ill gotten gains 2
2.1k 21 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“I don’t have a lot of clothes.” I mused aloud as I browsed through my closet. “It’s even worse than my closet back home.” 

I didn’t find anything too nice. So I stuck with something simple. A white long sleeve shirt, black pants, and black converse. 

I headed downstairs after I was finished getting dressed. Waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs was Kenzie and Saya. 

Saya was dressed in a black leather jacket, gray hoodie, black pants and boots. Though the clothes looked a little baggy on her, it fit her aesthetic perfectly. 

“You look nice!” Kenzie spoke, her voice filled with joy. 

“Really?” I think I’m pretty plain. Maybe she’s just saying that to make me feel good? 

“Yeah.” Kenzie responded. “Right?” Kenzie nudged Saya who was silently staring at me. 

“Yeah.” Saya responded, her eyes following me as I descended down the stairs.

“What the?!” I stumbled a few steps before Saya rushed to catch me. 

Was that my imagination? There’s no way she had hearts in her eyes, right?!  

I gazed into Saya’s eyes, she gazed into mine. Her eyes seemed to suck me in even more. I felt a chill run up my spine, and quickly averted my eyes. 

Maybe she did…

“Aren’t you supposed to say something?” Kenzie asked, as she presented Saya.

Saya looked at me expectantly, her eyes reminded me of a puppy. 

“You look nice.” Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I felt the urge to hide in my shell. 

Saya’s cheeks flushed as she hugged me, planting a firm kiss on my lips in the process.

“Enough..” Kenzie groaned. 

Saya separated her lips from mine, but never stopped hugging me. Instead she buried her face into my chest. 

I looked at Kenzie making a pained expression. And my lips curled into a smile. “Jealous?” 

Kenzie’s brow furrowed. “You’re an asshole.” 

“Oh..I’m-“ 

“Take the money, and have a good time.” Kenzie forced money into my hands and pushed Saya and I out of the door.

I looked back to the door with a sour feeling.  

In the game, Kenzie was very lonely and neglected by her husband. Could that be the case here as well? 

I hung my head and sighed loudly.  

I should make an effort to spend more time with Kenzie. Where the hell is the dad? 

I finally stopped sulking, and realized that I was standing outside alone with Saya. 

I glanced at Saya and she looked back at me. “You’ve been really quiet.” 

Saya laughed, flashing a big grin. “I just like watching you. Is it bad?” 

My heart skipped a beat, and it took a moment before I was able to regain my composure. 

When I came back, Saya was laughing mischievously. 

Damn. I shouldn’t get so flustered over something so simple. 

Saya was still staring at me, and a thought floated into my mind. 

I’m thinking that she’s looking to me to pick where we go? 

“Let’s head downtown. We’ll find something to do and get you some clothes after.” 

Saya smiled before clutching my arm against her chest. “Let’s go!” 

As we made our way to the train station, Saya clung to me, seeming happier than a fat kid with cake. 

This is…unique? I mean it’s cool that she's being so.. calm. Is this going to be the new norm? Or is she just this way for right now? 

A chill ran up my spine and I turned to see Saya silently staring at me with a carefree smile.

What the hell was that? “What are you thinking about?”

Saya laughed, but didn’t say anything. She just continued staring at me. 

Hopefully I can get used to this…

Saya’s creepy staring finally came to an end once we got on the train. Almost immediately, Saya fell sound asleep on my shoulder. 

She must have been really tired. I’m curious as to what happened to her, but I don’t know if I can handle knowing the truth. Does that make me a coward? 

I examined Saya’s sleeping figure. The make up Kenzie helped Saya apply did a good job covering up most of the cuts and bruises.

I have to man up. I’m responsible for her now. I have to accept everything that comes with her. 

I continued examining Saya’s resting figure. She looked delicate and helpless. Despite the condition she’s in, she’s still incredibly beautiful. Her long silky black hair, supple pink lips, long eyelashes, silky white skin that contrast her black hair perfectly, not to mention her deep brown eyes that suck me in. And she has a slender model-esque figure. 

I wish she could’ve lived a normal life. Maybe she’d be a model or something? 

Saya’s eyes fluttered open, and she slowly blinked away the sleep in her eyes. Once she was done, her eyes focused on me and a smile floated onto her face before she fell back asleep. 

…..I can’t change her past. But, I can change her future. I’ll make sure she lives a great life from now on. 

With those final thoughts, my eyelids grew heavy and I found myself losing the battle to keep them open. And darkness quickly overtook me.

 

51