Chapter 1: 300 days…
415 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Hi, my name is Tou–ah, I forgot. I GOT ISEKAID!!! Ah well, that's that I guess... MY ASS!!! FUCKFUCKFUCK I GOT ISEKAID INTO THIS SHITTY WORLD I'M GONNA FUCKING DIEEEEEE!!!'

"Uwaaaaah!!! Uwaaaaah!!!"

"H-honey! Riel's crying again!"

"But Leila's asleep!"

"Mmm... Mom? Papa? What's going on?"

"Ah, Leila! You woke up at the right time! Riel's crying again!"

"Oh, give him to me."

"Thanks a lot, Leila! You've saved us."

"Heeey Rieeeel~ Nee-chan's here~ Everything's gonna be alright~"

"Riel stopped!"

"Thank you, Leila!"

"It's fine~ This is what a nee-chan does, right? Yawn~ I'm gonna go back to sleep now~"

'Ahem, I apologize for that commotion. It turns out, whenever I feel extremely upset or sad, I start crying uncontrollably and the only one who can stop it is Nee-chan. I don't know why only Nee-chan stops the crying, but maybe it has something to do with my parents. Yeah, that's it! It's probably because Papa seems like such an unreliable person and Mother is just too scary, although she did seem angelic back then. Well, 'tis the life of a baby.

Wait a second, I swear I was talking about something else... Ah! Sorry, as I said before, I seem to have died and been reborn into an alternate world, or as the media would call it, an isekai. Now, how do I know this? Well, first off, I have memories of my past life, my life as a normal Japanese high school boy. Second off, I know that I have died. As for why I was reborn, I have no clue. Contrary to popular belief, there wasn't a beautiful goddess that gave you a run-down on what you're supposed to do nor were there any cheats that were given to me. I was just brought into this world as a baby. It did not help that my first memory as a baby was my own birth... Eurgh...

Anyways, as for the cause of death, I have no fucking clue how I died. Whether it was slipping in the bathroom and hitting my head on the toilet, getting stabbed by a robber because I saved a girl, or good ol' truck-kun, personally I prefer the latter two, I have no recollection of my actual death. "Why am I so sure about my death?" you may ask. Well, that's because whenever I try to recall my death–'

"Uwaaaaah!!!"

"Oh no, not again."

"Leilaaaaa!!!"

...

...

'Once again, I apologize for the interruption, Anyways, whenever I try to think of my death, my body feels an instinctive fear. No, it's much more than that, but I would rather not think about this topic any longer, which is funny considering this is the third time I said so. Anyways, back to the topic. The third reason as to why I know that this is an isekai is because I know what this world is. This world is the world where a certain otome game takes place in, and unfortunately, I play a very important role. I am one of the capture targets, the one who experiences the most loss.

Now, why do I know that this is an otome game? Well, that's because of what I heard my mother call me. She called me Riel, a name that I recognize, a name that holds great importance to me. Riel is the name of one of the capture targets in the hit otome game "Only I can see Love" with over a million downloads on release. Now, you may ask, why the hell is a teenage male playing an otome game?! And to that I say, I don't fucking know! I didn't play the damn game! It just so happens that my best friend, a girl I call Ota-chan, plays that game a lot and, by her words, not mine, simps for Riel. And lemme tell ya, it's to one hell of a fucking degree. I've once entered her room, and it was a sight to behold. Posters, figurines, shirts with his face on them, and some concerning pieces of media. All of those were on display, mostly because I came in unannounced, but you get the gist of it.

Anyways, because she relentlessly keeps on talking about just how dreamy Riel is, about 90%, no, 99% of the plot concerning Riel is pretty much stuck in my head. And to put it simply, Riel's childhood was not the best.

In a world where magic, castles, and demons exist, in a kingdom ruled by royalty and governed by the nobility, Riel is of simple birth. In other words, he's part of the 99%. But despite being a commoner, he and his family live a simple and happy life in a village a few days from the capital, that is, until a black magician decided to ruin his life by killing all the residents, except him and his sister, Leila. We then find out later that that black magician was a no-name among common-folk, but somehow, after the attack, he had become one of the most nefarious villains to have ever plagued the kingdom, no, the entire continent, And that same black magician, became the main antagonist of the game.

Following the attack, Riel and his sister fled the village and ended up in a random city. And thus, Riel, at the age of ten, was orphaned and homeless. Leila, fifteen years of age, became his sole family and guardian. Despite losing everything, Leila found solace and determination in Riel's life, dedicating the rest of hers to Riel's. She would beg, work, and even steal, and all of this was for Riel's sake. Time went by, and 2 years later, despite aimlessly roaming the streets, they were happy, that is, until another tragedy struck. Leila had caught a disease. She became ill which meant that she was unable to work. Due to this, Riel became the sole provider. Working endlessly, begging relentlessly, stealing occasionally, he did everything to keep Leila alive. However, being a mere child on the streets, he could not save her. Riel Lostbelt, at the young age of twelve, had lost all his family and was alone.

Riel, who had lost all desire to live, only kept on living because of Leila's final words. "Live on, be happy", she said. But all Riel did was live for he forgot what it was to be happy. Scarred by his memories, he left the city and began wandering aimlessly. Riel himself had no attachment to life, but he kept on living. He faced numerous situations that should have filled him with despair, but he did not as one cannot know despair without knowing hope. Through these perilous situations, he had unknowingly grown in strength, as if finally tapping into his true potential. However, as his skills grew stronger, his soul grew weaker. Slowly but surely, he became akin to that of a machine, a soulless husk, driven not by desire but by duty.

Eventually, after a year of wandering, he found himself in the capital. However, to say that he arrived there with his own feet might be wrong.

A week before he arrived at the capital, he was met with slave traders. Despite his speedy growth, Riel was simply outclassed and outnumbered. As he was defeated, Riel had resigned himself to his fate with the only thought in his head being "What a shame". However, contrary to his expectations, his life was spared but became a slave. After a week of being treated like the product that he is, the carriage carrying him arrived at the capital.

Riel, silently laying among the other slaves, was awoken by the sound of fighting. The carriage had stopped and unfamiliar people had appeared. In contrast to the unkempt and barbaric slave traders, these people had noble and righteous appearances. One man who had a big stature and rugged face, with a gentle smile, said "You are free". All of the slaves had rejoiced, some crying, some screaming names of dead loved ones. All, except one. In the middle of all the chaos, there was only one person, no, one human who remained calm, no, still. The gentle giant and the soulless husk had made eye contact. From Riel's eyes, there was nothing, but from the man's eyes, boundless pity. Eventually, after all of the chaos had died down, the man who was the knight who led the operation against the slave smuggling, decided to adopt the pitiful child. The man's name was Grant Hughes.

Grant, having neither children nor spouse, decided to adopt Riel since he reminded him of himself. After learning of his past, Grant who had also experienced the loss of loved ones thought that it was his duty to save him, but alas, he never could. All he could do was try to give the child a normal life. He then found out about Riel's talent and started teaching him. He taught him swordplay, hired a tutor to teach him academics, and asked a friend to teach him magic. He then made Riel take the exams for Aerith Academy, where he would meet the one that would save him.

Yada yada fall in love, yada yada give him purpose in life, yada yada make him feel human again, that stuff. Anyways, that's basically Riel's life story. I know this word for word because a certain someone just couldn't keep shut about their favorite png. Back then, I thought of it as just plain annoying, but now, I'm grateful. Well, I kinda wish that I didn't know about this cause now I'm scared as shit. You know what they say, ignorance is bliss. Man, I just wanna go home. My mediocre life, my mediocre family, my mediocre self, that stuff, I miss it. Mostly because I wasn't facing impending doom back there, but I digress.

Now, what am I gonna do about this? I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM? A LIGHT NOVEL MC? FUCK NO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'

"Leilaaaaa!"

"Got it!"

'I'm sorry for that. Being a baby sucks. It's boring and there's nothing to do, which is probably why I'm having an internal monologue like I'm talking to someone. This is basically all I can do. Just speaking to myself. All alone. Heck, it's only the third day and I'm already losing my mind. Wait a minute, this sounds familiar. Hold up! ISN'T THIS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS! HAHAHAHA!!! I'M NOT LOSING MY MIND, I'VE ALREADY LOST IT! THIS IS THE SAME MONOLOGUE I'VE BEEN REPEATING SINCE DAY ONE!!!'

...

...

'I am so tired of this entire crying bullshit. Wait, no. I'm just tired in general. I guess this is a perk of being a baby. Well, goodnight I guess,'

And thus, another day has passed. And of course, the same thing happened over and over again until Riel finally learned how to control his temper after 267 days. 

19