21 โ€“ Obligatory Time Skip
3.5k 21 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing we had to take care of was solving the issue of Celes streaming.

To start off with, I only had one VTuber model right now. And while I was still internally cringing at the thought of using it... I had done it once already, so there were expectations set. If the voice suddenly changed, things would go south pretty quick.

After all, there had been that exact same situation with Kizuna Ai, and while I *think* things went okay, that had been a scandal for a while.

Now, I wasn't anywhere near as big, but the beginning mattered for things like this.

Fortunately, I had the magic that was the Achievement Point Shop and a boatload of compensation to spend.

There were lots of items on sale... all at exorbitant prices.

Like, what the heck was a divine wish and why did it cost 10 million points...?

But anyway, the things I needed were still pretty pricy, but manageable.

After a lot of thinking, this was what I bought.

[Unquestionable Identity Credentials]
Cost: 10,000 Achievement Points
When used, adjusts the world to create an unquestionable identity and credentials for a specified person. Removes any complications that may arise from governmental inspections and other troublesome bureaucratic affairs.

[Expert Drawing]
Cost: 5,000 Achievement Points
The ability to draw anything at an expert professional level. Corrects skill level to suit, making actions instinctual.

[Expert Rigging]
Cost: 10,000 Achievement Points
The ability to rig models together at an expert professional level.
Corrects skill level to suit, making actions instinctual.

That left me with 5000 Achievement Points to play around with. But what was important was that most of my concerns were solved.

The first item made it so that Celes had the right documentation to stay here... Though instead of her real name, it came out as Celes Muraki.

That gave me a lot of questions... but the documents were all legit. Passports, birth certificate... even an elaborate history about how her parents were killed and that she was staying with my family for the meanwhile.

...I wasn't sure how my dad felt about that, but since he didn't call me... It seemed like it worked? I'd find out when he inevitably called to check up on me.

...Though come to think of it, he hadn't called in a while. Maybe he really was busy with that business deal?

Anyway, the point was that Celes's situation was squared away.

That left the VTubing side of things. Mainly, creating her avatar.

The MIRAIZ app or whatever automatically converted the user into Anime form, but considering that Celes was a princess, we both decided that was too risky. Even if animefied, she was still readily recognizable.

Which left it up to me.

There were some more VTuber avatars on sale in the shop, but they were reaching the hundreds of thousands range at the minimum, with millions at the max.

Way too expensive for my poor high school self.

So instead, I decided to take the route all startup indie developers did:

Do it myself.

Which was what the skills were for. And after testing some stuff out...

"Not bad, but..." I looked out at the scene in front of me.

It was late at night. After sorting things out for Celes and making sure she knew what all of her documentation said... and after dealing with her ecstatic happiness at having Muraki as her last name after I explained where it probably came from, I had grabbed some spare paper and pencils to test out my skills.

Celes wanted to watch, but after some insistence, I managed to get her to go to sleep early while I burned the midnight oil.

And right now...

"I could probably make money just with this, but it's still far from being as good as Azura..."

Azura Stellaris was a crazy 3D model that perfectly turned a 2D character into real life. Even after grabbing the expert rigging skill as well as the drawing skill, I couldn't even begin to figure out how they made it.

...No, I could, but I also could tell just how far I was from being able to create something like that.

And if I was opening a VTuber agency, it wouldn't do to have a super fancy avatar for one person and then a mediocre one for another.

But...

"I guess we've gotta start somewhere."

I couldn't make a model as good as mine, but if we were just talking about the character design, my skills were acceptable. And who said we had to start streaming anyway? After all, the system said it helped me to make a VTuber 'Idol'. And idols started with songs, didn't they? So first...

I nodded and got to work.

"Since we have Azura Stellaris... How about Sylvia Lunaris? Gotta keep with the color and celestial body scheme..."

-VI|VI-

I stifled a yawn and adjusted my school bag around my shoulder.

Ren looked over at me from my left and frowned. "You alright, Kimura-san? You look exhausted."

From my right, Celes looked over as well, concern clear on her face. "Ren is right. You seem unwell... Did you stay up late again last night, Sen-sama?"

I waved my hand. "Don't worry 'bout it." I stifled another yawn and then took a look around.

We were walking on the usual path back to Ayumi Sensei's place. Something that had become a daily routine for us three.

I pulled out my phone to check the time. When I saw it, I muttered, "Summer's almost gone already, huh?"

It was Monday, August 23rd. A whole month gone in almost the blink of an eye.

Making cover songs, doing promo work, rigging Celes's new avatar...

Fortunately, I had a pretty decent physique. And I was young, so pulling those all-nighters didn't hurt me too much.

"Uh-huh..." Ren gave me a doubtful nod and then looked over at Celes. "You aren't the one keeping him up, are you, Celes? I get that you're basically his wife now, but it's no good to start that young."

Celes blushed and poked her index fingers together. "T-That... It is not like that Ren!"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Stop teasing her, Ren. With how cute and innocent Celes is, you might make her faint." I paused. "Though when did you and Celes get on casual first-name basis?"

Ren smirked and nudged my arm. "Why? You worried that I might steal your girl?"

"As if." I pushed him away and said, "And Celes isn't my girl. She's just a very good friend."

Celes's blush faded and she looked a bit disappointed.

Ren laughed and clapped a hand on my shoulder before leaning over. Looking at Celes, he whispered, "It's not good to be so tsun, Kimura-san. With someone as beautiful as Celes, and with how you look, you'll get into more trouble than not if you don't hold onto her."

I opened my mouth to refute him.

Then I stopped to think about it.

My best pal Ren also had girl issues. Because he was such a good guy and was the picture of a macho man, girls tripped all over themselves to get his attention since he was still available. But it was just girls.

Me on the other hand... Since I looked like how I did, I got attention from everyone. Which made it hard to get a proper girlfriend or even a regular friend since I got passes from guys and girls trying to pick me up.

But if I could make it clear that I wasn't available...

Celes looked over at me. "Sen-sama? Ren?"

I looked back at her and then nodded. I brushed off Ren's hand and then walked over to her. "Celes."

"Y-Yes?"

"You respect me, right?"

Celes blinked and nodded. "Of course."

"You want to help me out, right?"

Celes nodded again. "With all that I can!"

"Good. Then you're my girlfriend now."

Celes's eyes widened. "W-What?"

Ren facepalmed. "...And I thought that I was bad..."

[Note: User's intelligence has decreased.]

Shut it-! Oh wait, you're back?

[Note: User's intelligence has severely decreased.]

You goddamned son of a-!

Before I could finish that thought, I felt something warm grab my right arm. Celes.

She looked up at me with a bright smile and said, "T-Thank you, Sen-sama. I... I will do my best to make you happy!"

Ren clapped his hands and said, "Congratulations. I'll make sure to send you two wedding gifts later."

I pointed at Ren and said, "Shut up! I don't want to hear it!" After that, I glanced at Celes. Seeing her happy face, I felt my face heat up. "L-Let's just get going already. We're running late."

"Sure, Kimura-san. Ah, and by the way. Remember that VTuber I showed you a while back? Apparently, she's starting to cover a lot of old anime openings..."

@#$@!

[Note: Congratulations, User. I wish you well on your unique path to idol management.]

Shut it!

[Note: I missed you too.]

@$$%@#$!

Just realized the deadline for the competition is coming up. Well... time to do a speedrun. Let's see where this crazy train ends up.

124