44 – System Update
1.5k 10 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Life Quest: Live an ordinary high school life]

I glanced at the floating message window in front of me as I grabbed my bag and muttered, "Even if you tell me that, it's hard to do." I sighed and shook my head before fixing up my school uniform.

It was Monday. The second week after school started back up after summer break. Also a few days since the incident and since my house got two new guests.

I swiped the message window away and then walked over to the mirror in my room, giving myself a once over.

Spoiler

[collapse]

...Yep. Still looked like a chick. You'd think after doing so many missions and stuff I'd at least get a bit of a growth spurt from the experience...

Wait. I had some achievement points now, right? And the achievement store was open... plus there was the gacha...

...Though it definitely seemed to be a rigged gacha since it never gave me what I wanted or anything really good...

Yeah. Let's stick with the shop.

The shower was still running, and I could hear Celes and Yui chatting downstairs.

...Let's not think about what Cici might be doing that was taking so long.

'Okay~! I won't tell you that I'm-'

And blocked.

[System: <Incarnate Cici> has been temporarily muted.]

'...!? ...!!'

OH MY GOD THAT WORKED?!

[System: Due to recent incidents being reported to HR, new quality of life features will be incorporated.]

['Mute' has been added.]

['Help' has been added.]

['BGM' has been added.]

['Report' has been added.]

[The user interface has been simplified.]

[Please examine the system at the earliest convenience.]

"FINALLY!" I swiped open the menu and said, "I thought you guys just got off trolling me or something!"

'!!! ...! !!!'

I could still hear some faint muffling from Cici, but it was definitely inaudible now- Ah, wait. She was letting out a strangled and frustrated scream from the bathroom.

...And both Celes and Yui were pointedly ignoring her. Huh.

But anyway... System Update!

xxx

[VIMS]

Sen Kimura: 614652 A.P.

Idols contracted: 1 (+1)

Talents recruited: 3 (+1)

>Inventory

>Quests

>Exchange System

>Gacha

>Status

>Skills

>Help

[Inventory]

>Error. Due to <Redacted>'s interference, some items have been lost. The items have been converted to A.P. as compensation.

<Ladykiller - SR> x1

<MIRAIZ Smartphone - R> x5

<MIRAIZ Streaming Kit - SR> x2

<MIRAIZ Streaming Kit (Gold Color) - SSR> x1

[Quests]

>Error. Due to <Redacted>'s interference, some quests have been cancelled. A.P. has been added as compensation.

<Life Quest - Live an ordinary high school life>

Live out the daily life of a normal high school student.

Reward: Random

<Career Quest - Re-Idolize I>

The stars have aligned and the resources met. Plan and execute the successful debut of your idol agency.

Reward: ??? Achievement Points, Fame, Support Staff Recruitment system

<Repeat Quest - Weekly Stream>

Don't forget your fans! Make sure to stream at least once a week to stay relevant.

Reward: (Rewards dependent on frequency of streams) Increased fame, Achievement Points, Money.

<Repeat Quest - To Build Affection>

Celes is the love of your life. But love is a long path. Work hard to build affection points and reach your happy ending!

Reward: Precious Memories (CG Recall)

<Repeat Quest - To Become Strong>

You face an uphill battle in changing your physique. Research and analyze means to reach your ideal.

Reward: Improved Stats (Random)

[Gacha]

<Rate Up: VTuber Essentials>

Featured Items:

>UR - Hollow Stars

Reignite the old dream. Allows for burst of popularity and meteoric rise for an individual who has fallen into obscurity.

>UR - Top of the World

You are never alone. Sharing your heart and soul, let's enjoy this adventure. Improves group synergy and equalizes growth rate to the highest rate.

>SR - Big Space Bread

An out-of-this-world bread memorializing the speaker of space. Eating it gives you the courage to persist against the darkest times. Removes one negative PR incident through miraculous means.

>SR - Cinnamon roll

Reminds you of a metallic mouse from the underworld. Eating it gives you the stamina and good health to persist through even a month of constant streaming.

>Roll x10+1 (3000 AP)

>Roll x1 (300 AP)

>Rates

[Status]

Talent: Silver

Streaming: C

Performance: C

Charm: C+++

Stamina: B

<Traits>

Yin Yang Physique

[Skills]

>Error. Due to <Redacted>'s interference, some skills have been lost and/or combined. Compensation has been given as A.P.

<Talent Scouting>

The ability to seek and find talent. When activated, improves odds of finding idol talents.

<Manager's Eyes>

The ability to evaluate events and conditions to run a smooth business. Passively alerts to dangers. Opportunities are noted as Urgent Quests.

<VTubing>

The ability to perform as a VTuber. Includes requisite skills. Modified by your status.

<Production - C>

The ability to create assets for various creative works. You are able to perform at a professional level.

<Ideal Form>

The ability to act as an alter ego. Strong synergy with Yin Yang Physique allows usage of a male and female form.

xxx

...Well. That's definitely an info dump.

It seems like the system wasn't kidding about QOL changes. There was a lot more useful information now in all the different menus. The failure conditions in the quests were taken out too. Then there was the status menu showing more relevant information, and even a <Help> command...

Speaking of which...

I reached out and tapped <Help>.

[Help: Welcome to the Help Menu!]

[Help: If you are ever in trouble, please reach out for further information.]

[Help: I'll do my best to help you resolve your issue.]

[Help: Is there anything you'd like to know about?]

"...You aren't Cici doing some roleplay, are you?"

[Help: No, Mister User! I'm a new intern here- I-I mean, I'm a simple Help program!]

...Okay. So now I'm wondering what the heck this system of mine actually was.

I thought it was some kind of automated thing grafted on my soul or whatever when I got reincarnated, but was there a group of people actually responsible for this?

[Help: I can't tell you all the details, Mister User, but we recently came under new management. Rest assured that everything will run smoothly from here on out!]

...I have even more questions now, but okay. Then-

"Sennie-poo! You can't replace meeee! Don't throw me away after I just got here!"

"C-Cici?! What are you doing! Go put some clothes on!"

"No! I have to talk to Sennie-poo! Celes! Stop- Noooooooo!"

I let out a deep sigh.

55