72- What to do…
1.1k 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How did you find her?" With Rossweisse finally becoming less pressured about the kidnapping and what would happen to her, I asked Shishou.


"I saw her wearing some poorly enchanted 'artifacts,' and I was curious who made them, so I followed her... I later discovered that she was the one who made them." The more Shishou explained it, the more I realized she really recruited her on a whim after Rossweisse caught her interest.


One thing piqued my interest.


"Wait, how did you discover they were made by her?" I was curious if she had a method for identifying the maker of an artifact, as it could be useful in the future...


Shishou replied, "Because the calligraphy was identical when she used that poor excuse for a rune spell while she was inside a bar." It was an unexpectedly simple but effective way to do it, but you will need her perception to compare both calligraphies.


"Why… Why was she casting a spell inside a bar?" I know they treat human society's rules as if they don't apply to them, and most of the time they ignore them, but even that?


She may be a serious and responsible woman when sober, but from what I remember from the series, she gets quite loose when drunk.


Observing how Rossweisse avoids my gaze... she must have been doing what I'm thinking.


"She didn't have enough money to buy the drinks... She also cursed couples who were acting affectionately around her with bad luck..." The more Shishou explained her reasons, the more embarrassed our Valkyrie became; forgetting your money back home isn't a big deal, but the second one is childish of her, like a child breaking a toy because he can't have it...


So the Valkyrie attempted to justify herself "It was only a small curse! It only lasts a few days..." But Scathach's explanation of the problem with what she did didn't help much.


"Against someone who possesses mana to defend himself naturally... yes, but against a normal human who lacks it?" So she wasn't just drinking for free... She was also going around destroying families...


"I... didn't know..." She didn't seem guilty at all, aside from being embarrassed about being caught doing something petty and not being able to pay for a couple of drinks...


I forget how much the supernatural world cares about humans and how much their actions can have an impact on them...


"Was it really that bad?" I tried to confirm it with our rune expert.


She gave a nod. "It depends on the individual, but yes, it was. Don't worry, I already took care of it."


At the very least, she took care of it, but suddenly I remembered that there was something more important to mention about this woman.


"Did you feel someone… peeping.. at you while following her? " Odin may be irresponsible, but there's a chance he'll follow Rossweisse and discover Shishou; I don't want a surprise visit from a pervert God...


What would I do if... he looked at the girls?


I'm not sure...


Shishou, thankfully, startled me out of my thoughts. "Now that I think about it, there was someone like that around... Why do you ask?" 


This time, however, Rossweisse responded, "That's the Allfather and the Leader of the Norse pantheon, Odin, he's always watching and protecting me." She introduced her leader in a solemn and respectful tone, but that didn't last long after Shishou revealed how he was 'protecting' her


"You mean... the one looking at the three naked girls going at it inside one of the bar's private rooms...?" Her teasing tone was clearly mocking him, but the Valkyrie had no choice but to confirm it, albeit in a dejected tone.


"Yes, that's… him… " Even she knows that he is extremely likely to be the one doing that… 


Who else would use a high-level clairvoyance spell to spy on women...


Rather than being angry, she felt... disappointed and a sense of 'was to be expected,' knowing how her leader is most of the time.


She's only interested in how long it took Odin to notice she'd disappeared...


Yes, it was all sudden and unexpected, but it still bothers her that she is still wondering if he even noticed her disappearance. 


She can't rely on that old man… 


Which led her to the person in front of her and the source of that same question, "You said that... you were going to teach me?" It wasn't difficult to detect her disdain for her masterpiece, an artifact that took her months and the best materials in Asgard to create, yet she despised them...


And she already had proof that she wasn't a madwoman who talks without reason: the runes attached to the portal that she made to bring her here gave her a headache when she tried to understand them, despite the fact that there weren't that many of them in the spell.


The fact that she sensed the Allfather earns her a couple of points as well...


And that was just about Runes; this woman could sneak up on her and capture her in under a minute with no one noticing, not even the Allfather who was nearby.


Every Valkyrie is born to become a warrior and is trained to be one, for years; even when drunk, she should be able to defend herself against most enemies, but she failed... and she has no idea how...


"To begin with, Your Runes' foundation is broken... Someone appears to have studied them, but the knowledge was lost, and the next person threw them together to see which ones worked and how... That is the first thing we need to adjust for you." Shishou opened a portal and threw Rossweisse inside before Rossweisse could even comprehend what she had just said.


Ganbatte...



Scathach then looked at me. "And you... now that we have time, you should look after our 'King,' she appears to be affected by everything that is happening to her, but that chivalrous and noble mindset keeps pushing her forward regardless... If she ignores her feelings, it may come back to haunt her in the future."


I went close to her and gave her a long kiss on the lips.


"Don't worry, I know." She then entered the portal, but not before stealing a kiss from me.


Artoria…


Well, I noticed she was having an existential crisis not long ago but decided not to interfere with it for the time being and instead let her ponder it alone while enjoying the company of her daughter.


It may not seem like much, but Mordred does a great job of keeping Astoria happy by showing her how much everything has changed since then.


How many possibilities there are in this new life of hers. 


Her issue isn't with the world or the present, but with her memories and her past, with how everything ended up being almost pointless, that even the Grail couldn't fulfill her wish even if she won the Grail War...


She sacrificed everything for her duty, her life, and even herself.


When you ask her in FGO, she doesn't even have anything she particularly likes or dislikes, giving everything for her fateful duty and dream, forgetting everything else even when she clearly asked herself what would have happened if she hadn't pulled the sword back then.


She appears to be questioning her future choices, wondering if it's right to keep giving the same answer...


What she is feeling right now is not dangerous, but if left alone, it could become dangerous.


Aside from her, I'd like to spend more time with Kei, who is the most concerning of them.


Be it Jeanne, Jalter, or Scathach, they all lived a life in some way, but not Kei. 


She spent the majority of her life fighting and surviving, and that was all she knew about until she finally left that life after finding safety on Rhodes Island.


But at the same time, she also lost her purpose of living, leaving her unsure of what to do next.


I gave her one when she came to this world, but I still want to let her experience a lot of things and be at her side. 


She did take an interest in a lot of things like construction. She is the one working on Camelot right now with the help of her friends and other things.


What to do...


And that is, without counting the whole Britain thing going on, there is a lot to do, since expecting the whole world to follow your rules is not something that you can do in a month.


Seems like we will be quite busy... 


Our plan doesn't even include humans for now, only my summons and us…


Well, I guess Le Fay and Arthur do count. 





39