82- Flames and a ‘Monster’
1.1k 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Jalter.

"You... are beautiful." Apollon has a mission in life.

As the God of the Sun and Music, he finds it in bringing light to those who suffer in order for them to gain enlightenment and progress.

And Jalter, despite his lack, is living proof that his goal is correct.

Even amidst that darkness, there is a beautiful light shining proud and brightly.

Knowing that she had to buy some time, she replied with a mocking chuckle "Sorry, I'm already taken"Jalter responded to the Sun God.

This is the kind of guy that really gets on her nerves.

An hypocrite.

Apollon clarified the situation and explained himself. "Please accept my apologies. It wasn't referring to your body, but to your soul, which shines brightly despite the darkness..."

Ahgh. He's really getting on her nerves! Jalter couldn't help but groan in disgust at the hypocrite in front of her.

He definitely reminds her of one of the bastards she saw back at school "Gosh! Tell me, did you practice your preaching bastard speech in the mirror or did it come naturally?"

As if having them bothering her sister for years wasn't enough.

I get it! light, holy, aSaintess but fuck off 

What did her nerves do to deserve to look at those idiots?

This guy is really bringing back bad memories.

However, Apollon responded with a harmless smile "Why do you turn away from the light? Everything will keep improving for you once you let go of the darkness."

Oh no. The jerk is clearly trying to piss her off!

Even those jerks trying to recruit people for their cult can't keep up with his bs.

But his only response was Jalter's laugh.

"Kukuku. Then I'll ask you the same question: why are you hiding your 'darkness'?"

Does he think that I don't fucking SEE IT?

Is his stupid ego so up into his ass that he thinks that he is the only one who can feel people's nature?

I literally feed on them, you dumbass!

Whatever Apollon thinks of himself, for Jalter anyone who hides his own dark side in such a way is a hypocrite.

Ahm, too, has desires; otherwise, why would he have a harem? Yet he never hides it when he wants something. 

Jalter interrupted him before he could respond, saying, "Common 'Good boy,' I know how you feel, or did you forget what Hera did to your mother?"

It's an old story, but everyone remembers it because it's part of his and Artemis's history as Greek Pantheon members.

As a result, they were admitted to the Pantheon.

Who hasn't heard of Hera's jealousy and what she does to every other woman Zeus targets?

They stopped someone from forcing their mother, someone sent by none other than Hera herself.

Of course, Apollon didn't like having his past revealed to him by an outsider, but he accepted his flaws. "It's obvious that I'm lacking myself… But I forgave them, that's all in the past."

Jalter laughed freely after noticing the changes in him "Ahahaha. I can feel your rage, 'good boy.' You are nothing more than a hypocrite." Making a God angry is usually a bad idea, but Jalter was an exception

What could be a better fuel for her than a God's rage?

So, who cares? Anyway, It's almost ready anyway...

Jalter braced herself and asked, mockingly, "Tell me, 'Good boy,' how long would it take?" She was prepared to push the Sun God to his limit.

Apollon was puzzled. "Pardon? I'm not sure I understand the question."

"Your beloved sister... knowing Greek history, how long would it take?" Jalter inquired.

It is the most essential part of Greek mythology.

If you're a woman, you have a 99 percent chance of being forced, tricked, or 'taken' with a few minorities proposing...

The remaining one percent goes to those who are either too strong or too intelligent, which includes only a few Goddesses such as Athena and Hestia.

And even then, they had some close calls.

Without a doubt, as an insider, that question must have crossed his mind a couple of times.

And, of course, the question appeared once again, seeing Apollon making such a face.

But it only lasted a moment because self-control and meditation were second nature to him. "You are… right." Unlike what Jalter expected, he appeared to have a weight lifted from his shoulders. "That's why I'm working on getting stronger, so no one can hurt her."

Jalte was… dumbfounded… 

Did this motherfucker just flashback no jutsu in front of me? Does he want to pull out a power up from his already stacked ass? 

Hell no!

Cursed flames shooted towards Apollon, breaking him out of his 'enlightenment' 

Jalter couldn't afford that kind of 'charity' least the fucker thinks himself some kind of MC.

Apollon walked out of her flames without minding the flames, "Thanks, you helped me see why I fi…ght" or so he thought.

He felt something in his arm and to his surprise, the cursed flames were burning him, A sun god who shouldn't be concerned with this kind of weak flame.

And soon he realized why, as he felt his own divinity waning, he asked in surprise, "What have you done?"

"Eh, why don't you come and find out? Kukuku," Jalter simply taunted the God while thinking

Finally, some action!

This was her creation, infecting the Gods using belief and bringing them down.

Of this was FGO, the skill would be something like:

[Rejection of the Divine]

[Rank C-

Reduces the target's Divinity, equal the skill Rank. ]

Something like that~

If she leveled this skill up enough, any enemy with divinity would be reduced to the level of a mortal.

Well that has yet to be tested.

******

With Artemis.

The black-haired youth made a black book to appear from his shadow, causing both Gods to narrow their eyes in realization. "But first... we should give her an opponent," said the black-haired youth.

His smile had not faded.

Even though it wasn't directed at her, the rage remained.

When Artemis realized her body had unconsciously taken a step back, she began to flee for cover in the nearby forest, where she felt most confident.

Her body was ready for the incoming fight that her instincts were foretelling.

She ran far enough that she lost sight of Zeus and the youth, but her heart skipped a beat when she heard his voice in her ears.

Was she embarrassed about running? No, She's too weak to get involved in a fight like that, and it's not like she wants to protect that jerk she has to call 'Father'.

Really, if that person punched him in the face… she would.be grateful.

A calm and collected voice, as if imitating the voices from a book, like a storyteller.

"-Minos chose not to execute the monstrous offspring, instead chose to torture the one named 'Asterios' in the worst way possible.

"If he was born as a monster, then he will live as a monster - and as a monster he will die." 

"Tell me, who is it talking about?  "

Artemis followed and replied, "It's about the... Minotaur," without knowing how or why.

But she didn't have time to think about it because a giant shadow landed in front of her, creating a smoke cloud, and before she could identify her opponent, a giant ax was thrown at her at incredible speed, forcing her to dodge while marveling at the damage that the ax caused

She didn't lose her chance, shooting a few arrows even though she couldn't see her opponent to test the ground, only to be greeted by the sound of them landing on something so hard that she doubts it mattered.

Whatever it is, whether it is the 'Minotaur' or something else, it is undoubtedly tough.

The Minotaur dashed toward her with what resembled the roar of a beast and the shout of a man, his weight and strength resounding in every step he took.

It stands just under three meters tall and has animalistic characteristics such as horns, a mane of wild, white hair, and inhuman eyes barely seen through his Iron mask.

The heavy armor and chains that it wears seemed to aid rather than hinder it in bringing out more power with their added weight, a show of his monstrous strength.

How!?

Artemis asked herself, trying to figure out what she was feeling from the monster in front of her.

The distinct sensation made her realize that this monster was created with a Sacred Gear, yet it feels so... Alive.

In fact, she might have mistook it for a wild beast if she hadn't seen it being created in front of her by the young man with rust-colored eyes.

That's the only way she can describe this monster: as if a legend took the shape of the monster in front of her eyes.

Fortunately, Artemis is agile, which allows her to play with the monster, shooting at the gaps in his armor while evading his charges.

When Artemis decided to run into the forest, her instincts were correct, making the fight much easier.

"ChAos… "

But as if mocking her, as soon the thought appeared a rough and barely human voice was heard

… LaByriNtHos! " 

Artemis groaned as a wall appeared in front of her and nearly collided with her.

She felt weakened, but that wasn't as bad as losing the advantage and security provided by the forest and losing track of her target.

Knowing the myth behind it, Artemis had a bad feeling about this labyrinth, or whatever it called this place.

The Minotaur and a Labyrinth, it doesn't take much to realize what this meant.

And she hoped she was wrong about this place, because if she wasn't… 

It would suggest that she is now in his hunting grounds, the place where the Minotaur lived and roamed til the day he was slain...

Her visibility was reduced within these walls, but she could clearly hear the heavy sounds made by the beast with each step, 

The echoing made it difficult for her to track him down.

But she can feel it becoming louder and closer, and her instincts never let her down, warning her of the impending danger.

She raised her trusted bow to deflect an ax swing, only for the figure who wielded it to continue running past her back to the labyrinth without giving her a chance to fight back.

Artemis was smiling, which was unusual for someone in such an unfavorable situation.

How long has it been since she felt so cornered?

This Hunter and Prey game was truly fun to her.

But one question popped into her head since it's obvious that this thing was never meant to hurt her.

It was clear that he had no intention of killing her, and as someone who is used to observing, stalking, and analyzing potential prey...

What exactly did he do?

What can he create?

How many and how powerful can they be?

The thought of the possibilities sends chills up her spine if that person ever tried to hunt her down is despairing.

Truly, between Hunters and Preys… both become victims when a catastrophe appears

And that one is definitely a flood. 

25