85- Tying loose ends.
1.1k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Most enemies are undoubtedly threatened by Zeus' attack due to its accuracy due to his control over his own lightning.

But he was forced to target my creation rather than me because I had repeatedly fooled his senses while demonstrating how disposable my physical body is.

The Thunderbolt from Zeus took down the dragon head with my poor version of the Power of Destruction, and it was clear that he still wanted to fight, but the rest of the Gods and the girls arrived.

Zeus clicked his tongue in annoyance, but otherwise held himself back but not before giving me AND the girls a look I didn't like.

The feeling of having to do something about him grew stronger.

He is known to be petty and childish, which is another reason to leave him with a parting gift.

Apollon will handle the rest...

' Go back first, I'm going to say... goodbye.'

Scathach is the only one who did not show up, but there was nothing wrong with her, so she should be fine.

I've never had the opportunity to see how effective Pandora is against better opponents, but thankfully someone offered himself to be the test subject…

Soon after, the various Gods arrived, and I checked to see if there were any surprises among them.

But just by looking at the Gods, I can tell how their fight went.

Well, I'll find out about the details later from the girls.

Poseidon appeared tired but otherwise healthy, with no visible wounds.

Kei must have done an excellent job if she was able to exhaust one of the Greek Pantheon's most powerful gods.

Nyx and Erebus exchanged annoyed glances with Artoria, who responded with a carefree smile that seemed to mock them.

At the very least, she had a good time, which is why we came here in the first place.

Fighting two Gods who are usually known to be Ultimate-class, two Gods who know how and can complement each other during a fight, and still looking as if she just went for a walk, is quite a feat from her.

Then there is Apollon who appears to be thinking about something while occasionally looking at Zeus.

Jalter appears to have done her job, I should reward her later tonight...

Finally, there was Artemis, who appeared a little tired but overall relaxed and content, as if she had just finished exercising for the first time in a long time.

So, after telling the girls and before the Gods could regroup, I appeared in front of Zeus, my hand already stabbing him as Pandora's chaotic energy entered through the wound.

"You shouldn't have looked at them that way."

My current body was torn apart in the next instant by multiple attacks from all directions, including Zeus but I gave Zeus a mocking smile before disappearing slowly.

"Father! "

As I moved away, I noticed Zeus pressing his hands against the wound in pain which made me grin because there isn't any wound.

The initial phase is completed…

Now going to phase two: 

Madness

While traveling home, I contemplated the situation.

The first thing is Nyx; I went above and beyond to ensure that she does not attack us in the future.

My actions left a bad taste in my mouth, but they were necessary.

I didn't do anything to her, I just changed her memories so she thinks I did…

I just hope nothing unexpected comes out of it.

Contracts and other types of seals would be easily detected by an enemy, and I don't know how capable their pantheon's Gods of 'Magic' are, so I couldn't risk it being done another way.

Who would want an assassin-like God as an enemy?

She might not be able to do anything against me, but having someone like that around could be dangerous for those close to us in the future.

The second is Apollon, whom I made sure Jalter talked to earlier about becoming the new God-King and his vengeance Zeus.

There is a lot to talk about with him still, but he doesn't seem to be against it.

And the final part is Zeus, who should be taken care of with what I did.

Sigh. I'll have to keep an eye on them for a while, but it's not like there haven't been any gains...

I might be able to figure out what causes Divine lightning… well divine using the lightning I stole from Zeus and then incorporating it into my ink, increasing its power.

***

When I returned home, I overheard Mordred, Jeanne, and Jalter discussing the fight and how it went.

Mordred was especially interested in Artoria's fight, as expected; she'll love to watch it later, which I'll do for her, and even better if she does it alongside Artoria for some bonding time.

"I'm back. "

They sensed me beforehand, but... why were they silent instead of greeting me back?

They were looking at something behind me, weren't they?

Jeanne was the first to respond, saying, "Behind you... "

When I turned around, I saw why when I looked back at the pair of dragon rust-colored eyes staring back at me from what should be just a 'Phantom'.

Those vivid cyan colors on her clothes, arms, tail, and antlers that I'm so used to seeing

She's the one and only... "Dusk?" The way she looks at me is not something that could have been created like an imitation.

I know it's not real, that it's a painting, but it feels so alive that I had a moment of doubt.

"The world may be your canvas, what you paint on it... beware." The Fake Dusk seemed to be trying to be giving me a warning

And as it faded away, the Phantom smiled at me and left some words only for me to hear.

"Thanks. "

Jalter's voice then asked what most of them thought... In her own way "You got another one... that quick?"

Since when do I get girls out of nowhere? 

"She is just... a painting, almost as beautiful as you," I replied. Yes, it's a painting, and it's so realistic that it almost fooled me.

It may have gotten something from Dusk's soul fragment, but at the end of the day, it's still a painting.

Jalter sighed and rolled her eyes. "There you go... again."

"Common, I feel like I need to remind you of it, you know why, right?" I thought to myself. I'm sure she was frustrated by the fact that she couldn't do anything against a God who totally disregarded her strongest element.

Even if it was silly, it did help to lighten her mood.

Despite knowing the terrible pun, she answered anyway "Because it 'pales' in comparison to everyone else... Ha. Ha. So... funny..." as she rolled her eyes  

As they say cringe lines aren't cringe if you get the girl, right? 

Just don't let your friends record it in case you break up… and you are good to go. 

Well Dusk huh… one more reason to find a way to travel to a different world, I guess.

I can think of various ways to help them with their 'we are pieces of a whole' issue so they don't have to live in fear of disappearing at any time...

And, of course, I find them very... attractive and would love to meet them...

While I was lost in thought, someone else entered the room. "Are you thinking about another of your terrible ideas?" Scathach, and she appears to be as good as ever.

I retorted "I told you that it was bad from the start"

We all felt something from the direction where Scathach came from.

"Well I wanted you to meet an old acquaintance of mine" She explained.

We looked at a certain place in the room, a portal appeared there and a Skelet– Hades walked out of it

We all looked at her with puzzled expressions, and she responded with a chuckle.

At the very least, we're in my Mindscape, so bringing him here isn't a problem.

The God of Death was followed by one of his Reapers, who commented on what happened during Shishou's stay after seeing our puzzled expressions. "To reclaim his lost honor, Lord Hades challenged Miss Scathach to a duel, and fought like the great warrior and leader he is." The Reaper commented and I would believe her if Hades wasn't sending her a death glare,(no pun intended), that made the young Reaper flinch a little bit.

The same goes for Hades, he would be raising his chin and chest proudly if he didn't know the real reason for what happened… 

'You all only wanted an excuse to not have to be 'trained' by her again… ' 

But how can they fool Scathach? "Tell the rest to be ready for a test, I want to see their progress " 

"Yes! When is Miss Scathach coming? " Poor fool, don't you know the answer?

Scathach simply kept smiling at the young Reaper "... " 

He realized that every exam is a surprise exam when it comes to Shishou"... Yes… " I don't know what she did to them but… those guys would probably be on edge the entire week, or… month… or…

Well, in short. 

Good luck.

I don't have the best impression from Hades but I don't remember him being an Evil God so… no reason to be impolite "Seems like work is tough, old man " and Scathach must have a reason to bring him here.

Now Hades' glare was redirected to me as he commented "Especially when some idiot decides to attack our Pantheon… " 

With Scathach following "I agree. " 

Hey! 

Which part? 

And shouldn't you be defending your man? 

I have the feeling that if I ask her, her answer will only be a "Yes "

Ignoring the smiling Shishou, I asked our guest "So, what brings you here? "

26