Chapter8- cowardly Isakar
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed since Isakar received an offer to join a project to go to another world in other to fight against the sorcerers.

He was not interested in these prospects. It was not solely because he was content with his miserable life, nor because he was afraid of fighting.

It was because of a bad feeling he got by getting close to the other Awakeners.

Isakar was different than most Awakeners. Where, other tough of their awakening as a blessing, he had always seen it as a curse.

In the end, Isakar was a coward. His supernatural power enabled him to experience dead while remaining alive. Although he did not like that feeling and tried his best to remain alive during his missions, he managed to get used to the unavoidable experience of death and had developed a strange Instinct thanks to that.

It was like a feeling of imminent death. Even stranger was the fact that the more horrible and painful the said death was, the greater the premonition of Dread became.

Isakar had experienced death by being burned alive while fighting a monster, he had experienced the feeling of his organ and skin being eaten and had even gone through an acidic rain.

But even then, the foreshadowing of death was not that dreadful.

Isakar was also a lone hunter, when he arrived in Asura Hell he joined a team of hunters and trusted them only to be stabbed in the back.

He remembered the day he had to eliminate all these people he had long been considering as his brothers and sisters.

 

Today, Isakar was going out for a mission. Like almost every other day, he felt that familiar feeling of dread, as if he was going to die.

But he was not that surprised, in Asura Hell, there were many kinds of danger, the most common being the monsters born from the tumor inside the giant monster spaceship, the second being the disease that one could get, viruses that had evolved countless times.

Isakar was almost immune to them like every other awakened.

The third danger consisted in the other human because hunters often hunted each other.

But the things, that people feared the most in Asura Hell, were not the other hunters, the diseases, or the vicious beasts, but rather the Hazards.

In Asura Hell, there was a book called " The Hazard Record". These hazards were silent killers both strange and Bizarre.

Almost all, those that encountered them died, even worst no one knew how, but they could move as if they had a mind of their own in Asura Hell and appear in the most, unexpected place.

They were the true terror of Asura hell. The most well-known among them were Dark holes, purple mist, vortex, and Singing field.

People who encountered them rarely survived.

Hunters, we're not afraid of dying, but when dying they wanted to know-how and when surviving they wanted to know why.

Even Isakar was not sure of being able to escape unscathed from one of those phenomenons.

It is part of the reason why he was always prepared for anything while leaving his places. Under his oversized overcoat were all kinds of devices attached to his body, making his body slightly hunched forward.

 

Like always, he made sure that all his sacrifices were prepared, alive, and sedated.

After finishing his task, he took his Asura key and activated it.

He exited his hideout and went through the hidden vessels of the monster spaceship for hours, following the feeling that the Asura key was giving him.

He was going to a familiar place after all.

But he still needed the Asura Key because some areas often moved from their original places as time went by. Only the central area remained unmoved after so much time.

 

When Isakar finally exited the complicated hidden passage, he had arrived in a strange place.

It was a valley that was cutting through the red-colored stone. There were huge and deformed pillars that could be seen rising from the ground like strange monsters all the way up to the sky of the Asura Hell. There was a strong coppery smell in the air, and an oppressive feeling pervaded the place.

While the hidden passageway was closing behind him, Isakar took a deep breath welcoming the pungent air of the Valley of No Return.

 

0