Chapter 4 – Dennis
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elise disappeared as we were talking about Berand’s space, I assume we went into that space. I also see everyone else send messages to ask where she is, so I won’t do that, hearing five people talking at the same time can only be impossible to understand.

Elise soon sends a message back, [Guys relaxs, I am fine. I seem to have entered a space like that one you are in, only this one has sides of about 10 meters. I will try to leave.]

Elise suddenly appears next to Berand and he catches her in a tight hug. The rest of us join in and make it a big group hug.

Elise compliance, “Guys don’t try to hug me to death.” and whispers loudly enough for our ears to hear, “It does feel nice, all this love in a hug.”

We do the most logical thing and suffocate her more.

I release myself from the group hug first and start thinking. First, The most important part of Ratan's question is answered. We, wolfkin, are able to be considered tamed animals for Berand’s skill. Second, the size does not match up with the members we have. Third, we need to know if we can leave our camping equipment inside. Lastly, “Hey Filia, can you give us a name for that Tamed Animal Space?”

Like bitten by an adder she replies, “Why is it always me that needs to come up with good names on command?”

“Because we will make names like “Big room” or “Man cave” or “The Almighty Wolfkin Tamers Animal Pen””

Berand hears the last suggestion, “I will vote that one out, way too long and embarrassing.”

I walk to my backpack and walk towards Berand while saying, “Fine, but then you think up a good name, or get Filia to do it for you.”

I grab Luke and Thomas from the dog pile. “Luke and Thomas, I want to know a few things about that space. First I want one of you to prevent panic”

“I will do that,” says Ratan from behind me.

“Sold, second, I want to know if we can get backpacks and other people in, the last one will be hard to test sinds we are all already “Tamed”. After that I have a few more things I want to figure out. So, Thomas you hold my hand and try and stay neutral, while Luke holds the other and tries to stay here.”

Thomas strugs and Luke replies, “Sure, seems like I can just be as annoying as usual then.”

We walk up to behind Berand, grab the hand and start the test. As my desire to enter rises I can feel the space Berand has, I can also feel what will be taken with me and select and deselect what will come with us. Seems like everything my skin touches will be included automatically. Luke and Thomas will be naked and I will lose my backpack, shoes and the things in my pockets. I change what will enter and make it include both their clothing and the backpack with everything in it and my pocket knife. I can now also feel that the shoe lace of thomas goes outside the area and so can not be taken with us. I pull lightly on Thomas so we can include it. The last thing of note is that even if I have not yet started to enter I can feel that to include Luke will cost way more energy than needed. I decided to just leave him outside and only take Thomas with me.

Suddenly Thomas and I are standing in a modern looking room that seems to be about 10 meters along every side including up. I tail a message to Luke, [Enter on your own, I sensed I could have overpowered you but that it would cost us both a bit too much energy.] A moment later Luke enters, “so that is how it feels to travel here, I almost dropped a few items. I wonder if Elise dropped a few items.”

“Not sure, but even this one trip has given me some information.” I drop my backpack and grab a postit to note some things down including the things I have already observed. I walk to a corner and start to measure out how big this space is. “Luke, can you describe how this space felt when you traveled here?”. I slowly count out my steps while I listen to Luke.

“I saw in my mind's eye this room through the outer walls. Like a bugged out game where you are out of bounds and I saw you inside but I had not a clear compass indication. I could try and land anywhere.”

I note a few things down. “Interesting, also this room has sides of 9 meters. Seems like those 2 cats he knows are also included in the Animal count. What were their names again?”

Thomas helps me out, “Void and Barcode, I did not feel anything from the transfer, only from you. A push to this space and I could give pressure against it.”

I note that down too. “A few questions remain” I walk to my backpack again. “First, how solid are the walls and floor? And can we leave our backpacks here savely?”

I grab a tent peg and push it into the floor. Nothing, I hit it on the floor. Again nothing, I lift the peg to hit the floor even harder when I get a tail message. [STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!]

I am not sure who sent it but it seems like something is up. I start to leave. I can now sense the area Berand is in and himself. I see he is laying down in pain. Elise is next to him trying to remain calm. Filia and Ratan do remain calm and try to assess what is wrong.

Seems like Megda is getting the med kit. I jump out above his head, but Thomas is there before me so I get nudged to the side. I appear just in front of Thomas and he can barely react before he walks against me. I fall over and roll out of the way only getting a bruise or 2.

“What happened to Berand?” Luke asks.

Ratan answers, “he just gave a pained expression and screamed.”

Berand follows up, “it felt like I was hit by a nail or something, I could not identify where but it hurts all over my body.”

I quickly conclude, “I just tried to break the floor with a peg. Could it be that you somehow felt that?”

Megda joined back with us while holding the med kit. “Lets not check that out right away, are you willing to share all your findings with us?”

I summarize all that we have found and ask Elise if she might have dropped something.

 

After Berand feels better we try to see if trying to break the sides of his space does hurt him.

I tail to the rest [I am starting with a light hit.]

I get a message back, [he felt it, not anywhere on his body but he seems not to be able to explain where he did feel it.]

I walk to a sidewall and stick the postit with the information on it to the wall. I note down a few more things we are discovering. [Does he feel me writing?]

[No.]

[Does he feel me poking?]

[A little bit]

[Does he feel me punching?]

[Yes, it seems like he can. It does not hurt, he says. Could you keep up the punches? Berand wants to figure out what he can do with the origin from the feeling.]

After a few minutes I hear in Berand’s voice from all the walls. “Dennis, do you hear me?”

I shout back, “Yes I can!”

“Sorry, it does not seem like I can hear what happens inside this space, you need to use a tail message for that.”

I tail to him, [I could hear you loud and clear, so you can easily ask for our help if we are inside this space.]

“That is great, you can come out, I think we figured all the important bits out. Time to start leaving.”

1