Chapter 40
49 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You see, Timothy, that is the name you are using now right? I spent all of this time enjoying feasting on all of your relatives and even many of your allies. Lucky for me, after eating so many humans that had a high amount of energy within their body, I went through my own little transformation. It pleased me so much that I have decided to train and grow as strong as possible and to even pass down such an ability to all of my children. Slowly, we will invade other worlds like yours and continue eating and growing our forces until there are no humans left!"

"But you do not have to worry about any of that since you are so weak and pathetic, that I would be surprised if you would be able to survive this little match. I hate to admit it, but it seems that humans have continued to evolve enough to cause a so-called legendary figure from one world to be considered complete trash in another. So how about you beg me to lend you a hand and maybe just maybe if you worship me for the rest of your life and lick my feet clean every day I will consider keeping you alive long enough to possibly turn you into a demon as well!"

The demon continued to ridicule Timothy, bombarding him with words as well as many horrific specifics on every person in his previous life that he knew and what was done to each of them. Every human according to the demon was now being treated less than animals and many would be tortured while screaming Timothy's name for help but their cries would eventually fade away into nothingness as their souls dried up from the mental and physical pain of it all.

"So, that is how it is. No wonder I have had a strange feeling in my stomach since the last time we had spoken." Timothy could only say this quietly as his body started to let out a faint glow. The demon who was originally laughing started to hear its laughter slowly become quieter and quieter.

"How, how could this be? Why after all of the planning and hard work I put into this, have the heavens bestowed on you that ability?" The demon was clearly upset, but Timothy almost could no longer hear it's cries as the flow of time began to shift back to normal, except, Timothy now felt as if he had the power to destroy an entire city with a single swing of his sword. As Nick's claws were about to reach his neck, Nick felt that something was seriously off as he quickly retreated in the opposite direction to avoid what it was that he felt coming from Timothy's body.

"Disciple, since when have you had the Sovereign Blessing? Only those who are purely righteous and born to lead a generation into a golden age of prosperity can be given such a gift from the heavens! In thousands of past lives you have lived, you must have completed countless tests to have one of the top ten abilities handed down to you on a golden platter!" The artifact was freaking out but it was clear that not a single person in the stadium understood what Timothy was doing whether it was a secret technique or a combat ability, or even a bloodline ability.

None of that mattered to Timothy, as he locked eyes with Nick who was now drenched in sweat as his face was twitching. "I…. I…. Surrender!" Once Nick announced that he chose to surrender, the light that was slowly becoming brighter coming from Timothy's body had begun to slowly fade until there was no sign of it left. Nick quickly hopped off the stage and headed out of the stadium as if he felt that he had just danced with the grim reaper and no longer wanted any part of that. Such a heavy mental blow would remain in Nick's soul and badly hurt his future accomplishments until he learned that being on the line between life and death was common for cultivators and one could not be afraid of such minor matters that occurred every day for many.

"The winner is the Masked Fighter who now has the qualification to enter into the top four!" All the referee could do was declare the winner of the match as a doctor quickly headed up onto the stage to check Timothy out to make sure that nothing was wrong. Timothy after an entire minute blinked several times and followed the doctor off of the stage. In order to make sure that Timothy was able to compete in the top four match, the three judges who partook in the tournament chose to have a thirty minute break after the other three matches were concluded. It was also because during another match, the winner had some very deep wounds even though they in fact won their match that needed to be given emergency treatment.

"Do you really not remember what had happened? Very well, what matters right now is that you feel fine and that you had won your match. According to the announcement, your next match will be against a rank two warrior so I would suggest you taking the time to become more accustomed to fighting against an equally matched opponent who is also a warrior as a warrior. Only if you see a wide enough opening in this next match will you be able to use your mana and a fire element technique."

The artifact was somewhat confused that Timothy claimed that he had no idea what happened other than the fact that he had won his match and that the doctor escorted him off of the stage. But one of the cultivators it had served in the past explained to it what they had known at the time about the Sovereign Blessing ability. Such an ability was only passed down by the heavens itself to those who had gone through countless lives and had passed countless amounts of tests concerning living the righteous path. Though it was considered a top ten ability in the universe, throughout history those who were able to use it could not tap into the ability on their own, rather something had to occur for it to show itself.

"I agree with you master. Not only do I agree with you, but somehow my body feels much lighter than it has ever been previously when not even wearing armor. I still do not understand what had just happened, but I feel at least ten percent stronger and the battle qi in my body feels as if it is calling out to me, requesting that I answer its thirst for battle!"

4