23- Two sides of the table
2.3k 4 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I started to ask myself after looking at Mordred... looking at the way she is acting... especially since the change was too fast

Was it the right thing to do?

As much as it seems that the uncovering of the mysteries in her past life, that the machinations of her Mother didn't affect her...

At least on the inside... ¡it does!

Was I wrong?

Her lost gaze staring into a single spot for minutes, not even bothering in ending the piece of cake in her hands, sometimes even staring at the air, and sometimes to the 'trainees' and their sounds reminiscent of her past on this real-world-like painting...

That is more than enough... And that is if the minutes of her going without talking is not...

...

Was I wrong?

¿Yes?

No?

The answer is clearly... neither.

She decided on this by herself and I provided her with an answer, an exchange that would benefit both of us...

But...

I feel uncomfortable for a reason.

It's been only a few years since I arrived into this world and now, I'm having the means to change the entire fate of a person... Is uncomfortable, feeling like that makes one uncertain on how to use it... if use it at all due to the consequences...

A weird thing to feel since I know by facts that I did nothing wrong nor I feel like I did so...

I stared at the adult-looking little girl in front of me... more precisely, at the aura around her. Like clouds leaving the body, each with their particular form and color...

Even if my level of understanding over Senjutsu and what lifeforce itself is... the little I know of it allows me to sense others' moods...

Mordred is a fierce one for sure.

Will this bring her down? One look into the aura seeping through her pores is enough to tell

That brilliant almost steel like aura resembling solid gold is more than enough. As simple as it sounds, that aura is covering her body almost like an armor, making the rest into simple adorations, overshadowing everything else.

That is a feat on its own when everything else is showing as an ethereal cloud or at best in a liquid-like form...

Determination. After observing this aura appearing in Kuroka beforehand, now I know what it means, Kuroka's 'Determination' is more solid, more vivid and more clear the closer she is to her sister and it explodes when standing in front of her, for her.

In any case, that determination alone is enough for Mordred to recover if anything too intense happens... much less something like this.

While impactful and a determinant piece of the puzzle in her mind and her life... is nothing too far off from what she thought happened back then in the countless years in the Throne of Heroes, a place where moving around was a luxury on its own...

Interestingly enough without any of them knowing about it, their roles took a complete turn.

After coming back to her senses, Mordred now found herself staring at the other end of the table...

She is now staring at his face... those brilliant and life-filled eyes... Not at his 'Beauty', or how the white-haired Jeanne told her to refer to his appearance to annoy him , and sure it worked, true to her words the faces he makes when calling him beautiful are great on their own.

She chuckles at her own thoughts

¿when was the last time she could enjoy herself like... this?

This is the reason she took too long thinking about all of this, in a normal case beating and, in order to do so, becoming stronger than her Father is all she would care about...

But now?

A new world, a new life and a new chance...

Will she keep tying herself to the same 'role'? Keep acting in the same way? in the same character, always repeating the same ending? Or would she cut the string and take this new undiscovered and uncertain path that he opened by summoning her...

Will she throw this change?

Even if it has the exact and same destination, the exact and same two main actors... it doesn't mean the story would be the same boring old play, a scene where she is led by others...

¡No!

Is time to, for once, take the lead in her life

*Slam*

With a loud bang in the table, she made him came back to himself and now, He is staring at her waiting for what she is going to tell him... just what she wanted

Yes, she needs to move. Sitting and pondering like this, she won't reach that giant and unreachable Mountain that is her Father

She will build her place in this world for when she arrives, for when she finally comes so she can see what is behind her... WHO is behind her and how close she is to stepping into her shoes... she will make her Father know what being surpassed by someone else feels like

Once she made sure he was focusing on her with that slam, she told him.

"Wake up samurai... we have two kids to kidnap "

81