Lady Letitia 3
4.7k 33 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That bastard prince was here, but I couldn’t care any less about it. A usual day or not, my mongrel was here, and that would do. However, that fucking mongrel wasn’t jealous in the least. I had always thought that servants who don’t show emotions were commendable, but I wasn’t really feeling good about this. That goofy grin wasn’t helping it, and I was trying my best to suppress the rage that was about to blow up. Anger at my mongrel for not getting jealous.

“I met her two days ago,” the bastard said, and I felt his stares even when I wasn’t looking at him. Those dirty gazes roamed around my body, and how I wish my mongrel would do that. The thought buried the rage, and I suppressed the blush creeping up my face at the thought. But when I thought about my mongrel staring at other women, all the blush instantly turned to anger. This perverted bastard wasn’t helping, but I maintained a calm expression throughout the exchange.

That was my mother’s teachings ingrained in me. The one of nobility that didn’t let me lose my composure even when the worst situation demanded it. My mongrel had tainted me to become unruly, but deep-seated habits are hard to ignore.

I stared at my mongrel, who was standing behind the prince, nonchalant like always as if he was wasn't bothered about the abnormal development that was taking place here.

“Her presence graced my door, her countenance shrouded in a strange gleam that blinded me at first sight. I felt her warm gaze melting my frozen heart that was in search of love destined to stay with me for eternity. Not thousands of suns could compare to the beauty she eludes, and not thousands of kingdoms can quench the yearning I have for her. She and she alone can fulfill the longing in this prince’s heart.”

I imagined my mongrel saying those words, and the thought subdued my urge to claw at the pervert’s face. I had trimmed my nails, and I regretted letting Rudolf do it. Nonetheless, I felt at ease because I knew as long as I didn’t want to get married, my mongrel would protect me from gods. Though, for his selfish purposes, but I didn’t mind. Because I would keep him beside me for equally egotistic purposes.

Obesession or not didn’t make a difference because he was mine, and I would lock him up in chains if he ever planned on leaving. After cutting his legs and gouging his eyes so that only I would be able to look at him. That’s why I wanted to learn magic so that I could find ways to bind his overpowered spells and keep him locked beside me.

“It was then I realized all the beautiful concubines of my harem wouldn’t compare to her. Nor the courtesans, who are well known for their splendor. I don’t find the scar on her face repulsive, for it is her eyes that have entrapped my long-lost heart. This prince wishes to marry your daughter Marquis, and I am sure I will regret it for eternity should I let go of her hand and let some other men have it.”

The chandelier overhead creaked, and I wished it would cater to my needs already to end the farce. The great room had always been my nemesis, and the portrait of the former general and his son opposite me only nauseated me. The steaming mugs of coffee failed to ease me because my mongrel hadn’t prepared them. The maids who had set them were standing beside him, though not touching, but too close. Too damn close.

The couch failed to offer any solace, for on my right was the vile bitch, and on the chair perpendicular was the Marquis. I had faintly expected them to reject this marriage because that bastard prince was known for being a playboy all along. Faintly, though, because I knew my naïve self was waiting for her hopes to get crushed, and they did sooner than I could elevate them.

“No, your highness,” Marlica said. “It is our honor to comply with this marriage. She has quite the reputation in the Academy, but she is an adorable child at heart.”

I hate myself at moments like these for being that naïve girl who knows no better than to trust her mother’s words. They were wrong! I want to shout at her face, but I never will, and this fucking naïve bitch will never accept it.

“Am I, bitch?” I asked curtly before settling my eyes back on my mongrel. “How come you never said it before?”

“She loves to tease her stepmother, your highness, and her language can be a bit crude. But she is a soft person at heart. I can assure you that you will have a harmonious life with her. Life has been harsh to her, but thanks to us, she has grown up to become a fine young lady. She loves to spend her time in solitude, so you don’t need to mind her reclusiveness, your highness,” the vile bitch said.

Damn it! This farce needed to end, or I might really tease her to death.

The prince laughed, and it sounded dreadful. If people call this melodic, then they really need some spanking.

“She’s everything I want in my wife, lady Marlica. I’ll send over the betrothal gifts in a couple of days, and we can move ahead with the marriage after she graduates–“

“She won’t graduate this year, so you can push the date earlier.”

I sincerely hope he’d be alive to see graduate. But I doubt it, given that his frolics were annoying me more and more each passing day. Father or not didn’t really matter because I didn’t choose him.

“Then this prince thanks Marquis,” the prince said. “Lady Letitia, would you show me your courtyard?”

As much as I hated this crazy bastard, there was no way I was going to let my personal judgment implicate my mongrel or me. If I needed him dead, then my mongrel would do it discreetly. There was no need for face slapping or showing dominance. Only ignorant indulged in such pointless deeds while sentinels enjoyed carnage. That’s what my mongrel says.

“Then follow us, your highness,” I said as we ambled toward the western courtyard, the prince too close for my taste, so I moved to the other side of my mongrel, much to the bastard’s dissatisfaction. 

We led him to the newly cleaned room instead of my own because I didn’t really like men stepping into my room. Nevertheless, I wished my mongrel would stay inside longer. Maybe throughout the night. The thought sounded enticing, but I knew better than to show it on my face.

 “Which peasant dares stay in the same room as this prince?” the prince snapped.

“He dares because I need him beside me, all the time, even in my bed, your highness,” I said because it was time to make it clear that I didn’t intend to get married. And making use of my mongrel came naturally.

The prince’s expression flickered, and he moved closer to me, his filthy hands almost touching my cheek. I didn’t move since I knew my mongrel would step forth, even if it meant getting beheaded. Surely, Rudolf held the prince’s hand, but a fist landed across his face faster than I could see, and guards rushed in almost immediately, holding swords over my mongrel.

My fist needed a release, but the bleeding lips on my mongrel’s face enticed me more. They looked good. I always thought blood was grotesque, but now I wasn’t sure anymore. The blood on my mongrel’s lips looked so damn good.

‘Kiss him, Leti,’ I remembered Beth’s nonchalant words. ‘See if he pushes you away. If he does, order him around like a dog until he succumbs to your demands.’

“This servant is sinful, your highness,” he genuflected. “But my lady doesn’t like to be touched.”

I walked to him and pulled him up by his arms after defecting the swords with my bare hands. My left palm started to bleed, and my mongrel’s grey hair was tainted red within seconds, maybe more than one, as I pulled him by his hair and licked his lips.

They felt soft, and I felt warm all over my body, my lower body pulsing for a release already. I bit his lower lip softly at first, my own tongue tracing his lips before blood seeped into my mouth. His blood. It made me feel ecstatic before I felt a jolt over my body, and I suppressed the moan because I didn’t want anyone to hear it. I bit his wound harder this time, hoping to drink more of his blood, but the tender feeling of his lips held me back. So damn tender and unused because they were waiting for me.

For me alone because my mongrel was made for me.

I pulled back hesitantly, embarrassment and lust all mixed into one when my mongrel cleared the blood from my chin. I licked his finger and then his own chin and looked at the prince with a stoic expression. That took considerable effort, but I was glad I was a noble at times like these because carving new faces came naturally.

“I detest being touched by anything other than my mongrel. So, I cannot marry you, your highness. Because I don’t indulge in adultery.”

“I like you even more, lady Letitia,” he moved closer, and my mongrel stopped his advance. He earned a stronger punch, but my mongrel didn’t even budge because he had expected it.

The guards stood before us now, once the prince retreated, and I pulled my mongrel’s tailcoat, warning him that bloodshed wasn’t welcomed in residence.

“It’s all right,” the prince said, laughing. Though, he didn’t know that I had just saved his fucking head. “This prince likes hard women, and if you already have experience in bed, it makes marrying you more worth it. Train her well, peasant, for I need her more than to just warm my bed.”

He whispered something in my mongrel’s ears, but I was too occupied with my erratic thoughts. My mongrel hadn’t pushed me away. Never before had I felt so much joy. Even if it was just passing curiosity for him, it didn’t matter. I would seduce him every damn day until he couldn’t resist my lips. Like bread.

I stared at him for a while, and I turned to walk out before he could notice my blush.

“Wipe that blood from your lips and don’t heal my wound,” I paused at the door. “And remember what I said. I don’t need your love.””

Only your lips would suffice for now. Everything else could wait.

He nodded and smiled brightly. “What should we do about the prince, my lady?”

“Is that even a question?” I walked back from the door and pulled him by his collar, resisting my urge to violate his lips all over again. But they were waiting to be eaten by me, so it wasn’t easy. “Anyone who disrespects you or your lady is courting for death. So, chop his head and hang it on the front gates. And if his beloved concubines stop you, hang them beside him.”

“I understand,” He said seriously. “Please look forward to it, my lady. I’ll make him grovel before freeing him from his misery.”

I stormed out of the room and entered my chamber after slamming the door shut. A pillow was all I needed to get rid of the blush, and I had plenty of them in my room. It didn’t do much good even after I buried my face for a while, for my lips still had his lingering warmth, and my tongue, the taste of his blood.

Character Analysis:

Lady Letitia comes off as an extremely possessive yandere, but she’s not quite just that. Her bearing as an aristocrat comes first to her, so unlike most of the yandere, she does not act sweetly toward her love interest. Nor is she bent on doing everything for the sake of her love interest. You could say it’s a side effect of making her aristocratic, but it was essential for her character to get a place amongst the nobility.

She doesn’t take a no for an answer from Rudolf because she stubbornly believes that he is her servant first and then the love interest. It will take time for her to come out of that mindset. So, on one side, she wants no one to disrespect him, but she refuses to ultimately think about his happiness. Because she is selfish, like all aristocrats. Her happiness comes first to her, just like Rudolf, who thinks about his own amusement.

Under the normal scenario, this would have been an extremely toxic relationship, but undead’s passiveness is the key in sustaining whatever subtle balance they have.

It's a sweet relationship on the surface, but with a much darker undertone that neither of the characters address.

From the drama side, as promised, there'll be none. Her feelings toward undead will mature, that's all. As for Rudolf, well, this author will let nature takes its course.

Thank you for the edits @blox77.

Best,

Semi

 

141