Chapter 1
170 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was said that the first thing that happened was the sound of the dragon echoing across the world.

Humanity with all its weapons of war couldn’t even scratch its scales.

It flew and burnt city after city.

People called it ‘The black dragon of Armageddon, Diablo.

A fitting name for a creature that destroyed the world, before remaking it in its own image?

All this is speculation, but I have nothing else to go on. The documents I am researching have been badly damaged and all I have are bits of information.

Can’t be helped. All this was supposed to have happened over 80 years ago after all.

“There she is!”

“Shit! They found me.”

I am currently running in the jungles of New London. A city in the Euro continent.

Large buildings litter the forests of large trees and I am using them to try and throw off my pursuers.

If you are wondering why I am running, then the answer may surprise you.

It’s because I am a woman.

It is said that once the black dragon of Armageddon, Diablo was finished burning the world a blinding light covered the world and everything was changed. 

It turned our world into what was then considered a fantasy world.

Jobs, Skills, Magic, Status Screen, HP, MP, and a whole lot of scary monsters appeared out of nowhere.

In these troubling times, you think humanity would come together to fight.

It didn’t.

Instead, young boys who were often societies laughing stock for their love of anime, manga, and gaming banded to gather and formed unions called otaku clans.

With their knowledge of these types of worlds their clans grew and oppressed everyone else.

Some fought back, but they were quickly destroyed.

Then one day the clans sealed their place as rulers of the world when they captured and controlled the Pillars of Zen.

These tall golden pillars were the only way to change jobs or pass the level cap of 50.

Across the world, there are 20 of these pillars and each one of them is controlled by a clan.

“She is over here!” a man yelled behind me

Dam these bastards never give up!

I am running out-breath. These useless bastards just don’t know when to give up.

Anyhow, back to the story.

After the clans sealed their place as rulers of the world, their tyranny bared its fangs.

The first victims were any male that had an above-average look. The so-called, ikemen.

They were harassed and mistreated by the clan members. Some were even driven to madness or death.

They finished their revenge by branding all ikemen as second-class citizens.

As much I would like to feel pity for them. The fate shared by women, pretty or not, was far worse. 

In my grandmother's words, ‘they dragged us back to the dark ages

Rape, slavery, and other unmentionables awaited women. Slowly but surely, women’s rights and voices were suppressed.

We became nothing more than tools for pleasure and amusement.

Over time, the only way for a woman could survive was to suck up to men. Especially the otaku-looking kind. 

This lasted for a while and it seemed that it would last forever. Until a ripple feel on this world.

Not all otaku’s pre-new-world were men. 

Some were women. Seeing the rise of the clans as a threat to women everywhere, they banded together and formed the tamer girls.

“Ahhh….”

“We got her…”

Hmm… seems they had someone with the hunter job.

I was dangling by my feet near a tree. I seem to have fallen for a hunter's trap.

“She is a beauty. How much do you think the slave merchant will pay this?”

If I had to guess. These guys were an F-rank party. Catching women in the wild and selling them off in towns was the only way for scum like them to make fast money.

Lets leave these fools for now and get back to the story.

As I said earlier, changing jobs in this world could not be done without the Pillar of Zen. One could not also pass the level cap of 50 without it.

These two factors are what made the clans so very powerful.

Each clan only allowed those who were members or submissive to the clans to level up or change jobs.

Women were however restricted on the jobs they could change to. 

Maid, Chef, Prostitute, Secretary, and Dancer, were some of the approved job titles. 

Good-looking girls were, however, forced to choose the Prostitute job. Apparently, it was their penance for how their ancestors treated otakus.

The tamer girls rose to fight this bullshit.

Tamer girls, as the name implies, are girls who have the tamer job. Out of all the possible jobs, the tamer job was the only one that was capable of being a threat to the clans.

First of all, it allowed one to breach the level cap. 

By capturing a fairy spirit, one could level up as their fairy spirit leveled up. Each level up by a tamed spirit meant that a level cap was removed for its tamer.

By the time the spirit leveled up to a High Spirit, a tamer would have reached level 250.

The second reason was numbers. The clans had massive manpower at their disposal with multiple jobs and high levels. If you were going to fight that you need numbers of your own. 

However, raising such numbers in the wild would be impossible, but what if those numbers weren’t filled by people?

There was no limit to the number of monsters a tamer could tame as long as their level was high enough.

These two factors made the tamer girls a force to be reckoned with. However, they never could have imagined what would happen at the battle of Sydney.

The tamer girls decided to attack the pillar of Zen in Sydney. The pillar was being controlled by the weakest clan, Firefly. It was going to be an easy victory for them when from behind, the most powerful clan appeared.

The Washikawa Clan.

The clan comes from the home of my grandmother, Japan. It was the first clan to begin conquests across the world and now, apart from Australia... half of Canada and the USA, belongs to them.

With the tamer girls and firefly weakened from battle, what followed was a bloodbath as they invaded.

No mercy was shown. It was after this that the tamer job was banned. The clan heads couldn’t allow such a scary job that allowed a few to challenge the many to exist.

Many tamers across the world were hunted and killed, as one after one, clans adopted the Washikawa policy.

Today, the only people who have the tamer job are those born in wild. However, the odds of being born with that skill are 1 and a million. That is to be expected, they are thousands of jobs out there.

The only tamer girl I have ever met was my grandmother. She passed away four years ago.

On her death bed, she left me two things. One was a mission and the other was…

“Wow, she is pretty. Looks Asian, maybe Chinese or Thai?” uttered one of my captures.

“I say Japanese.”

Looks like there is a smart one in this party

“Let cut her down and take her to the slave trader.”

“Can we have some fun with her first?”

“Why not… It would be a waste to not have our fair share of that body.”

“Look out!” the hunter cried as he shot a horned rabbit that leaped out of nowhere.

“Eh…”

The arrow hit the rabbit dead center but what happened next, shocked the members of the party. The rabbit disappeared like smoke.

“Oi… Oi… What was that?” one asked the hunter.

“No way… That was a summoned monster.”

“But who summoned it?” asked one guy before all five of them looked at me.

“No way… Is she a tamer girl?”

“I thought they were extinct…”

“We hit the jackpot tonight boys… Forget the traders, if we present her to the clan maybe they will make us members.”

“All right.”

Just as they were celebrating I spoke to them, “Congratulations boys, you caught a tamer girl.”

They all stopped their celebrations when they spotted my smile.

“Why you smiling about?” asked the guy who seemed to be the leader of the bunch

“I just couldn’t but notice that you guys are probably F-rank?”

“Yeah! So?”

“You can take down a horned rabbit by the looks of things.”

“Yeah, So?”

“Can you take down a thousand of them?”

As I said that red eyes appeared behind me as one thousand horned rabbits appeared.

Their faces went pale and my smile became wider.

“Now wait a moment. We can talk this out.”

“Sure… When I get to the afterlife I will be sure to look up your address. < Bunnies, Hunt >

They turned tail as I gave the rabbits the attack order. I can hear the screams of the men as my rabbits hunt them down.

It is kind of amusing. Hunted becomes the hunter. That is the circle of life.

Now, where was I? Right!

The second thing that my mother gave me was this crest.

The crest of the tamer girls. The crest of the clan that came to be. Every time I see it I remember the mission my mother gave me. It was a mission shared by the survivors of the battle in Sydney.

My mission is to find the black dragon of Armageddon, Diablo. Tame him and with his power, burn all the other clans to ash.

I have no choice but to accomplish this mission.

I am, after all, THE LAST TAMER GIRL

5