50- Again.
1.3k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She is... ruthless...

I know I said that our greatest 'shield' is their fear of us but…

So... first things first, it's time to receive new guests, then take the magical girl out of the first phase for later...

I saw the couple walk through the doors and begin to assess their surroundings before being handed a couple [Health Potions] to heal themselves, the basic stuff that stops heavy damage and bleeding far from Phoenix tears.

That, however, would suffice for the couple.

-Later-

Maosomi was simply taken aback by what was happening in front of him...

"Mudrock! Welcome " One of the 'unlucky' victims of the mass kidnapping...

"Who exactly are you?" He recognizes this group as the perpetrators of one of the church's most serious problems, which required an investigation and was talked about among them because some of them have childs of their own. The dozens, if not hundreds, of children and teenagers in front of them are proof enough...

"Hello Murdock! "

Monsters that kidnap kids, homeless and desperate for their own exploit? Evil organization that needs to be eradicated? 

.

"Welcome back "

"Who is this big sister and the old man? " One of them asked but...

Old man!?

The welcoming smile of the kids  

toward our savior is more than enough to know how 'evil' they are…

To hell and back is the only way to describe the change, from almost dying to now… this.

Cleria fixed her gaze on her husband. They can't afford to offend them knowing what she's capable of since being wary is a basic reaction to a potential enemy, which, to be fair, is quite faint at this point… seeing dozens of kids receive the 'potential threat' is quite a blow to her defenses.

The couple is overwhelmed, especially given how difficult it is for them to conceive a child of their own...

"Please excuse his impoliteness. "Thank you for saving us s-... miss?" While she was apologizing for her husband's behavior, their savior armor turned into a black liquid and fell from her body.

Cleria Belial's pride, which she didn't realize she had, was shaken...

She was stunning, and when combined with the element of surprise of a giant burly semi-giant transforming into a cute girl... The couple's impact was doubled, if not tripled.

Cleria hit the one to her right with her elbow unconsciously.

"Au! "Why?" Maosomi inquired, irritated because... she wasn't looking at him! How did she know he was taken aback by their savior's appearance?

"Womanly instinct," Cleria replied without hesitation and with a voice that left no room for debate...

"Sorry." He attempted to apologize.

".... But the glare didn't stop there...

"To be fair, you were dazed as well... " Maosomi attempted to play his trump card, but...

"So you WERE dazed while looking at her... " He was digging his own grave...

With that smile that is not a smile.

"... "I and my big mouth... Maosomi thought to himself, but he couldn't help but hug his wife with a smile on his face.

He nearly lost her...

Cleris, of course, returned the gesture by losing herself in his embrace while feeling the same thoughts as him...

I nearly lost him...

*cough*

"I suppose... you two are doing well?" However, the lovely moment was cut short by a new voice, and turning around, they discovered the owner.

He had black hair, rust-colored eyes, cyan antlers, and a tail...

And based on how their savior, 'Mudrock,' is acting and the way she looks at him while he caresses her head... he should be someone important to her.

They know those eyes...

"Yes, thank you for saving us... sir?" Cleria bowed and attempted to inquire about her savior; she has an idea of who he is, but her husband does not but he appears to be troubled by something he remembered while looking at the kids around them...

"Dusk, this is Mudrock, and don't worry, I healed the humans after all they were... deceived? Used? The point is, not even the angels were aware of this, for the Devils... you know why I didn't heal them... old satan and all that." Dusk explained his reasoning, saying that no matter how stupid they were, they were still tricked, and that the father of one of the heroines was present...

Who knows what kind of trouble the plot armor can cause if the girl comes after his ass... Too much trouble, and, to be honest, the man was feeling guilty.

But there's a bigger reason for this; those men are... insignificant...

Ahm can simply dispatch one of his [Ink] beasts to deal with them, and even if they manage to 'kill' it, he can simply recreate it as long as he stays alive...

"Hi " Mudrock followed his stroductiong with s with a small nod.

"Thank you; seeing all those kids reminded me of my... friend and his daughter... " Maosomi felt relieved after hearing it since he could feel and see the doubt and guilt emanating from the strikes and the eyes of his comrade and… he didn't want to witness the end of a good man's life.

"Dear Sir Dusk. Now, on to a more important subject... What would become of... us?" She inquired, as concerned as she was hopeful.

"What do you plan to do? Your information could spark an internal war within the Devil race, and I could contact Serafall or... You have the option of hiding and allowing the corruption deep within the Rating games to spread, it's your choice," he said, looking at Kei, who is going to play with the kids.

He has no reason not to let them do whatever they want, especially since what they saw here is already an open secret in the supernatural world, and any important figure is aware of it.

Also, Maosomi may not want to return to the church, so... perhaps we can find a good teacher?

"We have decided... to fight back because this cannot continue... " Maosomi decided to take Cleria's hand in his to show his support, while Cleria decided.

it was a matter of her race and he would respect her decision.

"In that case, leave the rest to me for the time being. After all, you should be tired, right? There is a room for you, remember... just think about where you want to go and then open the door, it's as simple as that." After saying that I left the pace while leaving the confused couple behind, I must admit that their mental strength is quite good because they are still in shape after going through so much in such a short period of time...

They're tired, confused, and the 'all' of what happened to them hasn't hit them yet, but it's nothing that a good night's rest and being with their loved ones can't fix, and this place is full of children and kids who can distract them, so I expect them to be back in shape in no time.

After all, this place was created to assist confused and lost children in maintaining their mental health through games, company, and distraction until they mature and see things for themselves...

Well, the world is a depressing place, and we can't change it for the most part... What we can control is how those events affect us.

Now, how do I deal with Sera...

-Later-

After a while of attempting to persuade the Devil in denial...

"At least give me a minute, you'll like your part in this... I promise." For who knows how long, and there is finally some progress... She eventually bit the bait.

"Last time you said that I spent months dealing with the aftermath. You liar!" I feel bad for her because she was almost free to spend time with her sister...

"OK, I'll compensate you with something, you can ask for anything," I said gently and reassuringly to try to persuade her.

"Anything? Really!? Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe "She's back to her normal self now, but what's with the creepy laugh at the end?

"Yes, as long as I can do it, and it's not that bad really, most of the problem falls on Beelzebub, and your part is to annoy some angels for free, you get all the benefits, and don't lie to me, I know you like to cause problems for the angels, especially Gabriel." She appears to be paying attention… when she heard that the problematic part would be handled by Ajuka, she seemed interested, and when she heard about annoying the birdies? She was almost there, but...

"Dusk-chan, you know me well~ But... it's too good to be true, and I still have the feeling you're not telling me something..." She sounded suspicious, knowing how troublesome my calls usually end...

Well… She doesn't need to know about the internal conflict, the corruption, the clean-up, the investigation, and so on...

And by the time she hears about it?

Serafall has a bad feeling about this because she won't be able to refuse or ignore it...

"Anyway... you've heard of Cleria Belial, right?" I began to explain quickly so she wouldn't have time to think about it too much, avoiding her remark.

"Yes! We're looking for any information we can get about her. Do you have any? Her cousin almost went directly to Kuoh town after learning of her disappearance." She inquired, slightly irritated because, once again, this is Yokai territory and the disappearance of the ruler is a significant blow to their 'capabilities' for running a town...

It means she has more work to do! 

But wait... Dusk is never helpful to her…

The feeling of unease is growing...

"Well… you see… "

"I hate you "

"You're welcome "

At least the bad parts fall into the hands of someone else… right?

Right?

She doesn't have to take part in it as one of the four satans since it's part of her 'duty'…

Right?

"I double hate you "

"You're welcome, again "

The worst part? She can't be mad at him because it's her own people's fault…. 

AGAIN!

46