Chapter 45
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although he had finally won the tournament and was even able to use a new ability he would be able to use in the future which would be much stronger thanks to the sword he had won as a grand prize, Timothy was feeling devastated. Sure it was cause for a personal celebration knowing that he had won a tournament with very formidable opponents that made him learn just how much stronger he could become before advancing to a new rank as a mage or warrior, but seeing that every one of the four thousand audience members could clearly see his face was very concerning.

Timothy could only quickly exit the stage and run back into a private room to await the grand prize and the three judges and referee quickly understood this as they announced that the tournament was now over and that everyone could leave the stadium. "Do not worry, there will not be many who would be willing to cause you any trouble and with that ancestor's protection within the coliseum itself, that Kai child's group would not act against you so casually and may even have gone out of their way to leave an expert present in the city to ensure you would not be killed while it would be blamed on them."

Hearing his master comfort him made Timothy feel much better but he still knew that word about his victory in the tournament would make it back to the Grey Imperial Academy and he would possibly even be scolded since he did not request permission to enter in the first place. The Grey Imperial Academy would normally allow those of rank three and higher with permission to enter into a tournament if they did not wish for said student to enter into the outside world given different sets of circumstances. In Timothy's case, he was not even a rank three cultivator so there was no telling just how much he would suffer even though he had won it all.

Glory may have been extremely important when it came to the Imperial Family, but it was considered a very bad thing if rules were broken by students because it was equivalent in spitting in the faces of the Imperial Family. The Imperial Family directly funded all of Grey Imperial Academy, and so by doing something so out of line, it was not something that could be easily forgiven. In a way, Timothy would have rather lost and had been badly injured so that he could at least use that excuse to get out of whatever trouble were to head his way.

"Ah, Masked Fighter, or shall I call you Timothy? I am sorry but we were unfortunately unable to keep your identity a secret but we have made sure to let everyone who was in the audience know your feelings towards having your identity exposed and many were willing to not spread the news around. Of course we were only able to do so much and it seems like your name will be added to different force's lists on who to keep a closer eye on in the future." Walking into his room was one of the three judges who was in charge of handing over the grand prize to the cultivator who would end up winning the tournament. She looked to be middle aged and Timothy was unable to gauge her rank as an expert which most likely meant that she was above rank five.

After discussing things with the woman, Timothy was informed that one of the teachers present from Grey Imperial Academy put in an emergency order by reassuring them that the Dean would hear that he had given him permission to enter into the tournament. Realizing that the teacher would take all of the blame and that Timothy had actually won the tournament, all that could be certain, was that he would not be in any kind of trouble but rather, he could enjoy whatever would come out of people learning that he had defeated such capable opponents.

The room he was in had many barriers which not even a rank six expert could easily break through, and so Timothy had decided to see just how much strength he would be able to use accompanied by the amount of power that his new sword wielded on its own. The judge put up her own small barrier to protect herself even though she claimed in confidence that Timothy's swing alone should not be able to do anything even to her clothes. A moment later, Timothy after grasping the sword and finding out that it was nearly perfect compared to the sword he had used as his sole weapon for several decades, was ready to unleash an attack.

Pouring some of his battle qi into the sword instead of mana, Timothy saw that the blade of his sword looked to be on fire as if it was not a steel blade, but a blade made out of oil and straw. With a single swing, Timothy ended up dropping the sword after unleashing only a third of his strength. The power unleashed from the sword alone with only a third of his overall battle qi inserted into it, he estimated would be enough to completely wipe out seven or eight rank two experts who were blocking the attack together in a formation!

"It seems like this is your first time using such a weapon which makes sense, but just know in the future that if you were to channel your battle qi and mana into the sword, it would unleash a very powerful attack, one that you may not be able to control. I would continue practicing with it by using only a fraction of your strength until you are used to it otherwise even in the outside world, you may cause more damage than you would want to and things would end up worse for you at that that time."

Timothy appreciated the feedback that the woman judge had given to him before she left him alone to do as he wished. Knowing his roommates, they would want to head out for the night once he returned to campus since several forces would more than likely during the time it would take him to get back even if he were to leave right away at full speed, would have inquired about him in person since there was only just so much a force could learn about someone they had interest in recruiting by their public records.

2