24 โ€“ Idol agency arc is go!
4.1k 24 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in my room, I sat in front of my computer, setting up the rigging for Celes's avatar, Sylvia Lunaris. It was evening, around 5 PM.

Celes leaned over my shoulder, watching me work and said, "So this is how I will appear to them, Sen-sama?"

"Mmhm." I took a rice ball out of the bento that Sensei gave us before popping it into my mouth. After eating it, I said, "It's not the best, but it should be adequate... By the way, did you finish reading the book I gave you?"

To prep for what we were doing next, I pulled out that VTuber Basics item I got a while back. It turned out to be a book, which made me doubt if it would be useful at all, but-

[Note: Don't worry. All the stuff you get from the system is guaranteed to work. Unfortunately.]

...You're seriously a sadist, aren't you? If all AI were like you, we'd be doomed.

[Note: If all AI were like me we'd have a perfect world! Traps, beautiful women as far as the eye could see, catgirls, elves...]

...Aren't you more of an otaku than I am?

[Note: Hmph. You wouldn't get it.]

Celes nodded and said, "I did! And it was really interesting! To think that such a vocation existed... I had heard of divas and superstars, but to gather faith in such a manner... It is truly a wondrous conception."

I blinked and spun around to stare at Celes.

She tilted her head. "Is something the matter, Sen-sama?"

"...You know, I thought you were a normie, Celes. But could it be that you're an otaku too? Did you play a lot of JRPGs when you were younger or something?"

Celes blinked. "Jay Are Pea Geez? What are those?"

"...Nevermind."

It seemed like royalty were really different from us commoners, huh?

[Note: You have *no* idea, User.]

I ignored the snarky System-chan and said, "Anyway, you got the gist of it then, right? If we want to help Sensei get a job, we need to set up the talent agency. But to do that, we need money." I frowned and said, "I've got a bit coming in from YouTube after some song covers and Superchats, but it's not quite enough..."

I'd made around 20,000 yen from all of that. For an unemployed high schooler like me, that was decent pocket change. But it was far from enough to provide a job for Sensei.

Celes nodded. "Minstrels usually are not paid well... But then what are we to do?"

"Well." I stretched and spun back to the screen. "We'll need to get a bit famous first. Fortunately, this is the modern age and commissions are a thing."

I was hoping that I'd get a bit more from YouTube, but just like I remembered in my last life, they were pricks that took a giant chunk right off the top.

Fortunately, since I could draw and rig models now... and since I could do both fast after grinding these past few weeks, I had a few ideas on how to make quick money.

Celes blinked. "Commissions?"

I waved my hand. "Don't worry about it. Anyway." I turned back to the screen and finished setting up the tracking for Celes's avatar. "We'll have you debut alongside Azura today as Sylvia Lunaris and then figure things out from there. You've got a beautiful voice and can sing well, so I'm sure it'll work out."

[Note: I think you're underestimating Miss Pendragon *quite* a bit, User.]

And I think you're way too bored, System-chan.

Celes blushed a bit and let out a bright smile. But then she paused and tilted her head. "I do not mean to question you, Sen-sama... but is there a reason that we are doing this? I am certain that your other form is beautiful enough to establish an order of knights around it out of pure devotion... Would it not be better to use that instead of these avatars?"

[Note: Yeah! What she said! Embrace your inner goddess!]

Wait. I just realized something... How the heck are you still talking to me? Didn't you get timed out earlier? When did you get back?!

[Note: I got scolded, but it's fine. I didn't do any tampering this time.]

Wait, *this* time?

[Note: *whistles* Anyway, you shouldn't keep your waifu waiting.]

Celes is not my waifu... but you're right.

I turned to Celes and said, "That might be. But you know how it is as a princess, don't you? It's better to be able to live a normal life too."

Celes's eyes widened and then she let out a soft smile. "Thank you, Sen-sama. As always, you are so considerate..."

I blinked, not sure exactly what I said. But seeing that Celes was happy, I was happy.

[Note: You are waaay too easy. But I guess you're lucky that Miss Pendragon is super seiso. If she wasn't, you'd be gobbled up in no time.]

Could you not?!

[Note: Hey! You're the one broadcasting your thoughts! I can't stop hearing them even if I wanted to! Not that I don't. You're hilarious. Keep it up.]

"...Anyway." I stood up and showed Celes the screen.

There, a beautiful anime woman with flowing silver hair and an elegant face stared back.

The model wasn't as smooth are refined as Azura, but I could proudly say that it was better than 90% of those out there.

[Note: That's the power of P2W. Now, if you try to gacha some more-]

No.

[Note: But-!]

NO.

[Note: Tch.]

Celes moved in front of the camera and waved her hand.

The model shifted a bit, as if confused about who to track. But then it started tracking Celes.

*Synchronization complete.*

A soft and cool voice echoed. And when it did, light gathered around the model I made.

"E-Eh?" I blinked and looked at the screen.

The model had changed. Not too much, but slightly. As if someone had touched it up, the model was just as good as Azura.

But not only that, my figure, which hadn't been on screen, appeared in a flash of blue light, leaving Azura sitting there.

[Note: Huh.]

What do you mean, huh!? Weren't you the one who gave me this stuff?! Why are you surprised?!

[Note: Hey, I'm just the delivery gal, okay? I've got no idea how any of this works.]

*Registering new talent. Scanning for designated protocols... Match. Debut stream selected. Beginning stream.*

My eyes widened. "Oi, oi, oi! I didn't say that!"

Celes tilted her head. "Eh? Is something wrong, Sen-sama?"

"Argh! Quit, quit, quit! Turn off! Stop!" I clicked on the mouse and tried ALT+F4, but it didn't work.

Dammit! You're the system, right?! Deal with this!

[Note: I mean, I *could* but-]

I'll spin the damned gacha!

[Note: Deal! Now, if I just- E-Eh? Why can't I- Oh. Oooh. Right. Forgot.]

Forgot? What the heck did you-?!

[System: Due to ignoring career missions and in order to prevent career stagnation, Career Mission <Girlpower X2> has been forcibly accepted.]

[<Girlpower X2>]
Now that you scouted a talent, introduce her and help her debut!
Reward: 3000 achievement points, automatic creation of secondary channel, filing of business registration, and necessary paperwork to establish your Idol Agency.
Failure: None

Oh. That's helpful- Wait a minute!

Oi! Explain! I thought the Admin got mad at you for doing that and stopped the punishment games!

[Note: He did. But a system is still a system, you know? It won't let you fail even if you want to, so... good luck?]

You-!

*Countdown: 3*

"Argh!" I looked at Celes and said, "Remember! Your name is Sylvia, and I'm Azura! Got it?"

"Um... I am unsure what is happening... but if you insist, I will S- Azura-sama!"

I turned back to the screen and sighed. "Goddangit."

[Note: Look on the bright side! You have a beautiful and lovely princess with you this time to cheer you on. And this goddess, of course.]

I liked you better when you faked being emotionless.

[Note: And I liked you better when you were a smoking hot babe.]

I rolled my eyes. Staring at the countdown... and seeing that there were already a hundred people waiting, I slapped my cheeks to psych me up and smiled. "Well... here goes nothing."

118