Chapter 2 – Character Creation
2.3k 19 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a feminine voice said affirmative, Aliel’s vision was turned white and her surrounding changed after she got her vision back.

The scenery around Aliel turned from a meadow into a classic café. There is a female NPC standing behind the café’s counter. Aliel approached her and a semi-transparent blue window appeared in front of her.

「Please note that 2 hours in the game was 1 hour in reality.」

A familiar notification about the time difference was the first announcement of the game. To accommodate player’s needs, the VR Pod was designed to make the times inside the game flow faster than in the real world.

Aliel pressed the ‘OK’ button below the notification immediately because she already knew about it and pay no heed to it.

「Welcome traveler, before you start your adventure towards a New Horizon. Please decide your player’s ID.」

The blue window changed and there is ‘ID’ written in it.

“Alright, I’ll go with ‘Liel’.” Aliel said and the name was written in the blue window.

「Liel, welcome. Now, let’s make your character. Do you need an explanation?」Said the female NPC.

“Yes.” Aliel answered and 3 blue windows appeared. Now, inside the blue window were a Human, Elf, and Beastkin written with a model.

「There is 3 race in the New Horizon, you may choose from one of them.」The NPC said and the window started circling around Aliel. Stopped in front of Aliel was a Human character.

「The first is Human, they have no specialty and no bonus status. But they are versatile. If you choose this race, you will get 3 bonus unused status points that you can allocate into anything you prefer.」

The blue window moves again and this time stopped in front of Aliel was an Elf character.

「The second is an Elf. Their race is loved by the forest and nature. As such, they have a high MAG and DEX. If you choose this race, you will be rewarded by bonus status points of 2 MAG and 1 DEX.」

The blue window move again and stopped in front of Aliel was a Beastkin character. The character didn’t have any beast characteristics besides the additional ears on their head and tail.

「Lastly is a Beastkin, their race loves the ground. They had a lot of different characteristics, there is a Beastkin with cat ears, dog ears, fox ears, even bunny ears.」The character inside the blue window changed each time the NPC say their characteristic.

Aliel was interested in Beastkin, but she didn’t know the bonus of a Beastkin yet so she waited for the NPC to continue.

「There is 2 type of Beastkin, the first type get a bonus status points of 2 STR and 1 DEX.」

The blue window in front of Aliel splits into 2 and each window had a list of characters with different animal ears.

「The second type get a bonus status points of 2 DEX and 1 MAG.」

「Do you have any questions?」

“I do, how about the growth when I level up? Can I allocate the point into a status myself?” Aliel asked the NPC.

Because the NPC was equipped with the latest AI, they could answer almost any question that a player asking them.

「Every level up, players will get 3 unused points. The player is free to choose to allocate the point into whatever status that they wanted.」The NPC answered Aliel professionally.

After hearing the NPC’s answer, Aliel thinks for a moment before deciding to play as a Beastkin. She chooses the Beastkin character and the NPC continued the explanation.

「Congratulations on choosing a race. Now, let’s get into the appearance setting. You are free to customize your character, but you are forbidden to choose different gender from your actual one. The height setting will be limited to 5cm from your actual height that was scanned before you log in. Enjoy your character customization.」

A window with a slider and arrow appeared in front of Aliel. Character customization was the norm for a VRMMORPG game.

At the top of the window was the choice between 1st type or 2nd type of Beastkin. Aliel chooses the 2nd type and a list of animal ears appeared. Aliel chooses rabbit ears without hesitation.

Aliel already decided from the start that she will choose rabbit ears because Aliel loves rabbit.

Aliel didn’t do any drastic change to her appearance, she just added 2 extra centimeters to her height making her original 168cm into 170cm.

She let her hair color stays black and color her rabbit ears black to match her hair color.

After some minor customization, Aliel had done with her character customization and press the ‘OK’ button beneath the customization.

「Lastly! We need your consent about a sexual setting in the game. Will you enable sexual protection?」

A choice appeared in front of Aliel. The first one was to disable all sexual interactions including those of the same sex.

The second was to disable all sexual interaction from the opposite sex, but the same sex could do any sexual things toward the player.

The third was no Sexual Protection. Meaning other players could do any sexual interaction or harassment to the player.

Aliel immediately chooses the second one. Aliel by nature loves girls, she was never interested in a man. That’s why she choose the second setting.

「Congratulations! With this you are ready to enter the New Horizon Online!」The NPC clapping her hands and smiled.

“Is there no class selection?” Aliel asked.

「Every player will start with Novice class. They could change their class when they reached level 10. For the details, you can find it while playing!」

“Okay, thank you. You can send me in right now.”

‘Well, so I need to grind to level 10 to obtain my first class. I’d say I’ll play seriously, so I will aim for the top-ranking.’ Thought Aliel.

「All requirements were completed! Enjoy your adventure in the New Horizon, Traveler!」

As the NPC said that, Aliel body emitted a blue glow and disintegrated into blue light.

The next thing Aliel saw was a village full of people with the same clothes.

Aliel takes a look at herself and realizes she was wearing the same clothes too.

‘So they are a player too? It sure is packed here, so what’s my next move? For now, let’s look for open space.’

Aliel tried to leave the place she is standing right now and looking for open space. She reached an open space outside of the village after passing a crowd of new players.

‘For now, let’s look at my status.’

In VR games, there are 2 ways to open status. The 1st way is to say ‘Status’ out loud, this way was considered embarrassing by a few people that’s why the game developer make the 2nd way to open status. That’s by a hand gesture.

Aliel makes a hand gesture to open her status. A transparent blue window appeared in front of her with a detail of her status.

***

ID: Liel

Race: Beastkin

Type: Rabbit

Level 1

0/200

Title: -

HP: 100/100

MP: 60/60

Physical Attack Power: 12

Magical Attack Power: 12

Defense: 6

Movement Speed: 1.4

Attributes :

STR: 5

CON: 5

DEX: 7

MAG: 6

Unused Points : 0

Skill: -

Equipment :

[Newbie Adventure’s grab] (Common)

Level 0

Defense +1

Requirements : 3 CON

Durability 10/10

[Novice Sword] (Common)

Level 0

Physical Attack +2

Requirements: 5 STR

Durability 15/15

***

‘My MP was 60, the default was 50 if I remember correctly. That means 1 MAG added 10 MP and 2 Magic attack power, I don’t know how HP works because it’s the default. But, maybe it works the same as MAG.’

‘My movement speed was 1.4 that meant every DEX increased 0.2 Movement speed. That means every class will need to increase their DEX at some point. I was lucky to choose a race that gets a bonus of 2 DEX.’

Aliel analyzed her status screen, it was her habit to analyze everything before she moves. The next thing she did was opened a map.

The window that appeared in front of Aliel displayed a map of a village called ‘Newbie Village 21’.

‘So it’s a newbie village as I thought, maybe 21 mean this is the 21st newbie village? How many newbie villages are needed to accommodate all players? Well, that doesn’t matter.’

‘Let’s move to the hunting ground, a quest in the newbie village tend to give the money needed to buy equipment, but a newbie equipment is enough to reach level 10 if the player’s control is good.’

Aliel opened her inventory to see what’s inside. Inside her inventory, there are 5 loaves of bread and 1 health potion that heal 30 HP.

The next thing Aliel did was opened a setting and set the pain intensity to 80%. She was by no mean a masochist, but playing with 80% pain intensity proved to be the best to increase the player’s control.

After analyzing everything she needed, Aliel set off to the hunting ground.

“Let’s begin the hunt!”



Author Here~

More than 38 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Also, Big thanks to the new Executive!!
- L1 Mainy

And, Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- Ishy391

90