection period.|

Jun didn't respond to the system as he was occupied. "..."

Elior held his chin in his hand, a thoughtful expression on his face. "You look good as a girl, but I still prefer the male you better."

"Me too," said Azazel as he gave Jun another Gender Changer. The next second, he was back to being a male again. All the while his face didn't change one bit from an unamused one.

"The next piece of news is: all gear will now no longer be gender restricted!" Both these pieces of news were shocking. That is, people who regretted their gender choice can now change it as many times as they wanted, so long as they were willing to spend money. Gear no longer being restricted by gender also meant that many new combinations and possibilities in their avatar configuration had just become available.

Different gear had different stats and bonuses. The arena would be very interesting the next few weeks and perhaps there would even be changes to the player rankings. This was what the normal players were thinking, but those with minds like Elior who had come up with the idea...

Jun looked at the item being displayed in front of him, a "gift" from Elior. It was one-of-a-kind gear with really good stats and bonuses.

Attack +25%
Defense +150%
Luck +300
Bonus 1: Damage protection period first 30 seconds.
Bonus 2: Pain immunity for the first 30 seconds.

It was cheating and would have been great had it not been for the fact that it was a schoolgirl uniform. But then again, it had been a while since he wore female clothes, and it was exactly the style he liked—the Oxford kind with the built-in petticoat for the skirt. Elior knew him too well.

'Dammit.' Jun equipped the uniform with clenched hands. On his slender body, it fit just right. Some of the pretty boy archer fanboys and fangirls felt blood dripping down their nose and without looking away, wiped them with the back of their hands.

"Babe, there's also this." Azazel held out a pair of black cat ears and a cat tail.

Attack +25%
Defense +150%
Luck +300
Bonus 1: Status effect shield for the first 30 seconds.
Bonus 2: Status effect reflection for the first 30 seconds.

'Heh. Another cheat.' Jun gladly put on the stupid cat ears and tail. It wasn't as if he hadn't had them before. Azazel couldn't control himself and kissed Jun on the cheek, giving the cat ears a rub and causing Jun to tremble at the sensation. "Babe, you look so good."

"Yeah, yeah..." Though he tried to act and look nonchalant, he ended up blushing. It had been a while since he received such affection.

Elior smiled at the sight of those red cheeks. "Lastly, the marriage system has been upgraded and now everyone may have multiple marriage partners, up to a maximum of 3. Don't play too hard and cause too much drama, dear players."

Jun looked at Elior with some surprise. That sounded a little bit like...

|System?|

|... Yes, Host?|

|Nevermind.|

|...|

"That said, we will be holding our marriage ceremony tomorrow. There will be some special raffle prizes, so feel free to come."

Done with speaking, Elior wrapped an arm around Jun's waist and disappeared along with Azazel. Except for a few people, the crowd below and everyone else watching the broadcast was too busy excitedly talking about the new update to care.

Elior had teleported them to Windy Meadows, currently devoid of people. They were standing next to a small lake surrounded by a few trees. Though this was his first time at this location, Jun felt there was something a little familiar about this place...

Marmimir...?

(A/N: A made-up word combining Icelandic "marr," which can mean "sea, ocean, or lake" and "mimir" derived from Old Norse, meaning "memory.")

While Jun was distracted, Elior took out a small, wooden box with an intricately carved dragon and put it in Jun's hand, displaying what was inside—an ear stud inlaid with a Heliodor gemstone.

(A/N: Heliodor or golden beryl. Heliodor means "a gift from the sun.")

Holding out a similar wooden box with a carved wolf, Azazel's contained an ear stud with a red diamond inlaid. Jun only knew what gemstones had been used because of the item information being displayed. The two men had discussed this ahead of time, not wanting to fight over the details of a ring.

(A/N: Red diamonds are super rare and expensive, more so than blue diamonds.)

"Marry me?" They both asked at the same time.

"Do I have a choice?" Jun asked, his voice layered with amusement. They had technically been married before as "mates" in the last world, but this was the first time he received a proper proposal.

"Baby, you always have a choice."

"But do choose us." Azazel beckoned with his eyes.

Laughing, Jun took the ear studs and immediately equipped them. The additional cheat stats were a bit ridiculous. Would anyone dare to try and PK him once the effects were exposed?

"Yes. It's always a yes."

A/N: Yup. There's a reason why Azazel and Elior are obsessed with marriage but you gotta wait until the real world arc. 😉

24