13- I’m on fire, ignited by a burning desire
3.4k 8 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Jalter. 

Tsk.

At least say something, shouldn't he say something like 'I'm going to save you' or at least a 'wait for us'

That idiot... He keeps lying to himself with the excuse of 'I am a kid' yet earlier He clearly was looking at my chest and legs for a moment.

I should keep using that purple dres-

Her thoughts were interrupted by her left side being illuminated by another bright flame coming from a fire spell.

Without her magic resistance, the heat coming from the spell would have been enough to burn her skin.

" Le Grondement de la Haine! " after chanting, a barrier appeared around herself with her corrupted flag as the center of it

Unlike her other self, this barrier is not meant to protect but to avenge, returning any and all types of damage towards their caster.

It doesn't matter if it's magical, a curse or even divine, this flag is the representation of her desire to return everything done to her.

Unfortunately, she can see another attack coming from her back, forcing her to redirect her counter towards the new coming spell

*Boom*

"Why do you fight? You were left alone. No one is coming to save you "

"Surrender and we may let you join one of our peerages... "

"Hahaha. Is this all you can do? You will need much more if you want me to yield. Look at you, without a crest or bloodline power... just a trash devil that thinks too high of himself... "

To think that Ahm was right about devils... even if they are high-Devils just a couple insults to their 'capabilities' is enough to provoke them.

Ha. Just look and their faces... not even Ahm looks like that when I call him beautiful.

The voice of one of the high devils resounded again calming the remaining devils, preventing them from breaking their formation.

The voice carried a calm and arrogant tone, as if everything was decided beforehand and now.

He only needs to wait to reap the results of his master plan.

"Do you think you stand a chance? You only managed to hurt us because you caught us off guard. But now that we know your tricks? Heh.-''

In his hand a magic circle without a crest appeared.

" -How long can you last? "

In the next moment a soaring flame shot towards Jalter like a hungry beast running towards Its meal, and at an amazing speed capable of reaching her in seconds.

The magic circle did not disappear, is keep bright and filled to support the spell transforming it into a constant sea of flames

Jalter had no other choice than to use her own flame to counter the incoming spell. 

The devil is not alone... dozens of mid and low rand, and a second High-Rank.

If she evades the others just corner her making her play their game.

dozens of different spells were casted by the remaining Low and Mid class devils, her passive magic resistance should prevent her from being hit by such low-class spells.

But the damn devils used a more 'physical' way of dealing damage in their spell.

She can't prevent the shockwave from the explosions nor objets like rocks from hitting her.

The multiple wounds and gnash on her body tells how this lesson was learned...

She looked really beaten... 

Burn marks, blacks spots and blood in numerous places of her body and clothes including her lips, showing that some internal damage was made

As weak as they are, it was enough for the second High-Class devil to find a hole in her defense, to cast another where can't defend due to her keeping  the first spell at bay...

Gritting her teeth she made a choice...

A spell high-devil is enough to damage her...

¡But not enough to leave her out of the game!

She needs to make a change...

So while She protected herself from the other spells, waiting for the pain in her back to appear...

And use this change to turn this around

...

But the pain never came

A figure appeared behind her...

But the feeling she felt from this figure froze her in place...

It wasn't just her...

Looking around, even the devils stopped their assault, Like rabbits in the face of a predator, afraid to even breathe...

"I'm taking the stronger one."

*Boom"

"Hgaaa!"

The sound of a hit and the slowly fading voice of a devil is all heard before the figure on her back...

The figure that was on her back...

It sounded like him... it felt like him...

His voice sounded so similar yet so different...

It has the same voice but a completely different felling in it, Cold and emotionless, nothing similar a his normal cheerful and dumb self.

The only thing that made her stop thinking if it really was him, was the feeling of anger that was buried deep under it... 

Something she could feel thanks to her class, Anger so strong and pure that made her magic reservers soar in a second!

"Ahm..." Jalter whispered as the image of dumb appeared in her head.

'And I'm supposed to be the one with anger issues' 

Two figures joined the scene, but not fast enough to witness the previous scene...

One towering figure carrying a full set of armor and... "How are you? Can you stand" A blonde girl, one she knows well.

She really wants to run after him and confirm what happened just then but.

Looking at the dozens of devils in front of her, they clearly wont let her run after him.

When Mudrock prepared herself for the incoming fight, the ground started to shake and a black energy shield appeared around her while rocks and dust started to rise in the air.

A holy aura appeared around Jalter returning her to a much better state. Now even her clothes look clean, if it wasn't for her somehow tired expression, some dents on her armor and tears on her clothes one would think that the last exchange didn't even happen.

The weaker devils can even feel their skin burn even at a long distance signaling the strength of the holy spell casted by the one named 'Saint'

And finally... fire. Flames started to illuminate the entire place, making even devils feel the heat in their skin and even in the air they breathe.

Her anger and the residual demonic power transforming Jalter into an unending fabric of flames.

A distorted voice echoed all over the place

"My friends... don't hesitate, ¡we need to give our all!"(Mudrock)

*Rumble*

With raising walls and without giving time to the devils to react in the slightest, the entire place became a giant box made of earth and rocks.

"Saint, Mudrock. We need to get rid of these winged pieces of shit. Fast "

"Well said human. It's time we stop playing around. Since the others appeared... Kill them! As long as we get your dead bodies... you will join us, whether they like it, or not "

90