The Story
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luke sighed inwardly as he stared across from him at the handsome man. It has been over a year since the death of his boyfriend and him in the dating scene but for some reason, he was just not feeling this at all.

“So Luke is the food not nice? You’ve been picking at it all night,” Kane asked.

Luke sat up straight with a smile, shaking his head he said, “Please forgive my rudeness, it’s just been so long since I went on a date and being here feels like I’m betraying him.”

Kane looked at him briefly and said, “If you do not want to be here then you are welcome to go home. I do not want to make you feel uncomfortable and force you to be here.”

Luke sighed, “I’m really sorry. I thought I would be up for this but I don’t think I can see myself dating anyone. I love him too much.”

Kane forced a smile. He took Luke’s hands in his and said as he gazed into his eyes, “Luke, I am sure you will be able to move on someday. No one is asking you to forget the love of your life but I just do not think that he would want you living in his memory and never being happy.”

Luke nodded his head in agreement, wiping away a stray tear he said, “I’m so sorry for being depressed on our first date.”

Kane chuckled and kissed his hand, “As long as you promise that on our next date, you’ll be happy to see me.”

Luke nodded his head, “Are you sure you want to go on a second date with me?”

Nodding his head seriously, Kane said, “You’re handsome, why wouldn’t I give us a second chance?”

Luke stood up and said, “I think I am ready to go home, I don’t want to waste any more of your time.”

Kane nodded and stood up too. They paid the bill and walked out of the cafe hand in hand. As they reached Luke’s car, Kane looked at him nervously and asked, “So since this was not a traditional date, can I get a non-traditional kiss?”

Luke chuckled and wrapped his arms around his neck, he stood up on his toes and pecked Kane on the lips then said, “Since it’s non-traditional, you just get a peck.”

Kane frowned and shook his head, “No, I want more.”

He leaned down, pulled Luke back in for a kiss and devoured his lips. Luke tried to protest but enjoyed it too.

A man walked past them and for a split second he recognised Luke because he had seen him too many times and was shocked that he was kissing some else. He frowned because this was not right and he knew for a fact that Luke would never do something like this and called confused, “Luke? Is that you?”

Luke pulled back from the kiss surprised and turned around. He looked at the man and his eyes widened in surprise.

“Issac?” He called confused.

Issac nodded his head and asked, “Shouldn’t you be at the hospital with Nick?”

“Nick?” Luke repeated then asked, “What do you mean? And why are you here? Shouldn’t you be dead too?”

“Dead? What are you talking about? We all returned six months ago and I just got out of the hospital too. Wait? Didn’t the government contact you about his condition?” Issac asked.

*

Luke stalked into the hospital and found the room Nick was in. Kane grabbed his arm before he could burst through the door and said, “Do you think this the right thing to do?”

Luke looked at Kane and said, “I need to go find out if it’s true. You know I love Nick with my everything and if he is alive then I need to be by his side.”

Kane’s brows knitted as he said, “So what does this mean for us?”

Luke stared at him and said, “I’m not a coward. You said you’ll give me a second chance right? Then why not give Nick a chance too?”

Kane stared at him as he thought about it and asked, “Like what? Date both of you?”

Luke stared at him and a smirk slowly made its way on his face. The sparkle in his eye told Kane that the words he spoke were a brilliant idea.

Sighing Kane said, “Fine, just go in, I’ll be here.”

Luke nodded his head and turned the handle of the door that screeched softly. He walked into the room and saw a man lying on the bed or what he could make out was a person wrapped in white bandages from neck to foot while his face was covered barely.

Luke walked up the end of the bed slowly and saw that medical chart with the name, “Nikolai Rayland Norwood.”

His heart sank to the pits of his stomach and he rushed to his side. He lifted his hands to touch the man’s face as tears pooled in his eyes. He wanted to touch Nick but he could see that he was hurt and all the burn marks? Why did he have them?

A tear fell onto Nick’s cheek stinging him. His eyes snapped open staring straight into Luke’s brown eyes.

Luke saw that his eyes were open and couldn’t help but smile. Wiping his tears he said, “You stupid dog, why couldn’t you just stay by my side and behave?”

Nick wanted to laugh but his body hurt. He opened his mouth and complained, “You abused my heart.”

“I promise I won’t hurt you again okay,” Luke said and wiped Nick’s tears away.

Nick nodded his head, “I’m sorry. I told them not to contact you, I’m no longer your handsome boyfriend.”

Luke chuckled, shaking his head he said, “I never loved you for your looks, I loved you because you loved me all my life, your looks were just a bonus.”

Nick chuckled and went quiet and so did Luke.

A knock on the door caught their attention and in walked Kane with a concerned look on his face, “Is everything okay?”

Luke nodded his head, “Yeah it is, Nick’s awake.”

“Oh…” Kane trailed and walked over to the bed.

He looked down at Nick who was staring up at him confused and asked, “What happened to you?”

“You are?” Nick asked him.

“Oh… I’m his online boyfriend,” he answered pointing at Luke with his thumb.

Nick turned to look at Luke and wanted to say something but he couldn’t. It made sense that he moved on but it hurt his heart because Luke was supposed to love him and only him.

“Well technically he is now dating both of us,” Luke mentioned and both men’s brows shot up.

Kane cleared his throat and said as he looked over at Nick and sat down on the bed by his feet, “It’s nice to meet you boyfriend number two.”

Nick’s brows knitted and he looked at Luke. His expression was serious and so was Kane’s.

“I guess I don’t have much to complain about,” Nick said and closed his eyes.

Kane looked at Luke and they smiled at each other. Taking both Nick and Luke’s hands in his, he said, “I guess this is a new adventure for the three of us.”

1