Chapter 47
159 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lone behold, this teenage girl who had a domineering personality and a look of disappointment with a wisp of anger on her face was indeed Nora, the girl who Timothy had clearly grown close to even though their backgrounds were worlds apart even now that Timothy was slowly showing his self-worth to the general public of Willow City. "So you chose to head out with your friends here without even inviting me? Maybe when we spoke about being friends the other day it meant very little to you?"

The upperclassmen feeling a bit overwhelmed since they knew very well who Nora's father was quickly backed away without saying anything and slightly bowing towards the trio and Nora. Instead of returning to their own table, the group of senior classmates headed out back to the Grey Imperial Academy. It was known that whenever Nora became upset at someone or a group of people, a big storm would follow close by and the last thing they wanted to do was to be caught up in such a crazy whirlwind!

However, Andrew and Ian along with the guards from the Rising Tides Merchant Group had no choice but to remain with strange looks on their faces as they watched for Timothy's reaction which would hopefully help calm down the scene. Onlookers including several elder level figures couldn't help but to stop what they were doing in order to eavesdrop. Nora's father may have been nowhere close to where Willow City was, but even with their own influence and reputation, there was absolutely no comparing them to the daughter of such a figure.

"I didn't want to bother you Nora and everything had happened so quickly. I promise you that next time instead of heading to my room to change out of my sweaty and dirty clothes, I will see you first. Heck, I would even be willing to guarantee you a long and drawn out hug as well!" Timothy knowing Nora's personality behind closed doors knew that he could play around with her in this fashion and due to his response, Nora for once was taken aback.

"Good, very good. As long as you admit your mistake, everything else can be forgiven. Now follow me because I have something to discuss with you. Unless you aren't willing to, then you will not be able to blame these two seniors of mine for forcefully bringing you along!" After pouting because she understood what Timothy was doing, Nora had to play along and was feeling rather pitiful. Since when was she put into a position where she had to say and do such things before?

With a big storm being avoided, Andrew and the rest instantly let out a breath of relief as Timothy stood up and grabbed Nora's hand before exiting the restaurant. Even her two guards seemed a bit confused but only followed along because it was clear that Nora did not give a signal or showed any contempt towards him. If they had felt that Timothy had gone too far, they would not have hesitated to break his arm in front of everyone present as a warning to those who were present.

"So, is it really true that you won that tournament today? Rumor has it that you offended the members of the White Tiger Clan who is an ancient clan who has had a very secret technique passed down for many generations from a powerful ancestor who had once saved a fallen god from a higher realm. It is said that thanks to this technique of theirs accompanied by many generations of a bloodline that merged with the demonic beast known as the White Tiger, it has been possible for them to have survived even through the dark ages when their own empire was yet to be considered one and only a large group of massive cities that repelled legions of demonic beast invasions."

"I'm afraid that not even the Imperial Family itself has the ability to stand up for you against them let alone my father so you must be careful. It's rare for their clan to make any kind of public appearances and would only send out delegates for political missions and from what my father's men could gather, that opponent of yours referred to as Kai is actually determined to be the second in line as a successor behind his older brother as the next Patriarch of their clan. I have no idea why they would send him out of all clansmen, but the defeat you gave him earlier today could mean more than you think. It is possible that he will have his own position within the clan questioned if it had not been already."

None of these things bothered Timothy directly, but it did go to show how certain traditions would be kept through countless generations when it came to clans who were able to survive and overcome the most drastic of circumstances. Nora's explanation interested him concerning how things operated in this world, and Timothy realized from this, that when he would start having kids of his own one day, that such power struggles behind the scenes may occur as well since it seemed fairly normal even for newly created forces.

The two were able to sit in a small forest area of Willow City that was filled with of course willow trees. It was this area that allowed the founder of the city to name it Willow City. From the records of back then, the cultivator was from a faraway place where demonic beasts hordes would be a constant danger to the survivals of the nearby humans. And so after going on a journey for many days and many nights leading, close to ten thousand humans from a collective of twenty five different factions, they stumbled upon this small forest. With the cultivator's lead, they chose to create a city using the forest as a source of natural energy to train and after one hundred days, the walls and many small buildings were finally built and their new lives had officially begun.

"You know Timothy, we will more than likely never be able to be together no matter how much I pester my father about it. But still, I would like you to promise me that we will always remain friends forever no matter what happens from here moving forward. If one of us hurts the other it can be considered to be broken, but as a bonus to this promise, I want to promise you that I want you to always look after me since your future seems even better than mine when it comes to being a cultivator."

Kissing her on the cheek for the second time since they had spoken, Timothy used the kiss as a sign that he promised. However, inside his mind he could not stop laughing to himself because not only was Nora's background heaven defying at this point in time to where no one would go out of their way to cause trouble for her, but she had broken into rank three as a mage which meant that she was now officially much stronger than he currently was which he would not want to openly admit.

As one advanced as a dual expert, they would be most likely able to defeat those of the same rank who were not dual cultivators themselves if the battle came down purely to their overall strength. However, it was almost impossible for a full powered rank three mage to lose a battle against a rank two dual expert since every rank generally made a cultivator at least two times stronger than the cultivator one rank below. This was also if a rank three mage broke through as recently as a day prior.

2