91- Knowing the… Brat.
680 9 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.First things first. If anyone didn't read the message, I got sick then the Christmas and new year stuff happened and then for sick again and that's why I been out of it for a while.

Take it as an unannounced hiatus. But I'm back, sorry for the wait and thanks for your support. May y'all have a nice day.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-


"..." Really!? 

I mean, I know that I come from a place like DxD where people like Rias and Sona have a body that puts top models to shame with their heaven defying curves and 'physics', and it's all natural on top of that.

I don't like being a narcissist but my looks are at least good in a word like that but still…

I guess I underestimated how much of an impact 'good' was for other worlds like hers that were in a more medieval setting with very few beautiful people outside some sorcerers like Merigold and Jennifer

And males are mostly soldiers with a more rough l and often scar filled looks than something like mine so I guess the impact is reasonable. 

Yeah, that must be it.

That being said, I feel the need to remind this brat. "Handsome. The word you're looking for is handsome " I needed to remind her about the difference. 

It's completely necessary, I swear.

Seems that my answer caught the girl off guard, and after struggling a little to look the reasoning behind my words she answered although with some fear, she is still unsure of what to do in front of me 

"Eh? a-alright then…  you look… pretty handsome? "

"... "

I know that she is 'testing the waters' to see if I'm evil, my tolerance and whatnot but it doesn't make her less annoying. Let's not forget that she is an actual princess and that she should have some education on how to be, look and think like one. 

But the sound of Shishou's barely contained giggles didn't help either. Even if she didn't say it , I can even hear her saying "You brought this upon yourself "

Her laugh seemed to help the little brat calm down to the point where the brat gained a little smirk. 

"You damn brat you are doing it on purpose, aren't you? " 

"No. " She answered seemingly seriously but she broke with some small giggles of her own a little after. Anxiety and tension leaving her body after sensing that we don't seem like bad guys, at least not yet. 

Her new found confidence made it seem as if she made a complete personality change, going from an insecure and timid girl to a more free spirited and curious… brat. 

Now she seemed more confident about talking and soon her curiosity made her ask about us, this place and what's going on.  "So… who are you and how did I get here? The last thing I remember is going to sleep while I was in the… desert "

She also got up from her seat and started touching, pulling and overall playing with the things inside her own 'square' which mostly includes riding some of the monsters like a griffin while touching others to get a feel of them.

Don't ask me why she decided to pull the ears of a couple of drowners that are inside there. 

Again, she must be happy that those are a 1:1 scale statue and not the real thing or else she would be knocked out by just the smell since drowners are pretty much her world's equal of goblins except for the drowned part as you can tell by their name. One can imagine the smell, especially since they don't always appear on clean water.

Anyway, it's time for the presentations. All I can say is that I'm lucky since she is exactly what we need thanks to her ability to jump through words and even time if I'm not wrong. "You can call me Dusk and she is… " 

When I looked at Scathach, she was looking at the little witcher in a way more authoritative than what I would expect from her before saying- or more like declaring or starting her name. "Scathach " and then followed with a small nod with her head

She looks… hot right now.

I couldn't understand why she did it till I saw how our little guest was looking at her in awe, leaving what I can assume to be a great first impression. It seems Shishou has a way with kids. It's nice to see another side of her.

The little girl seems to be curious about my tail, I wonder what she is thinking about me.

 

'A male Siren? Fish tail and pretty with a nice and soothing voice… but no, sirens don't have legs unless he is a weird Siren. Maybe something else?'

Soon she noticed that it was her turn and the young girl introduced herself in a simple way, only giving her name just like the rest did. "Cirilla, or just Ciri." She keeps looking around trying to understand where she is and how she got here. "Thanks for helping me but… "

With that we can confirm who this little (non)Witcher in training is.

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon.

Fated person and a kind of adopted daughter of Geralt De Rivia from The Witcher and exactly what we needed.

I don't know if she is from the books, the games or something else entirely but she will be of help if she decides to join us.

All we need to do now is coax this little girl into making a decision that will affect her entire life. Yeah, that sure sounds right.

Anyway… how do I explain to her how she got here when I don't know the answer?

"As for how you got here. We don't know actually…" Not lying, technically. We know why she got here, not how. 

She frowned at that and with reason since there are several holes in that explanation "You don't know? " 

"We built this place, so we know that it's supposed to call people but we don't know much else since this is the first time it worked so… we don't know. " 

That's the best explanation that I can come up with but I think that I need to clarify something about her current 'body' 

"What we 'call' to this place is your mind, not your real body. You can think of this as a kind of dream that you can interact with " 

At least she is smart enough to understand what that meant for her. This brought the little Ciri to think about her own situation back in the desert, making her feel a little down again. Nothing changed, she is still trapped back there.

Noticing the change, I decided to make her know that we can help. "But we can still help you even if this is a 'dream'. For a moderate price, of course." This lit up the little Ciri eyes, although for a different reason.

"Aha! You are a demon! Now everything makes sense. I first thought that you were some weird male Siren but the deal making made it clear! You are a Demon! " Using sweet swords to charm their victims and making deals with them. Though it's the first time she hears of a demon using their body to do the charming part… that's why she thought Dusk was a weird male siren due to that and the scaled tail.

Demon. In The Witcher it's pretty much a term for 'We don't know what this thing summoned from another plane is' but they do follow the general rule of possessing people and animals, being mostly harmful or evil and everything else you would expect from them giving their name. 

Now I feel the need to clarify so she doesn't have the wrong idea although I do fit the term "First of all, you are the one being summoned from another plane,, but more importantly I'm a human. "

To which Ciri gave me a skeptical look while pointing at my 'extra' parts in my body "Really? It's the first time I see a human with tails and antlers. " 

I tried to explain it the best I could but even I started to doubt myself at this point  "That's because this is not my real body. My real body is human "

Her look now turned into something in between a cheeky smirk and a deadpan as she pointed out what was wrong with what I just said "...Humans that can change bodies? That's some weird humans you have there, don't ya think?"

Wait, Am I even human at this point? 

Meh. Girls do their forever 18 stuff All the time. This is the same but with being human. 

My mind-... No, that's some Eldritch stuff that I don't even want to think about, so that leaves my soul being human? 

Yeah, I'm a Human at heart. Let's leave it at that, A human with an Eldritch Mind.

 

With my mini existential crisis out the way I decided to bring the conversation back on track  "You know what? You are right, I'm a pretty weird human. But that doesn't change anything doesn't it? The question still remains, do you still want our help? " 

I used the fact that she started to ponder about the possibilities to look at the silent Shishou to confirm something, at which she nodded confirming something. She is keeping an eye on the energy left, the energy that lets her stay here.

Good, we have some time left and I can still feed more energy into it if needed so our first call has been a complete success. 

'That means that as long as we don't summon a demon, everything should be fine.'

Without anyone realizing, a star shone stronger for a brief moment. One known as the evening star or the star that shines the brightest in the morning, among other names. 

22