Chapter 2 – Elise
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived after a flash in a modern looking room, the room was about 6 by 6 meters. In the center of the room we see a sci-fi looking hologram console table combo.

Our pack consisted of 3 women and 5 males. We all wear camping equipment with big backpacks and food for quite some time.

Berand, the only human of our pack, holds me close to him so I lay my head on his shoulder. This makes me feel very safe even if we do not really know where we are.

Ratan is the first to say something: “Seems like it worked, good that we packed our camping stuff before using this.”

Megda replies, “the only questions that remains, where are we and can we go back?”

As if to react the center console lights up and displays holographically:

The Hero Transmigrating System

welcome

body

mind

cheat

mission

last actions

We welcome you to the Hero Transmigrating System. This system is for the people who want to experience adventures outside their own worlds and rules. You are one of those people, after completing a mission you can decide to go back to your own world or continue your adventures. (...) We hope you have a fun time during your stays.

Ratan, the fast reader that he is, has the first conclusion about the welcome page.

“It seems like this is basically the terms and conditions of this Hero system, and an explanation of what will happen. I will read it through and pick out the important bits.”

Thomas answers, “That seems like a good idea. That last page sounds ominous. Then the rest of us can check if everything that came with us still works, because my telephone is out of energy.”

The rest of us agree with that assessment. Then we all put our bags down and shift through everything we have packed. Bottles of water enough for a day, food for 3 days, 8 sleeping bags and mats, 2 4 person tents, a gas 2-pitter, cooking utensils, 6 flashlights of which 3 that can be wound up, 6 power banks, some cloths and other trivia. After sorting through that all we came to the conclusion that all electronics were no longer useful. Or in other words, electricity did not seem to work and all things that contain electrical power are depleted.

We start playing Uno with a stock of cards until Ratan is done.

 

-=-=-

 

After a few rounds of playing uno with a stock cards, Ratan is finally done reading the welcome page.

“Well, that can be shortened quite a bit. First, this room seems to be already attuned to the world we will be going to. In this case that means no electricity, but I think you already figured that out. We will have mana instead.

Secondly, this has an explanation for all the pages. I will go over them when we reach them. Starting with the body page. This is the moment our bodies from DNA up to appearance change to be able to survive in the world and look like natives. The text explained that every god or group of gods makes their own world with their own rules. So with this change we will not die like some fish on dry land. One last warning, you will black out so we best alternate who will be first.”

 

Dennis replies, “Thanks that we will not die instantly, I assume the mind page does the same but than for the brain. Adjust us to the local languages etiquette to make symbols of hate or religion have the same values. Let's do boys first and girls after.”

 

“You guessed correctly,” said Ratan. “Seems like a good idea, normal split? Then let us all go through the pages body and mind.”

I stand up from the ground and walk to my holographic screen. Berand walks next to me and changes his screen to body. On it he sees a warning that he would black out. I walk up behind him and catch him when he presses the button. I lay him on the ground and give him a lab pillow. I see Megda catch Thomas and lay him with only his head next to Luke. Filia was standing ready behind Dennis.

“Come on Dennis, don’t be that scared. If whoever made this place wanted to harm us they would just instal spikes on the wall.” Encourages Filia, “You can do it and I will catch you.”

Dennis breaths in deeply and pushes his fears aside and presses the button. Filia catches him and lays him head to head with Ratan.

Megda lifts the heads of Thomas and Luke and moves her thighs under them to give them both a lap pillow. Filia did the same for Ratan and Dennis.

I move my hands through Berand's spiky blond hair slowly undoing the gel he put in this morning. I say, “those four still look as cute when doing the lap pillow as when we were pups.”

Filia adds, “a very true statement, but the best reactions come when they wake up and just do not get up and find every excuse to linger.”

Megda laughs, “that is always true, and they know they can just ask for more. But more interesting is that hunk on your legs Elise. I mean I can see why you would fall for him. Seeing him fight against the world just for you, the real question remains: have you already confessed to one another?”

“Remember two nights ago when we were next to the brook? He woke me up in the middle of the night and we had a romantic walk. After we reached that waterfall a bit upstream he asked.”

“What words did he use?” inquerd Filia and at the same time Megda asked, “did he go down on one knee?” They both had a bit of lift of from their waging tails.

“His exact words where “I love you, will you be my mate?” He said it when we were sitting down and enjoying the view.” I see Megda and Filia getting ready to ask more questions. “Hush, let me finish and ask more questions after. If you don’t I will leave you in suspense.” That threat seems to work as they barely manage to swallow the words they wanted to say. “I pecked his lips as an answer and got embarrassed and turned away. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into his lap where he said, “I take that as a yes.” We continued to cuddle for a few minutes afterwards.” I can see that they want more knowledge and they have trouble understanding that I am already finished. Just as they want to ask questions Luke, Ratan and Berand begin to move and wake up.

 

Berand asks, “did we interrupt your talk?”

I decide to tease him and my tail starts wagging with the thought. “Yes you did mate of mine.”

He instantly gets a bit of a blush and flicks my forhead and smiles a sinister smile, “bad doggy, doggies are not allowed to tease. Now I will need to punish the bad doggy.”

I laugh and tease further, “can’t the owner not take a joke.”

He sits up and pulls me onto his lap. He starts to head pat me, “heatpat prison for the bad doggy.”

I melt into his embrace and barely manage to ask, “can you also scratch behind my ears?”

“No, bad doggy will not get ear scratches.”

I give him my best puppy eyes. Berand sighs, and boobs my nose. “No begging, or I will extend this longer.”

I replied meekly, “Yes, I shall obey the almighty wolfkin tamer and put my life in his hands.”

He gives a big sigh sounding like he gave up, “you guys will not stop that joke at all, will you?”

No one was willing to meet Berands gaze and give him an answer.

1