Chapter 41
39 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After it was confirmed that both Timothy who was known under the name Masked Fighter and the other contestant were both back to their peak conditions, it was time for the short break to end while the spectators all arrived back and even three hundred additional audience members paid the price to watch the remainder of the tournament. Usually tournaments concerning rank two cultivators were not very popular since rank three and above tournaments were happening daily which would obviously outshine them.

This all changed after Timothy was seen using a strange ability that caused his opponent Nick who was seemingly going easy on him and would win to surrender immediately as well as the blood soaked battle between two contestants from opposing organizations that had a deep feud for over an entire century against each other. This was enough for word to spread quickly throughout the entire coliseum and it was enough for even some who were not present but within the city to hear about everything and headed over immediately.

Timothy's opponent's name was Kai and the youth was fifteen years old and had very strange looking yellow eyes like he was part beast. The only information that could be gathered beforehand was that Kai was from an ancient clan in another empire who was known to actually tame tiger type demonic beasts and would even use abilities very similar to those that they had tamed over the many millennia that they had existed as a clan. No one knew why such an individual would even be entering into a tournament for a weapon as a grand prize, but it was speculated that it was only to test his own limits or to at least test those around his age group.

Just like Nick, Kai actually did not use a weapon either which bothered Timothy enough to not withdraw his ordinary sword. If there was ever a time to test out this new strength and confidence of his, it would be against an opponent from an ancient clan that was secretive enough for no one to know too many fine details about them. Like the previous matches, the referee quickly counted down and had the two begin their match. The only difference this time, was that it looked like a small group of followers were spectating close to the stage on the side he walked up on.

Circulating the battle qi in his body, Timothy quickly begun moving towards Kai while pushing the remaining battle qi into the rest of his body in case he needed to defend against him but also so he was ready to take advantage of any potential openings. It was strange, but Kai seemed to be circulating the battle qi in his body, but did not take a single step forward and also did not even move a single muscle on his body.

"If you are going to gift me such an opening, do not blame me for taking advantage of it!" Timothy shouted out as he landed in front of Kai and with every drop of energy he could fill his right fist with, he launched a single punch towards Kai's chest. However, before the blow could properly land, Kai opened his mouth and a loud and freighting roar came out along with a white tiger demonic beast illusion behind his body. Not only did Timothy at this moment give up on the exchange, but he quickly retreated backwards as a strange little gust of wind pushed him backwards as well.

Kai was clearly not a mage, but how was it possible that he was able to unleash what looked to be equivalent of a wind element technique? Such questions had begun to fill Timothy's mind along with the fact that the illusion of the demonic beast looked to be legitimate. "It looks like he really is from an ancient clan. His clan must have come into contact with a very special technique that I once heard about concerning how a human would be able to take the abilities from a certain species of demonic beasts and make their innate abilities their own. It looks like this will be a tough battle because that white tiger demonic beast illusion seems to be from a rank three demonic beast!"

Hearing the artifact's explanation threw Timothy mentally off guard but at least majority of the questions he had were now answered. The only problem was, if Kai was able to call upon what was equivalent to the strength of a rank three demonic beast, wouldn't that mean that he was going to easily beat Timothy down? This did not stop Timothy from simply shaking his head to shoo away such thoughts as he once more headed towards Kai unarmed.

In his last match, just showcasing that single move was enough to make Kai's last opponent surrender immediately following it since the technique smashed into one's soul rather than their physical body. It was a technique called White Tiger Roar which he was able to learn by drinking the blood of a rank three tiger type demonic beast and absorbed its demonic soul using a special technique that his clan had passed down for many generations. The one issue with the technique itself, was that when one outgrew an ability and it no longer was beneficial to the cultivator, they would have no choice but to hunt down even stronger demonic beasts if they wanted to continue to take advantage of the technique throughout their lives.

The only reason that Kai was able to do this with a rank three demonic beast even when he was not even a rank one warrior, was because the blood in Kai's veins came from several generations of the same family specifically using the technique with tiger type demonic beasts. In this way, Kai's eyes were not normal which showed that he already was born with the bloodline and only needed a compatible demonic beast to do the ceremony with. In doing so, he was able to tap into the rank three demonic beast's strength completely and by doing so, he barely needed to train since his foundation was already built for him during his birth.

3