Prologue (Revised)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A knight clicked his tongue. With armor clacking, he quickly entered the room with a ceiling that reaches the heavens. What awaited him was a person of high dignity and aura. As they trained him to do in reflex. He knelt.

His face became disrupted as he dashed out. The mighty person sighed and just stared up at the extravagant ceiling.

“ I hope you choose the correct person to protect. “

--------------------------------

“Your doing Alchemy again...”

“Of course~ It’s my passion~”

“Indeed. Passion to kill. Heck, I don’t even think anybody would drink that to even die. It’s literally releasing a purple haze.”

“Not blind. Clearly See. Just. Shove it down their throat.”

This old man.....right. This guy...Rune...if he gets his eye on something, he’ll never let it go. I fell victim to that...

“Aw! You’re looking at me with disgust! Wanna go for another round?”

“I like my bones.”

“I’ll make a potion to heal it~”

“I also like to live.”

He doesn’t when to stop! Every day, he always does a “warm-up”. Like, how do swords being pointed at your neck going at least a full power of a human swing is a “warm-up”!?

“I feel you're complaining about me in your head! I want to see more! Can I cut it open?”

“Focus on your potions dammit.”

“Boss, somebody “conspicuous” is awaiting outside. He said he came to me, you boss."

“I told you to call me by my name, didn’t I?”

“..Sigh...Cara, somebody is waiting for you...”

“I see~ I see~ I didn’t schedule any type of meeting with anybody though...”

I go down the stairs and open the door with a snap of my fingers. Damn, it never gets old, doesn’t it?

The rock wall that once blocked my path opened its path. What greeted me was somebody quite conspicuous indeed. Somebody, I know well...

“What brings you to our humble abode?”

“Your grinning.”

“Am I~?’

“Yes.”

“I think it’s just your mind going crazy~ “

“Your the one’s crazy. Grouping yourself with a sadist and masochist.”

“Let’s get to the point now.”

“...”

“What brought you here?”

“I just want to inform you about something.”

“Isn’t that what you usually do?”

“You treat me like I don’t know how to fight, ugh~”

“Heh, what is it?”

“...Next time we meet, at least bring a weapon.”

He stared right into my sight. I could feel my eyelids and mouth rounding. That was involuntary...I haven’t trained my facial muscles much. Getting that worked out is now on my priority list, I guess.

“So, you’re telling me. We might be enemies next time...”

“..correct..”

“I suspected this to happen, I mean.”

I slowly stepped onto the grass, right in front of the boy....No, he’s a man now...It is simply rude of me to think he’s still an ignorant boy...

“This has happened before. I wish you could just remember...”

“Hah?”

“Tell me, do you believe in a life where we are already enemies?”

“another world?”

“Hm. Close enough.”

“You act like you know what happened.”

“Of course. I was there.”

“Wait what!? I have several questions!”

I have prolonged it enough. I already knew what was coming. With this snap, I’ll finally join the fog.

“It never changes.”

0