92- We will meet again.
837 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Cirilla started to ponder that question, does she need their help? 

The answer is yes but that opens another question. They didn't offer their help but instead asked her if she wanted it, while that could mean a variety of things it usually means that she had something of interest for them.

They didn't ask about the situation that she found herself in but instead went directly to offer their help so they know about what is happening to her. 

Although her logic may be weird, this entire situation already is. 

Now the question is what can she offer them? The usual things that she was taught to offer during a trade seemed meaningless just by looking at this whole place. Wealth and status seem just that, meaningless in front of… this. 

Even the last resort that is her own beauty pales in front of the woman called Scathach.

Cirilla found herself puzzled trying to find out what they wanted out of her and she only found one answer.

"You need me because you know I'm a 'Fountain', right? It's the only thing that can be of use. " Ciri asked after finding no other options unless they just wanted to help her without gaining anything, but her mother and grandmother taught well how… rare that is.

The young Witcher learned from them that every person had their own selfish motives when doing things for others. 

Well, even Witchers have to often negotiate the price of their services. Something that came up very often when listening to the past adventures of her teachers.

Although her time training under Vesemir and Gerald taught a different view on things, those lessons from both her mother and grandmother came back to her like a tide when she found herself in this place.

"It is described as a 'Power that can destroy everything' and I can say it's true, you have a power that can eliminate an entire race " The person that introduced himself as Dusk explained making Ciri tremble a little bit as her power is to her 'uncontrollable' or just 'dangerous' not… this.

'Elden Blood'. An old experiment made by powerful people to make an even more powerful being so they can then study it to further improve their own knowledge and power. 

The most interesting feature for Dusk right now is how Ciri uses it to travel through different worlds rather easily, sometimes even at different timelines.

A powerful gift that is definitely enough to place Ciri at the top of her world if she can master it completely. 

Not much of it is known but It can be compared to something like the Infinite Stones from Marvel if she were to be drawing power from some unknown higher source of energy since their work in a similar way. 

Dusk seemed to notice her fear and explained to her how this may help her with a calming voice. "Actually, I think our trade may help you. We need energy to call more people like we did with you, and yours is perfect for it due to its nature. The loss won't be permanent and having less energy should help with your problem" 

Dusk, knowing how Ciri's power has been getting more and more out of her control especially when she is under a lot of emotional stress, decided to offer her a hand. "Also, we can help you train your powers here. That's if you decide to come back, of course. " 

"I can choose to not come back…? " Ciri muttered to herself. She believes that there isn't a reason for them to lie to her at this point, much less for something like this but Ciri already resolved herself to come back to this place. It may be dangerous but her curiosity for what this place has to offer won above everything else.

Decided, Ciri asked "No, I want to stay! But how can I return to this place? " The only thing she remembers is going to sleep. 

Maybe that's all she needs to do? Ciri asked herself.

Dusk explained to her. "Again, we are not clear about it ourselves but you probably need to wish to return here while going to sleep. " 

The last thing Dusk wants at this point is losing the first person they've met so he came prepared and made a couple of things with his Ink to help. "I also will give you something in case that doesn't work  "

Ciri nodded "Alright then how do I give it to you? I'm never able to control it… " She also took a deep breath to calm herself. Staying focused is a basic part of the training of a Witcher.

Dusk started drawing some from the Ouroboros tattoo on his shoulder and then moved it into his own 'Throne'. Ciri could see how the pattern in it lit as the energy passed through it "This power comes from you and you should be able to control it since it's a part of yourself. Just touch your Throne and it will come out of your body. " Dusk was going to help too, but she didn't need to know that. Good start to gain confidence in herself.

Ciri did as she was told. She could feel something leaving from her body into her own throne as this one lits up a pattern that leaves her own 'room' and moves to the center of this Dream. 

"And… done. That is enough" 

She opened her eyes confused."Done? That felt like nothing " Was this enough? It took less than a minute. 

Dusk reminds her. "Remember the 'destroy everything' part I talked about? That's why. "

Then she remembered what they said before about how destructive her powers can be. 

"No pressure Ciri, No pressure " Ciri chanted to herself after understanding a little more about herself.

Seeing through her worry, Dusk decided to cheer her up a little bit "But it may be a good thing, didn't you want to be a True Witcher? " 

And it worked like a charm. Although she considers herself a Witcher, she can feel that something is missing. "Can I? " 

Dusk knows well how much your own fears can affect your powers so he decided to give her a reason to not fear what is already hers. "You need to ask your teacher, but you can definitely become stronger than any Witcher if you master your own power. '' Is hard to say if she will ever be considered a True Witcher due to what makes them, but he isn't lying about the last part.

Witcher need to go through the Trial of Grass, undergoing mutations to go from a human to a Witcher. 

I don't know the exact process of its benefits but one could guess how much they need to improve to survive and fight against giant monsters and numerous beasts. Being impaled, clawed and biten was part of the job and Witchers were expected to keep moving even after such wounds and somehow stay alive.

And it is also hard to forget about their concoctions, needing to bear their toxicity and strains it caused to their bodies.

Even if you had the strength to kill a monster, that resilience is what really makes a Witcher. But it is expected, they need to be able to fight big monsters such as Wyverns and Griffins. 

But there are also different Schools of Witchers so I don't know for sure the effect that each has on the Witcher.

That's why it is hard to tell if Ciri can be considered a True Witcher since she never went to that Trial, yet she has the potential to become strong enough to rival them. 

Seeing the little princess daydreaming, Dusk decided that it was time to wake up. Literally. Although there is some energy left, Dusk had a weird feeling about this next summoning. "There isn't much time left for us, sadly. It's time for you to go back and wake up"

Ciri understood but she remembered something important. "Wait, how exactly are you going to help me back in my world ? " 

Dusk threw something at her. "Take this" looking at it, it had the form of a… Ink Bottle?

She looked at Dusk, confused. She wanted to ask about this Ink Bottle, how can this help her? But she also remembered this whole place and the situation she found herself in. In the end, she decided to ignore it, too many things that didn't make sense already. 

Without having time to think about it, she started to feel 'sleepy', a weird feeling to have when she can somehow sense that she was actually waking up. 

Wait, won't I be sleepy since I've been 'awake'' this whole time?

As she fell asleep, She heard the voice of Dusk explain "I will give you everything you need through it. That includes food, water, clothes and some information about the near future so you can be more safe " 

The future? That does explain a lot of things. Prophets are already somehow common in her own life making her accept their knowledge of her future quite easily "Thanks. I… will come… back." 

 -_-_-_-_-_-

(Dusk POV)

"Is there a reason why you didn't want to try and summon someone else? There is enough for another attempt, more so after what she gave us, " Scathach commented while making Ciri's magical energy move around her hands, studying it on how it reacts. 

Do all worlds have the same magic energy or are they different in their nature? Questions.

"Gut feeling. I learned from the best to trust my instincts in times like this, our next possible member may be… problematic " I told her. I simply couldn't get rid of this feeling that something is going to happen. Something problematic.

Scathach asked me but her eyes never left the energy moving in her hand, trying to pry open every single one of its secrets. "The dangerous kind? "

I dismissed it as something unimportant. "Who knows. And it wasn't a lie either since we need to understand the nature of her magical energy. "Let's get out of this place, I can tell you're eager to try some things." 

I don't want to give her more problems when she looks so focused. There are not many things that can stop her when she gets into something new like this but I also know that I'm one of them.

Shishou surprised me with a voice filled with a playful tone in it. "Oh my, to think you learned how to understand a woman, quite a legendary skill you got yourself. Many would be envious. " 

I simply answered back as we got out of the Star Court. "I learner from the best "

But her teasing didn't stop there. "Oh? You learn from some else? Please tell, who? " 

"Of course it's you… " What is she up to now? I wonder.

"A misunderstanding then, made by the fact that I'm 'perfect', not 'The best'. 

"And what's the difference? "

"I'm too good to be just The best, and the best isn't good enough to be me. Simple " 

"I thought I would never say this but… I kinda miss the cold Shishou… " Not that I dislike this one. But Making me feel safe by saying such things, who knew she could be so caring… 

"... "

"... "

Out of curiosity, I asked about my 'Rank' amount of her disciples "Say, out of all your disciples, where am I at? "

Scathach thought her answer for a bit "Well, you are quite well positioned if we speak about potential…" The answer surprised me, but before I could feel proud she continued. "... And yet at the worst in terms of progress "

"Auch. No, I definitely don't miss the cold Shishou " 

So I'm quite behind in my own potential and Shishou thinks highly of me. Quite an interesting thing I learned today.

Aen Elle. 

The home world of the Elves. 

A number of Elves sat together, but it was clear that they weren't equal as many of them gave a subservient feeling towards a singular elf. "Tell our men to remain alert. The time of the prophecy is near, the time when the Elder Blood will return to its rightful owner" 

Me. 

"As you wish my King. "

For now, we wait. 

18