Chapter 43
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Something seemed off, Timothy before he could even take the first step towards exiting the stage, a big energy wave locked onto him and he felt as if he was unable to move his body at all. The referee and higher ranked spectators all saw that was happening, and in a single breath of time, four of the rank six experts who were in Kai's corner entered onto the stage while the referee who was a rank five expert along with eight rank four experts who were obviously employed by the coliseum as well stood behind him in order to protect Timothy from danger.

As obvious as it was, that a rank five expert and eight rank four experts would pose no real match to four rank six experts, the referee along with the others behind him did not seem too bothered by how badly they were currently outmatched. Rather, the referee withdrew a token and after seeing the token in his hand, the elder who held Kai in her arms told the other four experts to not do anything detrimental.

"In our coliseum, we do not usually let off those who are willing to break our rules due to who they wanted to achieve victory falling short of it. Since you have respected my token enough to accept this defeat, you can be assured that I will be visiting your clan in the future to meet with your Patriarch to let him know my appreciation. However, if you act while in our coliseum against this youth, do not blame this old one to visit your Patriarch requesting a certain level of compensation that none of you would be able to give!"

Hearing a distance but ancient voice, caused everyone in the stadium to shudder including those who were above rank five. There was a rumor that this particular coliseum was owned and operated by a rank seven expert who was also a dual expert. Not only that, but it was a rumor that this expert was simply watching over the coliseum as a favor to an old friend who was much stronger than they were. The token had on the old expert's insignia and since the ancient clan members were able to recognize it or at the very least the strongest one in the group, it was clear that the expert was just someone not many were willing to cause trouble for. What was strange, was the ancient clan was not in the empire but a different one. Wouldn't that mean the expert watching over the coliseum, was possibly world renowned?

"You can trust that we will let you Patriarch to expect you in the near future. Everyone, let's head out we have accomplished what we needed to here." Timothy finally felt that he could move his body and was given fifty gold coins by the referee and was told that after the tournament he could visit him in order to claim another apology gift for what had just occurred. It was normal for the coliseum to have overreactive family or organization members every so often, but Timothy was nearly killed and only because the ancestor stepped in, that the coliseum was able to uphold their reputation of protecting every contestant no matter the situation.

Many people liked the coliseum due to them having this type of revered reputation, but many also did not like them as well since they would protect those who were even too heavy handed against their opponents. Even if the coliseum would make sure that said contestant who suffered a terrible injury were healed properly, it did not mean that in some cases it was an instant recovery. If it was not for the fact that they were so successful to even have those from other empires attend tournaments like Kai and his group, the coliseum would have run out of entrants a long time ago.

It took Timothy over thirty minutes to reach his peak strength once more and during this time he was allowed to bathe in a herbal bath that was known to rejuvenate a cultivator's body. Since he had made it to the finals and even considering the mishap that occurred, Timothy realized that a normal contestant would not be given such treatment. He however proved himself in a tournament that had over four hundred entrants and was in the top two. Having such a cultivator be a regular was to the coliseum's benefit which was most likely why they were treating him so well.

Keeping his personal information private was a must for the coliseum and those who knew about it who were employed by the coliseum, however this did not mean that they did not know everything about Timothy since he had to register under his own name. Being from the Grey Imperial Academy as a student was common knowledge and it did not take much digging to find this information since he was in the second year class which was information that was distributed to anyone who requested it. What was working for Timothy in this case, was that he was a commoner who had no true relationship with any organization!

Besides not having a last name due to being a commoner and just having no time to think of one, Timothy being independent meant that the coliseum had a chance of building their own relationship with him and if he would continue growing, the owner and board members of the coliseum would want Timothy to enter as many tournaments and matches as he could so that the coliseum would be able to have a higher chance of retaining anything they placed as a grand prize depending on the rank he would be at the time.

It bugged Timothy that the artifact told him before graduating he most likely should not think of a last name because if he chose the wrong one, others might think he was directly or indirectly connected to some family that was enemies with them or even worse the family itself could have allies that were secretly plotting against the empire or a major force that Timothy would be unable to offend as his current self. And so, Timothy opted to create his own organization in the future and to use that organization's name as his last name in order to avoid any future troubles.

In this world, it was normal for cultivators and normal humans to not have last names and to be referred to their first name and the organization that they were part of. Plus, depending on one's rank, they would be given different nicknames within the organization that they would be able to use publicly in order for others to recognize them by their name alone. However, this was only if an organization was not a clan or sect or just a powerful noble family. Some influential noble families such as the Williams Family or the Davis Family would openly use their last names obviously matching their noble family's last name, but otherwise it was better for cultivators to come up with their own nickname followed by their first name to avoid any confusions.

2