49 – I’m not insane, you are.
1.3k 5 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A nearby office building in Kichijoji, recently renovated. There, a man sat behind a desk, sipping on a cup of coffee while staring out the window at the growing sunrise. Despite it being early morning, he was fully dressed in a suit and tie combo. His lightly touseled brown hair and sharp gray eyes shifted a bit as he lowered his cup, setting it down on the table.

At that time, the door opened and a woman walked in.

She was beautiful. Lithe but with curves in all the right places. An above average chest emphasized by a lacy black blouse, smoldering emerald eyes, and curled silky black hair... Altogether, she was a bombshell that would turn heads no matter where she walked.

Holding a cup of coffee as well, she entered the room with smooth steps, her heels clattering against the tile while her short black skirt revealed a bit of skin over her thigh-high leggings.

The man glanced at the woman before letting out a sigh. "This is strange."

The woman frowned and pulled over a chair to sit across from the man. "Tell me about it, Zenki." She set her cup of coffee down and then crossed her arms beneath her chest, lifting them up a bit. "Since when did I get a boob reduction job?"

Zenki sipped on his coffee and said, "Since you thought that having such big boobs got in the way of moving around, Sena."

"Oh. Right." She looked down and then frowned. "...Still weird. It's like a piece of me is missing, you know?"

Zenki let out a sigh and then said, "Why did we get dragged out to do this? It's not like it's going to be any more efficient. We're all about the same level in terms of management and business affairs."

Sena leaned back and then raised her coffee. After crossing her legs, she took a sip and said, "Well, it makes everyone's lives easier, doesn't it? You don't have to worry about school, I don't have to worry about things being weird with guys, and we both get to be hot."

Zenki set his cup of coffee down and then covered his face. "This is such a mess. I swear, if I could file a complaint with whoever made this dumb system..."

"Oh, come on. It's not that bad." Sena waved her hand and said, "Besides. Didn't you want to try building a harem before? You totally can do that now."

"Pass." Zenki waved his hand and said, "I'm just handling things until Sen can do it himself. After that, I'm going to disappear off to a private island somewhere and binge video games."

Sena rolled her eyes. "Stop being such a stick in the mud. Isn't that how you died the first time?"

Zenki pulled out his phone to check the time and said, "It is. But acting like that when you were a guy... Aren't you ashamed at all?"

Sena shrugged. "I'm a hot babe who's in touch with her feminine and masculine side. Why would I be ashamed?"

"..." Zenki let out a deep sigh and said, "I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. But anyway." He put on a serious expression and said, "How long do you think it'll take until Sen calls us?"

"Mm..." Sena uncrossed her legs and then leaned forward on her chair. "Well, he's probably still confused about everything... so probably a week?"

"Alright." Zenki tucked his phone away and said, "Then I guess I should start setting things up. Making the social media accounts, looking for people to rig models, the works... Probably should do a welfare check on Ayumi-san too."

"What should I do then, Boss?"

"...You aren't secretly Cici in disguise, are you?"

Sena laughed and said, "Nope. If I was, do you think I'd be chatting with you like this?"

"...Right. You'd be trying to jump me instead." Zenki furrowed his brow and said, "Why is she so horny anyway? You'd think that a system would be more rational than that."

Sena gave Zenki a blank stare and said, "...Do you forget all the stuff you used to watch and get off too in the past life?"

"...Fair. And *god* is this still weird." Zenki muttered and then grabbed his coffee again, draining it in one shot. After grimacing from chugging the hot liquid, he stood up and then said, "I'll send you the training plans and orientation stuff later." He adjusted his suit and checked his phone again. "There's a lot to do and a lot of people to meet today, so I need to get going. For now... Just clean this place up and do a bit of decorating."

"Gotcha! Ooh, and can I hang out with Ayumi-chan?"

"...Try not to do anything that would get us in trouble. Even if we're technically figments of Sen's imagination, I'd rather not get erased because of something stupid."

"No prob, Boss!" Sena smiled and said, "I'll hold down the fort and everything then!"

"Don't pull a Cici."

"Obviously!"

Zenki nodded and then grabbed a suitcase he kept beneath his desk before walking off.

Sena watched him leave and then pulled out her phone from inside of her blouse. "Let's see..." She opened up Amazon and started scrolling through the deals. "This place needs a bit of decorating to be a studio. Some curtains, colorful beanbag chairs... Mm. Should count as a business expense, so I guess it'll be fine to splurge a bit..."

xxx

I woke up in a cold sweat, staring at the ceiling.

It was a dream. I couldn't remember the dream, but it was a weird dream. Like I was talking to myself in the third person over and over. Except I wasn't because it wasn't me?

"Mm..."

Before I could dwell on it, a cute voice echoed from beside me and someone rolled over, hugging my arm. "Just a bit more, Husband. Just a little bit further..."

I blinked and then realized that it was Celes. Then I processed what she was saying and what she was probably dreaming about.

"A-Ahem." I cleared my throat and then tugged on my arm a bit.

Celes tensed for a moment, as if confused. And then her eyes snapped open and stared at me. Then she looked down at what she was doing and blushed. "M-M-My apologies, S-S-"

"Don't worry about it. I-I'm the one who asked you to hug me, so..."

My face was hot. I was sure that if I got a look at it, I would be a bright red right now. Mostly because I just remembered that I snuck into Celes's room last night and told her to hug me before using her as a body pillow to go to sleep.

Shameless. Completely shameless.

...Though should I be happy that Celes and I were close enough that she didn't question it...?

I glanced back at Celes and then saw that she still hadn't let go. In fact, since I started talking, she had subconsciously sidled closer to me, pressing my arm against...

I cleared my throat again and then said, "W-We should probably get ready for the morning, Celes."

Celes immediately let go of me and jumped out of bed. "Y-Yes. We should."

"R-Right." I nodded and then got out of bed as well. "T-Then... I'll go get ready first. S-See you downstairs for breakfast."

"Y-Yes, Husband."

"..."

"..."

[Repeat Quest <To Build Affection> complete!]

[You have unlocked the CG <Blushing Princess>!]

[Please, review your <Precious Memories> at your leisure.]

A brief flurry of messages. And then a picture appeared in front of me, floating in mid-air.

Spoiler

celes_happy_morning.png

[collapse]

Staring at it, I reflexively muttered, "Gosh, I love you so much."

Celes turned a bright red.

Seeing that, I realized I spoke out loud and quickly dashed out of the room.

Dummy! Idiot! Why do you have to say embarrassing stuff like that out loud?! AAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

xxx

"You seem like you've had an eventful morning, Kiddo."

I rolled my eyes at Dad's casual greeting and said, "Why are you even here right now? Didn't you mention you that you had some stuff to take care of?"

Dad shifted his newspaper and said, "I did. And I took care of it." He turned the page and then glanced at me. "Besides, I gotta make sure my Kiddo hasn't turned to the dark side or something, you know? It'd be a shame to have to put down another kid."

I snorted and walked over to the kitchen. "And you've been watching too much Star Wars- Huh?"

There was someone already standing there when I walked over. Not only that, but it was someone who was in the middle of dutifully making breakfast.

And it wasn't Celes.

Cici glanced over at me with dark circles under her eyes and then let out a tired laugh. "Morning, Onii-chan."

"Don't call me that. And what the heck happened to you?"

Cici stifled a yawn and then muttered, "I don't wanna talk about it."

Spoiler

cici4.png

[collapse]

"...Okay?"

Cici huffed and then pointed towards a stack of pancakes on the countertop. "Just go eat already, baka."

"...Sure."

[Urgent Quest <Incest is Wincest> has been cancelled.]

[Urgent Quest <My Little Sister can't be this cute?> has been accepted.]

...Is that any different?

I sighed and served myself some pancakes before sitting down at the table next to my dad.

He set down a steaming McDonalds cup of coffee in front of me and said, "Here. You'll probably need it today."

I stared at the coffee cup. Specifically, at the fact that it was all written in English instead of Japanese like the cup should have if Dad got it from a McDonalds here. Not to mention the fact that it was a large coffee cup that definitely wasn't served in Japan...

"What?" Dad smirked and said, "McDonalds not good enough for you? Did you want Starbucks or something? Or maybe you wanted a fancy double shot expresso with caramel syrup and soy milk?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "As if you'd even get me that, you cheap dastard."

"True." Dad chuckled and said, "That sort of drink is for chicks, guys who act like chicks, and guys who want to get with chicks. My manly son doesn't need something like that."

"...And this is why you're still single, you misogynist."

"And proud of it." Dad smirked and adjusted his sunglasses... Wait. Since when was he wearing that?

"Anyway," Dad said. "I just wanted to let you know that you might want to hold onto my daughter-in-law today."

"...And why's that?"

"Oh." Dad sipped on a cup of Starbucks coffee... that definitely smelled like a double shot expresso with caramel syrup. "...No reason."

xxx

An uneventful breakfast. After Celes came down, Cici started acting like normal. Dad was his usual trolling self.

The walk to school was the usual, albeit with Yui joining us part way at the station.

Then class began.

I should have realized something was off the moment that it wasn't Professor Denki in homeroom.

A sharp looking man with graying hair and golden glasses. A chalkboard filled with detailed pointers and explanations. And after a concise lecture...

"...Thus, we will begin the partner registration process for the upcoming mountain hiking field trip." Professor Euclid adjusted his glasses and said, "Are there any questions?"

A sudden flood of attention. Both guys and gals giving me pointed stares.

...I am never going to have a normal day of school, am I?

36